Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to build a brick wall - inside

Options
  • 16-07-2016 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I want to build a brick wall (straight forward and simple - no features) inside the house against an existing internal wall -purely for the brick feature - about a couple of thousand bricks.
    Anyhow what is an indicative price for laying a brick?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I want to build a brick wall (straight forward and simple - no features) inside the house against an existing internal wall -purely for the brick feature - about a couple of thousand bricks.
    Anyhow what is an indicative price for laying a brick?
    Thanks

How will this wall be supported?
    Will you be exposing the existing foundations in order to pour new foundations up tight against them?

It needs to be tied back to something also. So wall ties in strategic locations but what will they be tied to?

I think you should look into brick wall paper if it's the feature you just require.

Don't get me wrong, it's possible but it will cost a significant amount of money to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

I was in a tile showroom in damastown, Dublin 15 this week and they have a selection of brick effect tiles that actually looked very realistic. Could be an easier option

Advertisement