Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2017 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

dreamstar wrote: »
    Ooooh excitement!
    I'm REALLY tired and started to feel sick literally just in the last few days. The only time I don't feel the nausea is when I'm eating. So I'm trying to eat little and often and get out for walks etc.
    Still getting cramps every so often and the very odd bit of spotting - anyone else getting this?

Still can't believe it's real! Ahhhhhhh!

I bled up until 16 weeks, mostly with cramps too. Similar situation to yourself, in that we started out with two. I've had a huge amount of scans but they were never able to determine where the bleeding was coming from. Don't ever be afraid to ring your EPU, even if it's just to put your mind at ease :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xReyx

Hello
    Been lurking in the Feb 2017 and March 2017 thread for a while.
    I am 7 weeks pregnant, had a miscarriage in November so i am trying to be cautious, further along this time and this whole pregnancy feels different, it feels solid. This will be our first!
    Was off from work last week and i was able to nap for two or three hours every day, sadly not able to do it today, so tired at the moment. Nausea is not too bad, it does die down if i eat something small or sip lots of water.
    Hope everyone feels OK today! Really love reading all your little bits xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Lucyfur wrote:
    I bled up until 16 weeks, mostly with cramps too. Similar situation to yourself, in that we started out with two. I've had a huge amount of scans but they were never able to determine where the bleeding was coming from. Don't ever be afraid to ring your EPU, even if it's just to put your mind at ease

Gosh that must have been scary for you! I nearly passed out the first time it happened me. And after every cramp I'm nearly afraid to go to the loo. It's awful! Now thank god it's only ever been light spotting - never red blood but still - it's not nice.

I can't wait till I can tell everyone and relax more. It's hard feeling so crappy and not being able to get any sympathy. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Hi there,
    I think I'm gonna make another addition to the March thread.
    My expected due is around the 8th March, it's my second.
    I already saw the GP twice and there is a slight suspicion it could be more than one because I'm battling insane nausea (it's official Hyperemesis now) and my belly looks like I'm already 15 weeks. I had to attend to the hospital last week for a drip because my nausea was out of control and I spent the last 7 days before that in bed feeling dead. My life was literally vomiting, sleeping and whining around. :D
    It's better now, I'm on quite helpful medication.
    I had morning sickness in my first pregnancy, but it wasn't anywhere close to that.
    Personally we hope it's just one very motivated little bugger.

I have my booking appointment on the 23rd August, I'm dying to know what's going on there.

Ladies, I hope you all stay strong in this time of sickness and exhaustion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Oh you poor thing, LirW. That is so tough going! Glad you got sorted out with some medication. One of my friends had HG too - it was awful. Hope you can turn a corner soon! Feel bad for giving out about my one day of nausea now :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

Hi all,

So went to the doctor yesterday and it's all confirmed that I'm pregnant! We're still in shock really, it's our first.

Doc estimated my due date as 1/4/17 but she didn't take into account my shorter cycles so I think my due date is more like 28/3/17 so I'm going to hang around in here for now :)

We're going for an early scan in 5 weeks just to confirm dates and have a look and hopefully it'll all seem more real then!

Abrean wrote: »
    Hi all,

So went to the doctor yesterday and it's all confirmed that I'm pregnant! We're still in shock really, it's our first.

Doc estimated my due date as 1/4/17 but she didn't take into account my shorter cycles so I think my due date is more like 28/3/17 so I'm going to hang around in here for now :)

We're going for an early scan in 5 weeks just to confirm dates and have a look and hopefully it'll all seem more real then!

Ooooh congratulations and welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 guesswhat

Hi everyone

Anyone here going to St Luke's Kilkenny?

Due 17th March

So I had another scan this morning. All looks perfect so far. Such a relief.
    So there is definitely one little baby - the other embryo has disappeared. It's so strange - but we are just so so happy!

So I just had to book in my anatomy scan which will be my next one unless the doctor requests another one. That's not until the end of October. I was hoping I would get another one around the 12 week mark. So now I don't know whether to see if the doctor can do one or to just book in a private one for 11 / 12 weeks. I'm back in the clinic next week so might ask if they'd think I'll get one.

