Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2017 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

xReyx wrote:
    Shop assistant gave me a maternity bra to sleep in, it's like a little crop top but it makes such a difference! I would really recommend them! I know I'll be in again in another few weeks! Hope you girls are all doing well xx

Oh not sure where my last comment disappeared to. This is next on my list to do as just recently mine have become very sore. Especially walking. I've been putting it off because will they not just keep growing for the next few weeks? Are the bras expensive?

Anyone else finding the tiredness / nausea hard? I'm so tired all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xReyx

dreamstar wrote: »
    Oh not sure where my last comment disappeared to. This is next on my list to do as just recently mine have become very sore. Especially walking. I've been putting it off because will they not just keep growing for the next few weeks? Are the bras expensive?

Anyone else finding the tiredness / nausea hard? I'm so tired all the time!

Boards won't let me post the link but the 'Emma-Jane Collection: Nursing Bras - 361 - Elizabeth Maternity/Nursing Bra' is the one that was recommended, it's very soft and just holds everything in place when I'm sleeping. I'll be able to use it for nursing too, so it may be a little investment. It was around €25 i think, but i wanted to be fitted properly as I've always been crap when it comes to figuring out what size i need. I'm sure a good sports bra from Penneys would do the same thing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Good morning ladies...
    How are we all? Just back from a family wedding and I'm exhausted! I drank non alcoholic beer so nobody was in anyway suspicious but I think it's taken lumps out of my already depleted energy levels... I forgot just how tiring pregnancy is!
    Have any of you started a new exercise regime? Or even continuing on an existing one? I'm just wondering how much is OK... at the moment I'm just walking but I wouldn't mind doing some light cycling until the bump allows!

Love2love wrote:
    Have any of you started a new exercise regime? Or even continuing on an existing one? I'm just wondering how much is OK... at the moment I'm just walking but I wouldn't mind doing some light cycling until the bump allows!

I'm the same - just doing a walk every day. I'm sure a little cycle would be fine too though. We're on holidays in a few weeks but I'm planning to start a pregnancy yoga class and aqua aerobics when I get back. Just for a bit of variety.

We told our families last night. Oh my gosh they are all so over the moon. Just can't wait for the 12 week mark to tell everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bananas123

Hi ladies,

Have you heard of yogaglo? Its an online subscription (16 euro/mth I think) and they have loads of prenatal videos so you can do yoga at home. All you need is laptop, wifi and a mat. I find it great when I have low energy to do a 30 min class at home. If you have never done yoga before I would definitely recommend doing a few classes first though to make sure you're comfortable with the different moves.

They have meditations too which have helped me manage the hormones!

Dreamstar that's lovely! We are counting down to the 12 week mark too. Bursting to tell everyone.

• Advertisement

Hi ladies,

Have you heard of yogaglo? Its an online subscription (16 euro/mth I think) and they have loads of prenatal videos so you can do yoga at home. All you need is laptop, wifi and a mat. I find it great when I have low energy to do a 30 min class at home. If you have never done yoga before I would definitely recommend doing a few classes first though to make sure you're comfortable with the different moves.

They have meditations too which have helped me manage the hormones! I've been finding the nausea really tough the last few days. Craving all sorts of awful food and coke which I never drink.

Dreamstar that's lovely! We are counting down to the 12 week mark too. Bursting to tell everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xReyx

How is everyone today? My symptoms were reducing the past few days, but today all food smells are making me gag! Went to the doctor yesterday for the first time and I have an early scan booked on Monday, I should be 9 weeks then. Nervous now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

My symptoms had reduced too but they're back with a bang since Monday, feeling a bit sorry for myself to be honest! I'm exhausted, my boobs are killing me, I keep getting breathless when I walk and since yesterday nausea kicked in big time!
    I really just want to be at home on the couch but instead I have to be in work and pretending like I'm my usual normal self which I think is taking a lot out of me anyway, I feel like I'm putting on some sort of show. Sorry for the moan!

How exciting for you though Rey, only 5 days and you'll get to see your beautiful little baby :)

Very exciting to have the early scan xrayx!

