Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2017 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Hey ladies, hope you're all ok. I just remembered that I was meant to get a rubella jab after wee man was born in January as I showed as having low immunity to it (even though I got levels checked before I got pregnant last time and I was ok). I didn't get around to it and now pregnant again. Fretting a wee bit as I'm a teacher and would be fairly exposed to all these nasties when I go back to work in September. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

pooch90 wrote:
    Hey ladies, hope you're all ok. I just remembered that I was meant to get a rubella jab after wee man was born in January as I showed as having low immunity to it (even though I got levels checked before I got pregnant last time and I was ok). I didn't get around to it and now pregnant again. Fretting a wee bit as I'm a teacher and would be fairly exposed to all these nasties when I go back to work in September.

I wouldn't worry too much pooch. Just check with your gp / hospital next time you're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

No nausea here at all! Just a permanently stuffy nose! Have you all booked into hospitals now? Must do the Coombe form during the week. This is no3 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Haven't had a great weekend unfortunately. I've had a lot of very painful abdominal cramps which are freaking me out a lot. Am in two minds about going to work tomorrow. Wednesday can't come quick enough for the hospital appointment.

CheerLouth wrote:
    Haven't had a great weekend unfortunately. I've had a lot of very painful abdominal cramps which are freaking me out a lot. Am in two minds about going to work tomorrow. Wednesday can't come quick enough for the hospital appointment.

Oh no cheerlouth - I know how scary that is! If it gets worse you should just go to the emergency department - they'll scan you there. I did have bad cramping a few weeks ago but was told it can be normal. Have you any spotting or bleeding?

• Advertisement

dreamstar wrote: »
    Oh no cheerlouth - I know how scary that is! If it gets worse you should just go to the emergency department - they'll scan you there. I did have bad cramping a few weeks ago but was told it can be normal. Have you any spotting or bleeding?

No, nothing like that. Just the cramps. Think they are more digestive system related. I have some problems in that area. Seem to be ok today. Fingers crossed.

CheerLouth wrote: »
    No, nothing like that. Just the cramps. Think they are more digestive system related. I have some problems in that area. Seem to be ok today. Fingers crossed.

Oh that's good. I know it's scary but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.
    Did you go in to work? Just take it easy and try get plenty of rest before Wednesday. Spoil yourself! :D
    Oh and drink plenty of water. I swear it helps everything.

Thanks Dreamstar! Yes, went to work. Am absolutely boiling in the office, but no cramps so all good. On a count down to Wed. Am lashing the water into me. Always do as am migraine prone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Hi ladies,

I hope we are all doing well. I'm in my 9th week and dying for the nausea to pass. I haven't been sick just constantly feeling sick... I kinda wish I would get sick so that I may feel some relief!
    I was at my GP this morning to get the ball rolling. I have booked in to Holles St online but haven't received my appointment yet! Anyhow, I have a grade 2 slippage in my back that's acting up as well as the beginning of SPD so I wanted to speed up the process in order to get physio started as soon as... it's not painful yet bit it will become as the belly grows. He checked my blood pressure and it was high so just need to keep an eye on it as well as sugar in my urine. Oh the joys! I asked if I could continue with Slimming World and he said it was OK as long as I wasn't cutting out any food groups and monitoring my sugar / fat intake but did say that it's not the right time to be thinking about losing weight. But I'm already overweight and just eating healthy foods will only be good for me and my baby!

Love2love wrote: »
    I asked if I could continue with Slimming World and he said it was OK as long as I wasn't cutting out any food groups and monitoring my sugar / fat intake but did say that it's not the right time to be thinking about losing weight. But I'm already overweight and just eating healthy foods will only be good for me and my baby!

I'm also doing SW. I rang my doc last week & think she must have been having a bad day cos she told me that she didn't agree with Slimming World because "it's too much calorie counting, weight watchers is much better & give you a booklet on pregnancy". I think she must have gotten confused because I don't think that WW allow pregnant members at all & it's totally based on calorie counting (hello, propoints). And also the practice nurse is in my SW group. I'm going to ask at the hospital on Wednesday. I just want to keep my head in the zone & stay as healthy as possible. I feel some bad habits creeping back in.

• Advertisement

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I'm also doing SW. I rang my doc last week & think she must have been having a bad day cos she told me that she didn't agree with Slimming World because "it's too much calorie counting, weight watchers is much better & give you a booklet on pregnancy". I think she must have gotten confused because I don't think that WW allow pregnant members at all & it's totally based on calorie counting (hello, propoints). And also the practice nurse is in my SW group. I'm going to ask at the hospital on Wednesday. I just want to keep my head in the zone & stay as healthy as possible. I feel some bad habits creeping back in.

This is me... I've been eating OK but not having a lot of fresh fruit or vegetables which I normally would on Slimming world. Slimming world have a whole plan to follow and monitor your weight so that you don't lose too much. In fact, I heard that if you lose more than 4 pounds you need a letter from the hospital in order to continue. That's hearsay though. I will know more when I go back to class on Thursday. Considering the basis of slimming world is counting calories only on food considered bad across the board and eating 1/3 vegetables / fruit at each meal, it's more common sense than a diet!

Hi Girls, How are we?

I finally think my nausea is starting to subside! Yay! In fact none since Monday.
    I am having some cravings though. Water & tomatoes with salt! (I must be dehydrated!) and I keep dreaming about a Zaytoon Chicken Shish Kebab with lots of salad!

Have you started to tell people? I have told my 2 best friends and my 9 year old son who is super excited and very over protective of me right now. It's very cute! Everytime I try speak to my mam, she is with somebody or some crisis has happened etc! But I get the feeling she already knows.... I suppose she'll find out sooner or later.

Love2love wrote: »
    Hi Girls, How are we?

I finally think my nausea is starting to subside! Yay! In fact none since Monday.
    I am having some cravings though. Water & tomatoes with salt! (I must be dehydrated!) and I keep dreaming about a Zaytoon Chicken Shish Kebab with lots of salad!

Have you started to tell people? I have told my 2 best friends and my 9 year old son who is super excited and very over protective of me right now. It's very cute! Everytime I try speak to my mam, she is with somebody or some crisis has happened etc! But I get the feeling she already knows.... I suppose she'll find out sooner or later.

That's great your nausea is going. I had a few days where it seemed to be gone but I'm still getting it every so often. And I'm still very tired.

We have told our parents and siblings already. Which has been great - sometimes just venting about how tired you are makes it feel better. We have our 12 week scan later today! :D:D So all going well we'll tell everyone after that. I'm not actually 12 weeks until Saturday but what's a few days!
    Just can't wait to have it done - although I still get nervous every time!

Cheerlouth I know you had your appointment today - hope all goes well!
    XxX

Good luck girls with your appointments today!

Best of luck with scans girls. Have mine next Thursday, can't wait to get it done for peace of mind more than anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

Good luck with the scans today girls!

pooch90 I have my scan next Thursday too, like yourself I can't wait to get it done just so I can see everything's ok and relax a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sunshine35

Best of luck with the appointments today ladies!
    We went for an early scan as I was too impatient to wait until sept for 12 week one. Baby is perfect- good strong heartbeat and just the one! But I also have a large ovarian cyst :( went to gp today so she's sending all the info to consultant. She said it shouldn't cause any problems for baby but I'll prob need more regular scan to monitor the cyst and see if intervention is needed. ( hopefully it's not)

Just had my scan! Oh my god AMAZING! Wriggling around and touching its face and stretching. What a feeling. All is perfect!

Sunshine don't worry a bit. I have a history of cysts and had a 5cm cyst on this pregnancy - it has disappeared already. Actually it'll mean you get extra scans which is a plus!

That's great dream star- sounds like you're on cloud nine after your scan. It's amazing being able to see your little one wriggling around in there, on my other pregnancy the twenty week scan blew me away- it was incredible!
    Thanks for the reassurance about the cyst, hope mine disappears just as quick..

• Advertisement

Oh girls, Sunshine is right-if you thought the 12 week one melted your heart, just wait til 20 weeks, it's amazing.

Our appointment went really well yesterday :) Although, as expected, it was very long even tho the clinic was not overly busy! Three hours in total! We had our scan :) It was not very clear as apparently my uterus has moved position since my last baby & is now retroverted but the midwife said that it has no impact on the pregnancy, just makes scanning a bit more difficult & it will rectify as the pregnancy moves on. So we saw our little baba who was wriggling around all over the place. Heartbeat was really strong too. So very happy here. Have also been accepted into the MLU which I'm delighted about.

So we told our families last night & everyone is delighted for us. Bit shocked as we had literally not told anyone, but delighted for us :):):)

Hope everyone else's appointments and scans go well too :)

Great news CheerLouth! Delighted for you both!

Hi girls... great news for the scans. Can't wait for my booking appointment. Still haven't gotten a date yet! I'm 9 weeks now. I thought I would at least have received a letter with a date / time even if it's not for a couple of months! I applied online to Holles St about 5 weeks ago. Anyone else still waiting??

I was at my doctor on Monday and because of high blood pressure and sugar in my urine, he sent off a referral but still nothing. I'm getting anxious now!

I told my mother last night and she laughed and said that she already knew. Mothers eh?

Hi Love2love,
    I'm not sure exactly how it works but I think they just send your appointment out for around the 12 weeks. You might find they'll even call you with an appointment the following week. I don't think you get much notice.
    How did your doctor send the referral? My doctor sent them a fax and they rang me a few days later with an appointment for the following week.
    So I wouldn't worry. What I've found with Holles St is that their system seems a bit unorganised and manic but actually there is a system there that works.

How's everyone feeling??? I'm 12 weeks on Saturday! Can't believe it! But still finding the nausea and tiredness quite bad. :(

dreamstar wrote: »
    Hi Love2love,
    I'm not sure exactly how it works but I think they just send your appointment out for around the 12 weeks. You might find they'll even call you with an appointment the following week. I don't think you get much notice.
    How did your doctor send the referral? My doctor sent them a fax and they rang me a few days later with an appointment for the following week.
    So I wouldn't worry. What I've found with Holles St is that their system seems a bit unorganised and manic but actually there is a system there that works.

How's everyone feeling??? I'm 12 weeks on Saturday! Can't believe it! But still finding the nausea and tiredness quite bad. :(

Thanks Dreamstar,

Yeah I think I may be over reacting... on my last pregnancy, I got my appointment for 14 weeks but I received it within a couple of days of registering. I think I'm just anxious because of the blood pressure etc. I had zero complications last time.. well apart from SPD. He faxed it in on Monday. I'm sure I'll hear next week!

Oh you poor pet but hopefully the nausea and tiredness will start to subside now your leaving the first trimester!

Let us know when you hear! I'm sure it will be soon.

Ah I'm sure the nausea will go away soon - and it's not that bad - it's just because it's constantly there it's starting to bother me. :)
    But it's all a good sign - or so they say!

Cheerlouth- delighted your appointment went well!

Love2love- if you are worried or anxious about appointment I'd give them a ring. I registered online with holles st aswell for the semi private clinic, I am already a private patient of one of the gynaecologists there so I rang them to ask to attend his clinic and they were able to give me my booking appointment date and my first appointment with consultant.
    The referral letter for my consultant about the cyst ended up being sent to the wrong hospital- had a phone call from a very confused admin person from the Coombe today..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all hope youre all feeling ok and growing well 😀 Im due #4 march 16th and id love to know if anyone is going to galway. If so, have you had your first scan yet. I should know more than i do but im literally blinded by nausea and its been 8 years since my last. Thanks in advance and sorry for jumping in on ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Waggamamma

Hello.
    Im due number 4 on 16th march and eager for my scan as ive been sooo nauseated, i need something to cheer me up. So its been 8 years since my last and ive forgotten the time frames of appointments. Im booked for galway and just wondering when you get your first scan? Can anyone advise please. Im currently 10+3 but have had very irregular cycles.
    Good luck to everyone battling ms and congratulations on your pregnancies 😊

Advertisement