Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent ban from politics cafe

Options
  • 16-07-2016 8:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭

Here's what I said.

I support what they stood for but that doesn't mean I support everything some of their members done. The poppy day massacre was a disgrace which was approved by a mid level officer but I agree with the killing of British soldiers and I understand that civilian casualty is sometimes inevitable.

I was speaking in context of the war that soldiers were legitimate targets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please follow the process & discuss this with the mod who banned you. If you cannot come to agreement on the ban - come back here & a CMod will look into your appeal.

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭jack923

Please follow the process & discuss this with the mod who banned you. If you cannot come to agreement on the ban - come back here & a CMod will look into your appeal.

tHB

Hey there still no reply any chance of someone looking into this.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I will look into this for you, please give me some time to gather information and in the meantime could you please forward me any PMs you sent/received in regards to this ban?

Thanks

I'll alert a CMod to this thread.

Quin_Dub
    Date: 30/06/2016 | 15:53
    Dear jack923,

You have been permanently banned from Politics Cafe for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Quin_Dub

Moderator Note

Advocating terrorism . Also just back from a ban. This isn't for you

Your post:Quote: jack923
    Quote: Godge
    I certainly agree that average Irish people were clueless about the troubles. Many of them either supported the terrorist IRA or had a sneaking regard for them. That allowed them to continue with their atrocities for much longer than they should.

If only all Irish people had taken a harder stance against the IRA from the start, then maybe so many people wouldn't have died.

The post i was banned for: I support what they stood for but that doesn't mean I support everything some of their members done. The poppy day massacre was a disgrace which was approved by a mid level officer but I agree with the killing of British soldiers and I understand that civilian casualty is sometimes inevitable.

• Advertisement

jack923 wrote: »
    Hey there still no reply any chance of someone looking into this.

Have you actually PM'd the mod who banned you? Please post a copy of the PM that you sent up here.

Have you actually PM'd the mod who banned you? Please post a copy of the PM that you sent up here.

This is not a good enough reason to ban me I'm supporting one side of a war over the other

Jack - The decision to ban you was based not just on that single post - although that post was a clear breech of both the forum and site charters.

In the preceding 4 or 5 days you had accumulated several cards and you had also just returned to the Café following a 2 day ban for personal abuse.

Your pattern of posting showed a clear disconnect from what is acceptable behaviour on the forum and the wider site so the decision was taken to ban you.

I remain fully confident that this was the correct decision.

If you wish to contest the ban , please follow the Dispute Resolution process.

Thanks

I believe this is based on some moral thing from the mod I had just been banned from the cafe but he just used that as an excuse to make the ban.

Thanks for confirming that.

OP banned for 1 month for re-registering to evade this ban.
    He can start a new appeal when he returns.

• Advertisement

Thread reopened if the OP wishes to continue this appeal.

tHB

Poster permanently sitebanned. Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement