Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 TdF, Stage 15: Bourg-en-Bresse → Culoz (160km)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

If Froome dissappeared Quintana would get lost. Like a blind man and his guide dog. Permanent shadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

A bit of fisty cuffs there between sky and bardet over the top of the climb, any idea what was happening there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Either Kirby and Kelly know nothing about Pantano, or else they overrate the hell out of Majka. Bit of both really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Lamest finish by Majka ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

omri wrote: »
    Lamest finish by Majka ever...

Ya after such an easy day what would you like him to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Hmmmm, another day passes without Quintana doing anything but following wheels....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Hope Quintana wakes up later in the week.

Ya after such an easy day what would you like him to do?

I think the point being made is he made as much of a bollox of that finish as it was possible to make, went to the front far too early and paid dearly for it.

Its sunday, the week is over!! :p

Inquitus wrote: »
    Hmmmm, another day passes without Quintana doing anything but following wheels....

Hes the most conservative rider Ive ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Has Dan Martin gained enough time over VanGarderen to move up a spot on G.C.?

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Has Dan Martin gained enough time over VaGarderen to move up a spot on G.C.?
    Tejay van Garderen finishes, about 1.25 down on the yellow jersey group. He was dropped earlier on the climb

Is that enough? (Edit, no he's still @20 secs behind, but given TJ's form is failing I'd expect him to make up the time in the coming days)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

I think the point being made is he made as much of a bollox of that finish as it was possible to make, went to the front far too early and paid dearly for it.

Indeed given that Pantano celebrated way before the finish line. Another lesson learnt for Majka.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

A bit of fisty cuffs there between sky and bardet over the top of the climb, any idea what was happening there?

Think Bardet was looking for a water bottle from a helper at the summit but Sky blew past him.

Is that enough?

Not quite I don't think!

Btw, excellent OP formatting job!

Cnk-a7BXYAADGEV.jpg

Dan remains in a respectable 9th

Apparently the reason for Zakarin stopping was a lost contact lens? Sounds a bit odd.

https://twitter.com/philmaertens/status/754703476907737089

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Apparently the reason for Zakarin stopping was a lost contact lens? Sounds a bit odd.

https://twitter.com/philmaertens/status/754703476907737089

Why does it sound odd? He isnt great at descending. Try that while blind

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Having lost a lens playing football, its a nightmare and completely disorientating. Losing it on a bike while descending could be catatrophic (Not sure if zakarin's eyes are as bad as mine)

Looking at the remaining stages...its really a procession now isnt it? Mollema will defend his second place the whole way, yates will just try to beat mentjies, quintana doesn't look like up for it, valverde is following nairo, porte will do nothing, tj is going backwards. Only hope is for Dan, Bardet & Aru to go hell for leather some day on a mad one.

retalivity wrote: »
    Having lost a lens playing football, its a nightmare and completely disorientating. Losing it on a bike while descending could be catatrophic (Not sure if zakarin's eyes are as bad as mine)

Looking at the remaining stages...its really a procession now isnt it? Mollema will defend his second place the whole way, yates will just try to beat mentjies, quintana doesn't look like up for it, valverde is following nairo, porte will do nothing, tj is going backwards. Only hope is for Dan, Bardet & Aru to go hell for leather some day on a mad one.

That's pretty much it. Yates is delighted to be where he is, Porte happy enough to be ahead of Van Garderen, who looks as if he might drop out of top ten. Martin would be thrilled to get top 10. I reckon, everybody else is in defensive mode from here on in.
    Nobody will be prepared to risk their G.C. in any attack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Eamonnator wrote:
    That's pretty much it. Yates is delighted to be where he is, Porte happy enough to be ahead of Van Garderen, who looks as if he might drop out of top ten. Martin would be thrilled to get top 10. I reckon, everybody else is in defensive mode from here on in.
    Nobody will be prepared to risk their G.C. in any attack.

Aru is the only one I can see really going for it but he's already too far down to really make a difference. Could podium though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Would it not make more sense for a cyclist to have prescription shades rather than having to use contacts? Any drop of sweat getting into contacts is a nightmare, never mind the amount of sweat a cyclist with a helmet would produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Burial. wrote: »
    Would it not make more sense for a cyclist to have prescription shades rather than having to use contacts? Any drop of sweat getting into contacts is a nightmare, never mind the amount of sweat a cyclist with a helmet would produce.

never have any problem with sweat in mine, prescription shades steaming up is another matter

never have any problem with sweat in mine, prescription shades steaming up is another matter

Aye only time I struggle is when there's really really heavy rain, I can either try and keep on the shades I can't see out of, or take them off and try and blink out the crap thrown up from the wheels in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bullet64

tour is always finished once froome gets the yellow everyone else is too scared to risk anything by attacking him. it makes it very boring to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I hope he doesn't at this stage TBH. His performance over the two weeks so far had been ultra conservative to the point of boring, and while he may be sandbagging waiting to pounce in week 3, it has been awful to watch. I thought Froome had no panache? Quintana makes Froome look interesting and aggressive, and that takes some doing........ :cool:

I want anyone else to win at this stage, certainly not Quintana with the performance he has put out so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Why does Froome get such a hard time from fans? Is it because there might be a peds issue?

Looking at him in this tour he has been superb. Climbs the hills, can descend and time trial with the best of them. Granted in interviews he can come across as reserved and doesn't say much. But he also comes across as humble and even a bit shy. Seems to be strong mentally too.

Why does Froome get such a hard time from fans? Is it because there might be a peds issue?

Looking at him in this tour he has been superb. Climbs the hills, can descend and time trial with the best of them. Granted in interviews he can come across as reserved and doesn't say much. But he also comes across as humble and even a bit shy. Seems to be strong mentally too.

peds? do you mean pedals? as in the problem he had the other day with the pedals on the Mavic bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Bring on the Autumn /spring classics as this is turgid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

PEDS as in performance enhancing

Advertisement