Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2017 Babies club

1313233343537»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Chases I'd go with your gut feeling. Maybe even trying spoon and self feeding. We're still spoon feeding here mainly but will give him something after to feed himself. Banana , raisins, waffles. Anything.
    He's been walking a good while now and the climbing has started now. You have to watch him constantly. Which will be hard coz no.2 will be arriving any day now. My due date was today so bit on edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

dreamstar, how has your pregnancy been? Is it a surprise like the first time? I wish you all the best for the birth!

Aw thanks so much. Pregnancy has been fine thankfully. Definitely a lot harder with a 1 year old to run after and the heat is killing me but nearly there now. My first arrived a week early so I'm in unknown territory now as there's not a sign of anything happening yet. But yeah another surprise. Hopefully we won't be waiting too long.
    Hope everyone is keeping well and the little ones aren't causing too much trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭chases0102

Sounds like you're on top of it dreamstar - can't be easy running around after a 15 month old and expecting number 2!!!!

Hope it all goes well the next while, thanks for the advice. One thing I'm slowly learning is that all babies develop differently....which makes total sense as we are all different!

Yes exactly. You can't compare any children and I really believe there is no normal when it comes to development. I always say go with your gut.
    And good luck with your move. I imagine that's stressful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

chases0102 wrote: »
    MY little fella's appetite is causing me to slightly worry (even though I know it's probably an over reaction)

He is quite light, with tiny hips (he's been on No. 4 nappies forever!) and just lacks bulk - he's not very steady on his feet at all so has no interest in walking - and that was all fine until we have started trying to get him to feed himself, instead of us spooning him.

As a result, he is eating very little of his breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Should we go back to spooning him? Or should we stick it out, in the hope that he'll eventually get that he needs to feed himself!!

With his build I hope we are not doing the wrong thing!

We are doing a mix of spoon feeding and self feeding - I give him a spoon & I have a spoon and he does one mouthful and I do the next. Otherwise, it would be all over the kitchen & him & he'd get very little in. We give him finger foods that he mostly manages himself!

My fella is still in size 4 nappies too. He's a troublemaker :D He is a cheeky monkey - loves climbing & making noise! He waits until his sister has set up a game and then launches into the middle of it and wrecks the place! He robs part of it then and runs off and is delighted if you chase after him - he thinks it's a great game.

His speech is coming on - still has only a few well defined words but we are starting to understand more of it. He said "night night mam" the other night :D

Advertisement