Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2017 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Hi Waggamamma,

I wouldn't know about wait times in Galway. Maybe call them and see?? I'm almost 10 weeks now and I am still waiting for my appointment but that Holles St which I think would be one of the busiest.

I have started to tell people the news, well I've told my mam and she confirmed with everyone what the already guessed! Thing is, I feel very weird and cringy talking about it. I don't know why. I don't mind people knowing but I don't want to have conversations about my pregnancy with them. I just don't get why I feel like this. I don't know if it's just that I don't like the attention or that I don't like to discuss such personal information. I've already been asked twice "How long was I trying?!

Anyone else feel this way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Love2love wrote: »
    Anyone else feel this way?

Me!

I don't mind talking about it with my immediate family but I object to people who think it is ok to ask intimate questions about your family planning! On my last baby, some lad at work, who was only in the place a wet week, asking me "was it planned" :mad::eek: I politely told him it was none of his business & that my own mother wouldn't ask me that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

Hi ladies, great news about all the scans. Was going to book an early pregnancy scan for this weekend when my hospital appointment came through for next week. I can't wait. I'll be 12 weeks. The doc tried to hear a heartbeat with a Doppler last week but no joy. I'm not too worried as I have a lot of symptoms. I'm off all my favourite foods and cannot stand coffee which is very strange for me. Also feeling little bubble sensations when I'm lying down. Would it be too early at 11 weeks to feel baby already?
    I'm still floored with tiredness but with my 1 year old waking at 5am these days it's no surprise!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Love2love I never liked talking about it and very rarely did outside of close friends and family. I didn't like talking about it because I'm private, had a degree of denial and didn't want to get overly excited (just anxious about things going wrong), and I HATED being touched and talked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Waggamamma

Thanks love2love.

I know what you mean. I don't think we need to go back to the dark ages where pregnancy was shrouded in secrecy but its still a very personal condition. Im not prudish by any means but even after delivery with my other 3, i had questions about breastfeeding and stitches etc. In fact a visitor to my home burst in and rubbed my babys cheek while she was breastfeeding!! I like my personal space i guess because this made me feel unsettled.
    We have not told anyone yet and its probably because the touching and questioning will begin and ive just no interest in being that open with people.
    So you're not on your own!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 mountglib

Hi all, this is my first pregnancy (currently 8 weeks) and just found out last week I'm having twins! I haven't had my booking appointment yet, so going off my own calculations, I'm technically due in early April, but have heard that twins are usually delivered a few weeks early, which puts me in March. Looking forward to all the updates and tidbits of info/advice! At the moment, just trying to calm down about risk of miscarriage and trying to enjoy it (better said than done at this point!) Congrats to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Waggamamma

Congrats mountglib. How very exciting for you. Im still in love with the idea of twins but yet to be blessed with a double.
    Good luck with it all, looking forward to following your posts/journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

Congrats mountglib! Im expecting twins also (am 21 weeks). Did you get as much of a shock as I did?/?

Thanks Waggamamma and Fits! Fits - omg, I got an early scan at 7 weeks cos my GP thought it might be ectopic so when the ultrasound pic popped up and the doctor asked me if I was seeing what he was seeing I nearly fell out of the bed! Going from fear of an ectopic to finding out there's two little beans in there was a bit overwhelming but then I couldn't stop laughing and barely got a picture out of it haha.
    Now I'm just bareknuckling it until the booking appointment in the Rotunda, freaking out at every little thing, but still, pretty excited. : )

mountglib wrote: »
    Fits - omg, I got an early scan at 7 weeks cos my GP thought it might be ectopic so when the ultrasound pic popped up and the doctor asked me if I was seeing what he was seeing I nearly fell out of the bed! Going from fear of an ectopic to finding out there's two little beans in there was a bit overwhelming but then I couldn't stop laughing and barely got a picture out of it haha.
    Now I'm just bareknuckling it until the booking appointment in the Rotunda, freaking out at every little thing, but still, pretty excited. : )

Yeah I completely freaked out as well. wondered how on earth we would cope. They missed the two sacs at first scan and all so i found out at 8 weeks. (I got weekly scans)

Good luck over next few weeks. Yeah its a long wait until the 12 week milestone.

• Advertisement

Thanks Fits! Keeping fingers crossed all goes well for all of us. : )

Oh twins! I would love twins! I have twin brothers and its just so lovely! They never argue and are best friends. My mam said that they were less trouble than any of her others because they took care of each other.

I finally got my booking appointment! Woohoo! It's on the 5th September which would put me at 11.5 weeks. I'm so excited!

Ah great, Love2love! You won't find that coming now! Which hospital is that with? Any other OLOL ladies here?

Love2love - I've heard that happens with twins and hope that will happen with mine! That's great about the booking appointment - just got mine as well - will be 13 weeks by then, can't get here quick enough.

