Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunflower 2016, Tubbys Farm, County Down August 5th - 7th.

Options
  • 16-07-2016 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone ever check this festival out in Northern Ireland Sunflower Fest, its a camping Music and Art festival, looks small nice and intimate, family orientated but a nice mix of sounds with six different stages.

The line up is local and Belfast collectives and some artists from the South too:
    The Strypes, Le Galaxie, Co Co and the Butterfields, The Emerald Armada, Extended Plat Showcase, Interskalactic, Jealous of the Birds, Jika Jika, King Kong Company, Malojian, Pocket Billiards, SKYMAS, Trucker Diablo, Twitch, After the Ibis, Aine Cahill, Alpha Twin, Amanda St John, AMICA, Beat BBQ, Belfast Easy Crew, Belfast Music Club, Bloom, The Bonny Men, Brisboys, Chris Hanna, Cian Finn, Civil Simian, The Crawling, The Crossfire Hurricanes, Cult Called Men, The Dandy Horse, Dave Barry, Deany Darko, Deep City Groove, Dimebag DJs, Donna Dunne, Echo Raptors, Troya - Electronic Sound Baths, Elevation Falls, Eziekel Bloom, Fiction Peaks, Freedom 35's, Gilded Thieves, Gone All Year, Greasy Fringe, The Hardchargers, Henry Cluney, HOW, The Jackobins, Jason Young, Joel Harris, The Late Twos, Lo Mejor, Loris, Mags and the Beards, Mark Graham, Mathew Malcom, Matty James, Midknight Thieves, Mosmo Strange, Nanu Nanu, Nasa Assasin, Nature Studies, Nephilim, Philip McCarroll, R51, Remedy, Richie Blacker, Slick Normal, Submission, Sun Shadows, Susie Blue, Travis Oaks, Twisted Sisters, Ubblahkan, Ursula Burns, Vienna Ditto, VOKXEN, Will Softly, WotD (DJ Set), The Witch Trials.

http://www.sunflowerfest.co.uk/index.html

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

Heading to this tomorrow, The Strypes and KKC headlining, taking the kids to their first festival so hoping they enjoy it. Could only talk the mrs into doing a day instead of whole weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Have a good one Charlie and I hope the weather is good for you, remember to report back with a short review, its one I want to check it out myself as my family is from the North West region so nearer to there than where I am living now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

Headed down to this on Saturday, its a very small festival, everything very compact, its family orientated, lot of stuff for the kids. You can bring your own booze in, even on a day ticket, security very relaxed, didn't get searched at all on way in. There was a lovely atmosphere about it, friendly crowd, a good mix of people, loads of metal heads and punks about too, seemed to be a good few folk up from the south.
    There was rock, blues metal etc in the Barn stage, walking in there was like walking into a coffee shop in Amsterdam, some lovely aromas, very relaxed on that front too. Watched a couple of bands in there, Travis Oaks from Kildare who were excellect and NASA Assassin from Belfast who were good too.
    Good mix of music on the main stage, we watched Trucker Diablo a good old fashioned rock band, Pocket Billiards a ska band who were class then the mighty King kong company who were outstanding, cant believe I missed them at EP last year. That put us in the mood for raving so we swerved the Strypes and spent the remainder of the night in the dance tent. We didn't catch much on the other stages but there was folk music on the campfire stage and spoken word etc on the pond stage. All in all a great day, the kids loved it, the weather was great. Would defo recommend it. Will get a weekend ticket next year, should have been at it before as only live 15 miles away but you live and learn.

Advertisement