Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

March 2017 Babies club

• 16-07-2016 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭

Not me, Im in December. Starting this for those of you that are hesitant to. :D

Hope you dont mind.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

Thanks fits! Here's hoping this thread grows and grows and we do too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

Just got my bfp yesterday. Baby no 2. I'm awake now, feeling so ill. Had that hyperemesis gravidarum last time but was from seven weeks not four. Hope I don't get it this time round. Other than that all good no symptoms. How's all the other expectants out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭pooch90

I'm tentatively jumping in!
    I think I'm due around March 9th, but not 100% on my dates, which is very unlike me but tracking app crashed when had my last period and I never thought to try and input it again.
    Have a little man that will be 6 months tomorrow so this pregnancy a bit of a shock. More worried this time than I remember being at the start last time. Just want the next 6 weeks to go smoothly so I can get a scan. Not going to opt for an early scan I don't think. Only finished my maternity leave on July 2nd and found out on July 5th! Thankfully, I'm off for the summer so have until end of August before I've to go back to work and should be gone at Xmas-September again.

Due March 13th, tho have 25 day cycle so some apps saying earlier. Have early pregnancy unit app this Fri so hope to know more then.
    Yours are close together and mine very far apart. My daughter's last school book for leaving cert maths arrived in the post one day and the next day I had a positive test result. V excited and very nervous. Trying to remember the last time, the nausea and morning sickness stand out. Amazed at all the apps and information out there now, I got my first mobile phone when pregnant the last time and no one else in my family had one, definitely easier to find out information but can be worrying when you read too much too sometimes.
    Also trying to talk about where we should go for prenatal care and public V private debate. Personally I think public is very good in Ireland and maybe I should save the money towards college fees next yr!

Wow, we are totally different ends of the spectrum so strawberrie!
    I went public with little fella in Cork in January, couldn't have been happier-room with one other lady and the staff were great. I was attending mid wife led clinic for appointments, much quicker than attending hospital. Only downside was I only got 3 scans in total-12,20+22 weeks.

• Advertisement

Thanks pooch, think I'd be very happy with three scans if things progress ok. I was semi-private the last time but straight after delivery I was placed in a public ward, I didn't notice and fell fast asleep. They woke me up to move me to the semi private ward, it was lovely but I never quite got back to sleep like that again.
    You must have pretty much everything you will need bought and ready at home now for number one. Hopefully it makes this new arrival very easy for you.
    pooch90 wrote: »
    Wow, we are totally different ends of the spectrum so strawberrie!
    I went public with little fella in Cork in January, couldn't have been happier-room with one other lady and the staff were great. I was attending mid wife led clinic for appointments, much quicker than attending hospital. Only downside was I only got 3 scans in total-12,20+22 weeks.

I don't think there will be anything easy about two under 2 unfortunately! We had always planned to have them close enough if we could, bought a travel system that can be adapted into a double so we really don't need anything thankfully. I'm just worried that number one won't get the best of me, probably silly I know.

You'll definitely be very busy, but they will have so much fun playing together and growing up together in time. Try not to worry, you clearly have lots of love to give!
    I don't think there will be anything easy about two under 2 unfortunately! We had always planned to have them close enough if we could, bought a travel system that can be adapted into a double so we really don't need anything thankfully. I'm just worried that number one won't get the best of me, probably silly I know.

Aw thank you. It's all just a whirlwind, this time 2 years ago we were 2 weeks away from getting married and now we are pregnant with our second child!!
    Are you feeling well Strawberrie?

Yes, hormones definitely kicking in tho had my first but of nausea on sat and cried over a silly story I read last week. So tired but awake really early and starving. I'm off work at the moment so definitely spending too much time thinking about it.
    Went to see my elderly nan at the weekend with family. Unfortunately there was a health warning up and pregnant people were advised not to go in. It was really awkward as only my oh knows so far and we feel it's too early to tell anyone else. Had a funny time avoiding being in the ward. Really wanted to see her too, she hasn't long left and I'd love her to know.
    How are your symptoms, is it different for you this time? Sounds like you've had an amazing two years!
    Aw thank you. It's all just a whirlwind, this time 2 years ago we were 2 weeks away from getting married and now we are pregnant with our second child!!
    Are you feeling well Strawberrie?