But so relieved all is well - I get such fear when they start the scan and it takes them a while to tell you anything. I always expect the worst!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Glad to hear everything is going well, Dreamstar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

Delighted for you dreamstar! Yep Id definitely try get a scan around the 12 week mark. Peace of mind is priceless.

fits wrote: »
    Delighted for you dreamstar! Yep Id definitely try get a scan around the 12 week mark. Peace of mind is priceless.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. The scan today you could see how much the embryo has grown but still hard to make it out.
    Just can't wait to 'see' the baby.

The 12 week scan is lovely. It was really clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Hi girlies,

Dreamstar a scan is so reassuring so I'm really happy for you. And if you have to get one privately at 12 weeks, do so. It's an enormous relief to get past the 12 week mark, but you can actually take it as a good sign that they don't feel the need to scan you again until the anomaly :)

I'm approx 6 weeks now and this morning I felt the first wave of nausea. Just for a few minutes and nothing too unbearable but OMG the tiredness. I went to bed at 9 last night and was asleep before my head hit the pillow - oh and I slept through my alarm at 6!! I know it's silly but I am almost welcoming the symptoms as I had a chemical in November. It's nice to feel pregnant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

Morning mamas. How's everyone feeling? Thank god it's almost the bank holiday weekend. I'm exhausted and been feeling nauseous these last few days. I didn't have any sickness first time around. I really feel for anyone with HG. It does not sound like fun! At least there seems to good meds available for it! I'll be booking in for a private 10 week scan. It's just too long a wait otherwise!! Anyone else booking one?

Pudner7 wrote: »
    Morning mamas. How's everyone feeling? Thank god it's almost the bank holiday weekend. I'm exhausted and been feeling nauseous these last few days. I didn't have any sickness first time around. I really feel for anyone with HG. It does not sound like fun! At least there seems to good meds available for it! I'll be booking in for a private 10 week scan. It's just too long a wait otherwise!! Anyone else booking one?

Hey Pudner,
    I feel your pain with the tiredness - finding it SO hard in work. And I do have the constant nausea too which also makes you tired I think. Thank god I didn't get HG - my mam had that on all her pregnancies. Really feel for anyone who has it. Also anyone feel like their bloated belly weighs a tonne? It's the weirdest feeling.
    I've had a few scans already but my next one isn't until 22 weeks. So I think I'll definitely book a private one for 11 / 12 weeks. I figure it's money well spent.

dreamstar wrote: »
    Hey Pudner,
    I feel your pain with the tiredness - finding it SO hard in work. And I do have the constant nausea too which also makes you tired I think. Thank god I didn't get HG - my mam had that on all her pregnancies. Really feel for anyone who has it. Also anyone feel like their bloated belly weighs a tonne? It's the weirdest feeling.
    I've had a few scans already but my next one isn't until 22 weeks. So I think I'll definitely book a private one for 11 / 12 weeks. I figure it's money well spent.

Hey dreamstar, just this morning I'm feeling really bloated and belly heavy!! It's a bit early but I guess second time around its gonna feel different! I really hope I don't show soon although I've a feeling I'll be breaking out the maternity leggings and jeans soon!!!! It's very exciting though! Can't wait to feel some movement too!
    It's definitely money well spent! Just to see that jelly bean jumping around and to see the heart beat!! It's the most surreal thing! Funny story too I burst into tears this morning listening to the news about Hillary Clinton possibly becoming the first female American president!! Like wtf!? It really got to me. 😂

Hey dreamstar, just this morning I'm feeling really bloated and belly heavy!! It's a bit early but I guess second time around its gonna feel different! I really hope I don't show soon although I've a feeling I'll be breaking out the maternity leggings and jeans soon!!!! It's very exciting though! Can't wait to feel some movement too!
    It's definitely money well spent! Just to see that jelly bean jumping around and to see the heart beat!! It's the most surreal thing! Funny story too I burst into tears this morning listening to the news about Hillary Clinton possibly becoming the first female American president!! Like wtf!? It really got to me. 😂

:D:D:D That's funny! I actually haven't gotten that emotional thing yet. And I haven't been that irritable........yet! Think I'm just too tired! :o:o:o

Yeah my tummy is just so bloated! It's obviously all water retention or whatever but it just feels so big and heavy and I'm so paranoid - even though nobody else would notice.

