Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Moore

Options
  • 16-07-2016 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Has anyone been watching his rides the last 6 months to a year, esp. on those favorites that are around even money, 4/5 or 11/10? I've long ago stopped backing him on those types (or anything really) but just wondered if anyone has noticed how he is leaving horses way out the back and boxed in, today on Evensong he did the same and stopped riding the horse completely. Of course he won on Peace envoy earlier beating Psychedelic Funk but it was nothing to do with his tactics as far as I could see it was a fairly straightforward race.

Just funny how he seems to flop on favs but he'll pop up on a horse that isn't top of the market. And that 7th heaven that won the big one today was O'Brien's 3rd or 4th string and backed 25 into 14... I am not one of those guys who thinks everything is fixed but it's just strange carry on.

Despite the amount of success he's had I think he's the most overrated jockey going right now. If he look at his ride on Minding in the Investec Oaks he did everything possible to make the horse lose and it only won because it's got so much talent. If I was O'Brien I would be looking to get someone else soon, unless I was having him flop on these horses on purpose, of course.

I don't back horses much any more but I still watch the racing a good bit, gonna keep track of how many more of these rides and 10/11ish flops the boyo comes out with in this thread. Anyone else notices it feel free to chime in!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DeiseMan4

Best thing with any coolmore horses is to wait to bet within the last 5 minutes. The staff are paid shillings and will put a bet on any good horse within the last 5. Now this advice is null with any big races (group etc.) because the betting is too wide scaled. Ryan Moore is a top jock but it's not unusual for him to get up on a drifting fav and get bet by a stable mate backed in. Keep an eye on that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Shocker there at Ascot.

Advertisement