• Advertisement

Definitely a crazy two years but great.

That's really tough about your nan, could you write her a letter and send it in with OH?

I'm quite weepy too and wrecked and starving. So far, same as last time. I wasn't sick at all with first, just got pelvic girdle pain for last 6 weeks but that hasn't fully gone away so hoping it doesn't kick in too early this time.

It's nice being off work when you are so tired at the start, I'm a senior infant teacher and was in the middle of school plays,end of year madness and reports at this stage last year. At least now I can go for a nap with bubba if I need to.

I really need to go to the GP but keep putting it off.

I'm lamenting never getting back into pretty bras!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Oh finally a March thread - I didn't want to start it myself! :P
    I'm due 4th March - all going well. Still in happy shock that I'm actually pregnant. Was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last summer, had one ovary removed and finished chemo last February. So I feel like this is a miracle. Have had a miscarriage before so am still really nervous.

I've had two scans already - they are keeping a close eye on me which is great. Last scan showed a strong heartbeat at 160bpm AND another heartbeat which wasn't so strong at 79bpm. They didn't seem too optimistic about the smaller embryo so I have another scan on Thursday to check on them.

So far I'm doing ok symptom wise - Just SUPER tired! :(

Wow Dreamstar that is some roller coaster for you! Great to hear that your treatment went so well and this miracle is happening for you. Life is full of surprises! Lovely to know they will be monitoring you so carefully as well.
    Also lovely to see four mums to be for March here too now :)
    I'm teaching also Pooch so making the most of this break. I'd say work and pregnancy tiredness/nausea are no fun.

I'd say work and pregnancy tiredness/nausea are no fun.

........it's not. :D:D:D
    I shouldn't complain - my nausea isn't too bad at all. I just need to distract myself........But the tiredness!
    One of the days last week I was so tired that I just went to the bathroom, lay my head on the toilet roll dispenser and closed my eyes for a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bananas123

Hi Ladies,

I'm due 19th March. Still in absolute shock! First pregnancy and so nervous... We couldn't keep it in and told our parents once the GP confirmed it all. Counting the minutes to 12 weeks! Calling Holles Street tomorrow to register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Hi Ladies,

So excited. I'm due I think around 24th March. Just found out last night! We've been trying for a couple of months and had a chemical last November which I would have been due this week so I'm grateful and extremely nervous at the same time!

Dreamstar I'm so pleased to see you on the thread as I read your story a while back.

No symptoms yet apart from a coldsore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Hi All,

I'm due Feb 28th but my last baby was over a week late so I expect this baby will be an early March arrival. Am 8 weeks now & feeling ok. Bit of nausea but no actual getting sick. Just totally exhausted! Got my booking app for 12+1, can't wait for it.

Love2love wrote: »
    No symptoms yet apart from a coldsore.

I also had a massive coldsore when I was 4 weeks - they are an absolute curse :(

Aw so great to see people joining and thanks so much love2love! To be honest I can't believe I'm here!
    I had my second scan yesterday. At my fist scan there were two heartbeats but sadly there was only one yesterday. It's what I'd expected would happen as the embryo was smaller than the other and the heart rate was a lot slower. But I didn't think it would be gone so quick. It's kinda sad - and makes you think that this probably happens all the time but isn't picked up.
    Anyway our little embryo is a perfect size and we could really hear the heartbeat so clearly - it was amazing! I had an appointment with my oncologist in Holles St after and he was SO happy for us. Have to say the nurses and consultants is Holles St are so nice! I have been under most of the consultants there at one stage or another and they are all just so lovely! So my next appointment is another scan next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭Amigone

Hi all

I'm just gone 7 weeks, first pregnancy. Really really nervous and just want to get to my scan which is booked for week 11.

Bit overwhelmed by it all - it happened pretty much on our first try and we didn't expect it so quickly. Thought I'd have more time to figure stuff out.. like how babies actually work,etc! Delighted and very excited though.