We've decided to tell our families this weekend. I'll only be 9 weeks but I figure if something happened I'd be telling them anyway so we're just going to let them know. I'm so excited to tell them!

I burst into tears this morning reading about the event horses going to Rio. Now that's bad!

fits wrote: »
    I burst into tears this morning reading about the event horses going to Rio. Now that's bad!

Ha ha that's so funny! These hormones are hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Bananas123

Thank God it's not just me!!

I'm a wreck the last few days!! I'm only 7 weeks but really anxious. My other half is away with work at the moment so think that's heightening everything and work is crazy busy. The nausea is constant and finding it so hard not to tell my manager.

Does anyone know when you should have your first appointment. I'm going private in Holles Street and its booked in for the 12 week mark?
    Feels like an age away to know if everything is ok.

Bananas123 wrote: »

Does anyone know when you should have your first appointment. I'm going private in Holles Street and its booked in for the 12 week mark?
    Feels like an age away to know if everything is ok.

I am also in Holles Street but am public. I was brought in early as I have previous medical conditions but I think normally the first appointment is around the 13th week - but I'm not 100% sure.

And private might be different again. If you go private do you attend appointment in the merrion clinic or are you still in the main hospital? Also, did you get to pick your consultant?

I had considered going private because I would be considered high risk but actually they are keeping a close eye on me thank god. I've been in every week since week 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

If it makes you feel any better,i haven't even had the chance to get out of my maternity clothes yet and I reckon I'm showing already :-(

pooch90 wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better,i haven't even had the chance to get out of my maternity clothes yet and I reckon I'm showing already :-(

Really? How early should you show?
    I find I'm so bloated and I really am paranoid about what I wear to work! :D
    I know I'm definitely not showing yet - I'm just bloated. But I feel HUGE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I have the same problem, I just have a proper mini-bump already and look like in my first pregnancy around 18 weeks. A bit overwhelming for me :/ But I'm avoiding maternity clothes tactically telling myself it's waaaaay to early to think of that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Dreamstar, on my fella I only really started showing about 3.5-4 months. But I only had him in January so my body hasn't really gone back to the way it was anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Dreamstar there's no set stage to show at, I didn't have a noticeable bump until 32+ weeks, at 36 weeks (6 days before he was born) I put a pic of me at a wedding on fb and those who we hadn't told I was pregnant didn't cop it at all. Whereas my friend was as big at 12 weeks as I was at the end! Totally depends on your shape, baby's weight/position, genetics etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bananas123

Thanks Dreamstar. Delighted to hear that they are taking good care of you. I've had some scares in the past too and am high risk also so we said we would stretch to private for baby no 1. Hope you are feeling well and enjoying the bank holiday weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xReyx

I don't know about you girls, but my breasts and bra had been killing me last week. I'm just 8 weeks but I found myself in peaches and cream for a fitting. I've gone from a 30E to a 34DD! I now have a bit of cup space to grow into which feels great. Sleeping was another problem, anytime I lie on my right the pull from my beasts was so painful and getting up to go to the toilet, I had to hold on to them! Shop assistant gave me a maternity bra to sleep in, it's like a little crop top but it makes such a difference! I would really recommend them! I know I'll be in again in another few weeks! Hope you girls are all doing well xx

• Advertisement

[quote=xReyxShop assistant gave me a maternity bra to sleep in, it's like a little crop top but it makes such a difference! I would really recommend them! I know I'll be in again in another few weeks! Hope you girls are all doing well xx[/quote]

I'm curious about this. I'm just gone 9 weeks and just in the last few nights my boobs are so sore! Even when I'm out walking they're aching. I've heard the maternity bras are quite expensive. Were they? Although I guess it's worth it.

Advertisement