Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Hardware Laptop Repair in Limerick?

• 16-07-2016 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

The screws in my laptop have become loose in recent weeks and the bottom of the laptop is a little detached from the laptop itself. I opened up the laptop and the plastic casing of the laptop is damaged which is why the screws won't tighten. Can anyone recommend a cheap laptop repair store in and around the city?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

sounds like you need to replace the bottom/top section of the casing.
    you could order it yourself and replace it.

avoid Techstar anyway

in some cases it may actually be cheaper to get a new laptop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

dunworth1 wrote: »
    sounds like you need to replace the bottom/top section of the casing.
    you could order it yourself and replace it.

avoid Techstar anyway

in some cases it may actually be cheaper to get a new laptop

Hopefully it doesn't come to that! Tomorrow evening I'll open it up and take pictures. I need to take a look it again because it may have gotten worse over the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

This happened an acer laptop I have twice, I just ordered them online. Have to say the acer casing seems very fragile as some of the screw holders have broken off again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Would recommend Express PC Repair in Castletroy (near Superquinn)

Had an issue with a work laptop that they sorted very quickly!

Advertisement