Feeling horrible tired for about four weeks solid now, all I want to do is sleep. Nausea most of this week but I'm not sure if it is a tummy bug or morning sickness, hoping former!

Hope you all feeling well x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Found out last night I am P, had suspected it but didn't want to test incase I was disappointed. Due March 23rd. Have a little girl who just turned two. Excited but Very nervous this time as I had quite bad post natal depression after my little girl. Had never had anything like it before and kind of came out of nowhere when she was six weeks. I came through it with lots of support but a little afraid I'll get it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dub8

Hey girls! I'm very cautiously joining this thread! I'm due around 28th March , only found out a few days ago ! I have a daughter who will be 2 in a few days ! I had a miscarriage in March at 14 weeks , it was a very tough time and I ended up with a few admissions back to hospital afterwards , took 3 months for everything to be sorted and be given the go ahead to try agin. Luckily I got pregnant on first try , a bit nervous but trying best to stay positive and keep busy up until 12 week scan ! These forums are great for first trimester when you can't tell people you are pregnant but want to talk about it ! H

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

Hi all, tentatively posting here too. Due March 18th according to my app. I've no symptoms whatsoever except period type back pain for the last week. This is my 2nd. My first just turned one so I'm nervous about two under two!! Looking forward to getting to 12 weeks and loving being able to talk about it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

Pudner7 wrote:
    Hi all, tentatively posting here too. Due March 18th according to my app. I've no symptoms whatsoever except period type back pain for the last week. This is my 2nd. My first just turned one so I'm nervous about two under two!! Looking forward to getting to 12 weeks and loving being able to talk about it here!

My LO is just gone eleven months. I can empathise with the nervousness! :)

VandC wrote: »
    My LO is just gone eleven months. I can empathise with the nervousness! :)

Hi VandC, it'll be fun but tough I'm sure. My brothers and sisters and I are all 18months apart and all pretty close and had a great childhood so I'm hoping mine will buddies too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Congrats girls! I found out yesterday that I'm pregnant, period was 2 weeks late but wasn't concerned as we were being careful. Took a test just to rule it out and got a HUGE shock when the test line showed up immediately :eek:

I already have a 1 year old and a 2 year old and things were just starting to quieten down for us and get easier. Oh well :pac:

Have to post this as a guest as all my family and friends know my regular username.

Exciting times!! Good luck to everyone!

Wow, thank god there's others with smallies due around the same time, my guy was 6 months on Monday and teething, yay for first trimester exhaustion on top of that!

I just booked my pregnancy in online with Holles Street. EEkkk!!! Of course I don't expect an appointment for a while just yet.

How's everybody doing? I'm exhausted but I always am on Mondays :)

Love2love wrote: »
    I just booked my pregnancy in online with Holles Street. EEkkk!!! Of course I don't expect an appointment for a while just yet.

How's everybody doing? I'm exhausted but I always am on Mondays :)

Ooooh excitement!
    I'm REALLY tired and started to feel sick literally just in the last few days. The only time I don't feel the nausea is when I'm eating. So I'm trying to eat little and often and get out for walks etc.
    Still getting cramps every so often and the very odd bit of spotting - anyone else getting this?

Still can't believe it's real! Ahhhhhhh!

• Advertisement

dreamstar wrote: »
    Ooooh excitement!
    I'm REALLY tired and started to feel sick literally just in the last few days. The only time I don't feel the nausea is when I'm eating. So I'm trying to eat little and often and get out for walks etc.
    Still getting cramps every so often and the very odd bit of spotting - anyone else getting this?

I'm feeling really sick today. Am struggling at work here. Feel like if I could just be sick, I'd feel ten times better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ooooh excitement!

I bled up until 16 weeks, mostly with cramps too. Similar situation to yourself, in that we started out with two. I've had a huge amount of scans but they were never able to determine where the bleeding was coming from. Don't ever be afraid to ring your EPU, even if it's just to put your mind at ease :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xReyx

Hello
    Been lurking in the Feb 2017 and March 2017 thread for a while.
    I am 7 weeks pregnant, had a miscarriage in November so i am trying to be cautious, further along this time and this whole pregnancy feels different, it feels solid. This will be our first!
    Was off from work last week and i was able to nap for two or three hours every day, sadly not able to do it today, so tired at the moment. Nausea is not too bad, it does die down if i eat something small or sip lots of water.
    Hope everyone feels OK today! Really love reading all your little bits xx

Lucyfur wrote:
    I bled up until 16 weeks, mostly with cramps too. Similar situation to yourself, in that we started out with two. I've had a huge amount of scans but they were never able to determine where the bleeding was coming from. Don't ever be afraid to ring your EPU, even if it's just to put your mind at ease

Gosh that must have been scary for you! I nearly passed out the first time it happened me. And after every cramp I'm nearly afraid to go to the loo. It's awful! Now thank god it's only ever been light spotting - never red blood but still - it's not nice.

I can't wait till I can tell everyone and relax more. It's hard feeling so crappy and not being able to get any sympathy. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Hi there,
    I think I'm gonna make another addition to the March thread.
    My expected due is around the 8th March, it's my second.
    I already saw the GP twice and there is a slight suspicion it could be more than one because I'm battling insane nausea (it's official Hyperemesis now) and my belly looks like I'm already 15 weeks. I had to attend to the hospital last week for a drip because my nausea was out of control and I spent the last 7 days before that in bed feeling dead. My life was literally vomiting, sleeping and whining around. :D
    It's better now, I'm on quite helpful medication.
    I had morning sickness in my first pregnancy, but it wasn't anywhere close to that.
    Personally we hope it's just one very motivated little bugger.

I have my booking appointment on the 23rd August, I'm dying to know what's going on there.

Ladies, I hope you all stay strong in this time of sickness and exhaustion :)

Oh you poor thing, LirW. That is so tough going! Glad you got sorted out with some medication. One of my friends had HG too - it was awful. Hope you can turn a corner soon! Feel bad for giving out about my one day of nausea now :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

Hi all,

So went to the doctor yesterday and it's all confirmed that I'm pregnant! We're still in shock really, it's our first.

Doc estimated my due date as 1/4/17 but she didn't take into account my shorter cycles so I think my due date is more like 28/3/17 so I'm going to hang around in here for now :)

We're going for an early scan in 5 weeks just to confirm dates and have a look and hopefully it'll all seem more real then!

Abrean wrote: »
    Hi all,

So went to the doctor yesterday and it's all confirmed that I'm pregnant! We're still in shock really, it's our first.

Doc estimated my due date as 1/4/17 but she didn't take into account my shorter cycles so I think my due date is more like 28/3/17 so I'm going to hang around in here for now :)

We're going for an early scan in 5 weeks just to confirm dates and have a look and hopefully it'll all seem more real then!

Ooooh congratulations and welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 guesswhat

Hi everyone

Anyone here going to St Luke's Kilkenny?

Due 17th March

So I had another scan this morning. All looks perfect so far. Such a relief.
    So there is definitely one little baby - the other embryo has disappeared. It's so strange - but we are just so so happy!

So I just had to book in my anatomy scan which will be my next one unless the doctor requests another one. That's not until the end of October. I was hoping I would get another one around the 12 week mark. So now I don't know whether to see if the doctor can do one or to just book in a private one for 11 / 12 weeks. I'm back in the clinic next week so might ask if they'd think I'll get one.

But so relieved all is well - I get such fear when they start the scan and it takes them a while to tell you anything. I always expect the worst!

Glad to hear everything is going well, Dreamstar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭fits

Delighted for you dreamstar! Yep Id definitely try get a scan around the 12 week mark. Peace of mind is priceless.

fits wrote: »
    Delighted for you dreamstar! Yep Id definitely try get a scan around the 12 week mark. Peace of mind is priceless.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. The scan today you could see how much the embryo has grown but still hard to make it out.
    Just can't wait to 'see' the baby.

The 12 week scan is lovely. It was really clear.

Hi girlies,

Dreamstar a scan is so reassuring so I'm really happy for you. And if you have to get one privately at 12 weeks, do so. It's an enormous relief to get past the 12 week mark, but you can actually take it as a good sign that they don't feel the need to scan you again until the anomaly :)

I'm approx 6 weeks now and this morning I felt the first wave of nausea. Just for a few minutes and nothing too unbearable but OMG the tiredness. I went to bed at 9 last night and was asleep before my head hit the pillow - oh and I slept through my alarm at 6!! I know it's silly but I am almost welcoming the symptoms as I had a chemical in November. It's nice to feel pregnant!!

Morning mamas. How's everyone feeling? Thank god it's almost the bank holiday weekend. I'm exhausted and been feeling nauseous these last few days. I didn't have any sickness first time around. I really feel for anyone with HG. It does not sound like fun! At least there seems to good meds available for it! I'll be booking in for a private 10 week scan. It's just too long a wait otherwise!! Anyone else booking one?

Pudner7 wrote: »
    Morning mamas. How's everyone feeling? Thank god it's almost the bank holiday weekend. I'm exhausted and been feeling nauseous these last few days. I didn't have any sickness first time around. I really feel for anyone with HG. It does not sound like fun! At least there seems to good meds available for it! I'll be booking in for a private 10 week scan. It's just too long a wait otherwise!! Anyone else booking one?

Hey Pudner,
    I feel your pain with the tiredness - finding it SO hard in work. And I do have the constant nausea too which also makes you tired I think. Thank god I didn't get HG - my mam had that on all her pregnancies. Really feel for anyone who has it. Also anyone feel like their bloated belly weighs a tonne? It's the weirdest feeling.
    I've had a few scans already but my next one isn't until 22 weeks. So I think I'll definitely book a private one for 11 / 12 weeks. I figure it's money well spent.

Hey Pudner,
    I feel your pain with the tiredness - finding it SO hard in work. And I do have the constant nausea too which also makes you tired I think. Thank god I didn't get HG - my mam had that on all her pregnancies. Really feel for anyone who has it. Also anyone feel like their bloated belly weighs a tonne? It's the weirdest feeling.
    I've had a few scans already but my next one isn't until 22 weeks. So I think I'll definitely book a private one for 11 / 12 weeks. I figure it's money well spent.

Hey dreamstar, just this morning I'm feeling really bloated and belly heavy!! It's a bit early but I guess second time around its gonna feel different! I really hope I don't show soon although I've a feeling I'll be breaking out the maternity leggings and jeans soon!!!! It's very exciting though! Can't wait to feel some movement too!
    It's definitely money well spent! Just to see that jelly bean jumping around and to see the heart beat!! It's the most surreal thing! Funny story too I burst into tears this morning listening to the news about Hillary Clinton possibly becoming the first female American president!! Like wtf!? It really got to me. 😂

Pudner7 wrote: »
    Hey dreamstar, just this morning I'm feeling really bloated and belly heavy!! It's a bit early but I guess second time around its gonna feel different! I really hope I don't show soon although I've a feeling I'll be breaking out the maternity leggings and jeans soon!!!! It's very exciting though! Can't wait to feel some movement too!
    It's definitely money well spent! Just to see that jelly bean jumping around and to see the heart beat!! It's the most surreal thing! Funny story too I burst into tears this morning listening to the news about Hillary Clinton possibly becoming the first female American president!! Like wtf!? It really got to me. 😂

:D:D:D That's funny! I actually haven't gotten that emotional thing yet. And I haven't been that irritable........yet! Think I'm just too tired! :o:o:o

Yeah my tummy is just so bloated! It's obviously all water retention or whatever but it just feels so big and heavy and I'm so paranoid - even though nobody else would notice.

We've decided to tell our families this weekend. I'll only be 9 weeks but I figure if something happened I'd be telling them anyway so we're just going to let them know. I'm so excited to tell them!

I burst into tears this morning reading about the event horses going to Rio. Now that's bad!

fits wrote: »
    I burst into tears this morning reading about the event horses going to Rio. Now that's bad!

Ha ha that's so funny! These hormones are hilarious!

• Advertisement
Advertisement