I'm finding the nausea really bad the last two days. It's so hard to be feeling so crap in work but pretend you're fine. And the tiredness is tough too. But that seems to be easing slightly.

I had another check up in the hospital today. They did a quick scan. Am 9 + 4 and all looks fine. I don't need to go back now for 8 weeks. So think I'll book a private scan for around the 12 weeks just for peace of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Putting on the act is exhausting in itself! I remember the boob agony last year,basically slept in soft sports bras for the duration of the pregnancy. Haven't gotten any this time but putting that down to the fact I'm breastfeeding little man. I'm so worried my milk is going to stop :( I'm back to work in about 4 weeks and am looking forward to our boobie cuddles when I come home.
    Got an appointment for 12 week scan on Thursday 25th,think I start back to work the following Monday. Am dreading the parent gossip at the gates already. Gonna try and pass off the bump as baby weight 😂😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

May I ask what did or do you pay for the private scans? Because when I got pregnant here nobody ever mentioned to me that there was something like a private scan. (I had my first pregnancy in Austria and you get an routine scan every 4 weeks and every week in your late pregnancy). I'm exactly 9 weeks today according to my last period and I have my booking appointment in three weeks anyway so I don't know if it would pay off to do an earlier scan really. But I still have no ease of mind in the regard of how many jellybeans are in there, on the other hand the symptoms are so strong that I know everything is alright :D

Even though I'm on Cariban, they'll run out in a few days and I'm a little bit scared that I'm going to spend my days on the toilet again.
    Other than that I sleep a lot better for a few nights now, my boobs got MASSIVE (like seriously where are they planning to go) and my bump pulls a lot. I'm just hoping this horrible permanent sickness will be over soon, I look like a train wreck. Just spending my life on Standby mode: Sleep, trying to eat, doing the minimum.

Hey Lirw,
    I got a scan done and paid 95. I was just nervous as I'd miscarried on my last pregnancy so just wanted the peace of mind. Having another done at 12 weeks also.

Hope you start to feel better soon. Xxx

xReyx wrote:
    How is everyone today? My symptoms were reducing the past few days, but today all food smells are making me gag! Went to the doctor yesterday for the first time and I have an early scan booked on Monday, I should be 9 weeks then. Nervous now!

Hey xReyx
    How did you get on today?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

Hi girls, delighted to be on this forum. Have bad acne on my jawline at the mo....it's driving me crazy. They are little spots that refuse to be squeezed! Have to admit I feel 'OK'. Tired in the evenings but who isn't tired?? Feels like a lifetime til 12 weeks...only 7 now 😞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

11 weeks today! Finally feel like the end of the first trimester is in sight! We have our booking app & scan next wed! Can't wait to see our little baba & also to be able to tell everyone!

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

That's great Cheerlouth :) Delighted for you, to be so near that milestone of 12 weeks must be fantastic!

Good luck with your booking app & scan, so exciting to get to see baby :D

I feel like I'm miles behind everyone else as I'm only 7 weeks so I've still a while to go until we can tell people but really looking forward to it :)

Great milestone CheerLouth! Abrean, I'm only 8 weeks so have a bit to go too! Getting an early scan on Thursday and can't wait. Feel like I've been hit by a bus this morning!

Aw CheerLouth that's great!
    I'm just a bit behind - 11 weeks on Saturday. I also have my next scan next Wednesday. By then we should be able to actually make out what they are showing us! I think I'm starting to feel a little better the last few days. Have been trying not to nap as much - I actually think that was making me more groggy.
    But I can't wait to tell everyone too. We've already told our immediate family but can't wait for it all to be out!

Thanks everyone! My official date is Feb 28th but I fully expect a March baba :)

How nice, Dreamstar, that your family know! I nearly let it out about ten million times but have managed to reign myself back in! Plus there have been a few announcements at work as well.

I'm still tired. I thought I'd had a breakthrough last week but I'm back to wrecked this week & have a headache this two days. But sure if that's all that's wrong with me, I'm laughing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Hi, am cautiously joining! Expecting (if all goes well) a mid March baby. Will be 8w on sat and have finally made a gp appt.

Am in my 40s and have 2mc in last 2y so very anxious. Anyone getting panorama or harmony done? Am thinking of going with the rsci as it includes a dating scan which would help calm me down.

At the moment, am finding it hard to believe it's real.

Glad to see so many others doing well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Jellybeanmom

Hi, due the end of March ( had an early scan last week - suspected ectopic - but all ok TG - was told am measuring a little small, may be due in April) This is baby number 2 - having constant all day nausea - never had it on my first! any tips?? Eating eases it but im already packing on the pounds & its a little early for that! Hope you are all feeling well xxx

This is baby number 2 - having constant all day nausea - never had it on my first! any tips?? Eating eases it but im already packing on the pounds & its a little early for that! Hope you are all feeling well xxx

Congratulations elle & Jellybeanmom!

I was the same - felt the nausea constantly except when I was eating. You'll be sick of hearing it but eating a few small meals a day does help. I also found really cold ice water helped me. Or else some fresh air.
    Hope it eases for you soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jellybeanmom

Thanks so much Dreamstar!

Yes to the water, I have been trying to have that too! On my last pregnancy it was all about the sparkling water, but this time round glasses & glasses of ice cold with a little tip of blackcurrant! Thanks again for the reply & the congrats! Im hoping this nausea passes at the 12 week mark & not the horror stories I'm reading of some people having it til week 30!!!!

Ah fingers crossed. I'm in my 11th week and it is definitely easing. Just the odd moment that passes.
    I'm sure you'll be the same. The tiredness seems to be easing slightly also - thank god!
    Trying to still get out and get some walks done but at the end of a working day that's tough! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sunshine35

Hi Ladies, is there room for one more?? Baby due 19th of March all going well. I have a four year old already, so far this pregnancy Is completely different. Have been so sick this time round and absolutely shattered. Have my first hospital appointment and scan in 3 weeks and am counting the minutes- symptoms are so strong I have a feeling it could be twins🙀

Congratulations Sunshine! Oh wow, twins would be so exciting! :D Although right now, I have moments of wondering if we are crazy for having a second one with only a two year gap! Usually happens when No. 1 is having a tantrum, then she does something wonderful & I'm think "let's have all the babies" lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Congratulations Sunshine! Oh wow, twins would be so exciting! :D Although right now, I have moments of wondering if we are crazy for having a second one with only a two year gap! Usually happens when No. 1 is having a tantrum, then she does something wonderful & I'm think "let's have all the babies" lol.

If it makes you feel better,ill have a 13 month gap (sob)

Hello to all the new faces here :)

I'm starting week 11 now, it's my third day off Cariban now and what can I say? I wish I'd have a years supply for it. It's so frustrating, the nausea is completely ruling my day. Even though it got slightly better than it was before I got it, my sickness pattern changed. I get sick til noon and again at 11pm and I usually spend some time of my evening in the toilet *hooray*. I also had some sadness appearing out of nowhere today, but I guess this is the common pregnancy sadness, unreasonable crying without a proper reason and so :D
    But seriously, I'd just love to hit a point where I can start enjoying the pregnancy. If I'm still so done and sick after the weekend I have no choice but going back to the hospital getting another prescription. I guess I was very well off in my first pregnancy with just having a bit morning sickness and nothing else. I never thought it could rule your life like that.
    However, 12 days until the booking apt and I'm going to see this hellspawn (please don't be two :D ) for the first time, I'm so excited!

Aw LirW,
    That does sound AWFUL! And why couldn't you stay on the medication? Can your gp not prescribe it for you?
    I really hope you start to feel better soon. No wonder you're feeling down - that must have you exhausted.

• Advertisement

dreamstar wrote: »
    Aw LirW,
    That does sound AWFUL! And why couldn't you stay on the medication? Can your gp not prescribe it for you?
    I really hope you start to feel better soon. No wonder you're feeling down - that must have you exhausted.

My GP said in case of HG the Rotunda is my point of contact. And the weekend ahead, I'm not keen on spending almost the whole day in the ER waiting room to get a prescription. But I'll see how it goes over the weekend, if it's still pretty bad I'm going in on monday.
    My mornings are better since I'm doing the big stomach emptying during the night now. But all in all it seems like slowly (haha) easing off. It better will :rolleyes:

Advertisement