Good morning ladies! How is everyone?

Week 10 ! Woo-hoo! Quarter of the way!

When is everyone planning to break the news to work? I'm dreading it! I just feel like I'm letting them down. Utterly stupid of course! I'm going to wait until 12 weeks and then when they know I can finally stop hiding my bump and tell everyone else.

When is everyone planning to break the news to work? I'm dreading it! I just feel like I'm letting them down. Utterly stupid of course! I'm going to wait until 12 weeks and then when they know I can finally stop hiding my bump and tell everyone else.

Woot, 1/4 of the way!

I know what you mean re work. I'm not planning on telling my boss for another few weeks as he is out of the office currently. I'll be 15 weeks by the time he comes back. Don't feel that you are letting work down - I felt like that on my first baby. I was obsessed with not taking excessive time off for appointments etc because I felt that they'd think "oh she can't do the job now she is pregnant". I'd make sure to arrange appointments for 3pm on a Friday so I was only taking an hour off whereas other women were taking the entire day off for their apps! In the end, it didn't actually matter - they actually didn't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Have our scan later today :)
    I think I'm going to have to tell the boss next week. I'm only going back after maternity leave from DS on Monday!! I'm showing already so no real point hiding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

I'm having a scan later too pooch90 :) Can't wait to see baby!

My boss is going to be away for most of September so I won't be telling him until the end of next month, I'll be about 15 weeks I think. I'd actually probably leave it longer if I could because I'm dreading telling them but the Courts are back in October and I just won't have time to tell then and he won't have time to listen so best to just get it done I suppose.

Congrats love2love on being a quarter of the way there! I've just entered 9 weeks and am telling myself it's a quarter of the way since twin pregnancies usually only go until about 36 weeks (though that might just be wishful thinking).
    I'm going to tell my work after my next scan - I've caved in and booked a private scan for next Tuesday cos I just can't wait another 4 weeks til my booking appointment.
    I've also been worried about disappointing my work, but a good friend reminded me that workplaces should be setup to accommodate what is a very common life event - the obligation is on them to make it work, not the other way around! Remembering this has helped me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jellybeanmom

So glad to hear all you lovely ladies are doing so well!!

My nausea has passed, too have my cravings for crappy food! Thank God!

Had a scan today, my dates had me at 9 w 1d, measured exactly 9 on the scan. Baby is 2 cm! Due March 30th.

Have my booking app on September 21st....feel I'm wishing the year away!

Can't wait till its all out in the open and Don't have to hide my already showing bump!

• Advertisement

Scan went well, just the one little squiggler in there. My dates were right, even though I guessed! I'm 12w3days today.

Great news girls! Scans are so reassuring! It's like I'm not actually convinced I'm pregnant until I can see it on the screen!
    I've a feeling I might not be as far along as my LMP indicates but just be a couple of days so I'm still in March. My belly is definitely visably expanding and I'm sure a couple of people have noticed but I may be just being paranoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jellybeanmom

Great news girls! Scans are so reassuring! It's like I'm not actually convinced I'm pregnant until I can see it on the screen!
    I've a feeling I might not be as far along as my LMP indicates but just be a couple of days so I'm still in March. My belly is definitely visably expanding and I'm sure a couple of people have noticed but I may be just being paranoid!

Love2love, the changed my dates by one day yesterday, still March.

I am definitely showing already and a little paranoid in work, quite a long walk to the toilet (and I'm making that trip quite frequently) and I'm sure people have been talking about me, or like yourself maybe I'm just paranoid!

Had to also buy some soft bras for bedtime! I didn't have to do anything like this on my first pregnancy until much later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Wow are all you guys showing already? I'm 13 weeks and still no really visible bump. Tummy totally flat in morning but by evening bit more rounded. I'm still feeling the nausea a bit. Was really hoping that would be gone by now. :-(

I didnt really start showing until around week 14. think it varies for people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I thought I was showing from like 7 weeks, but that was just me hyper-analysing my tummy, plus a bit of pregnancy bloat!

People started noticing I was pregnant from about 16 weeks. I'm now 19weeks and my belly has changed so much in the last couple of weeks. Now it is super obvious.

Yeah 5 weeks ago I was wearing a pair of normal trousers. Not a hope they would go near me now. But Im particularly massive. Up 20 pounds already, and its all belly and boobs.

I think I'm only showing because my body hasn't recovered from the last pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

fits wrote:
    Yeah 5 weeks ago I was wearing a pair of normal trousers. Not a hope they would go near me now. But Im particularly massive. Up 20 pounds already, and its all belly and boobs.

How far along are you fits? I can't wait to have a proper bump. I've only put on 2 pounds so far. Been kinda worried - I'm eating all the time. Although I'm sure I'll start putting it on quicker from now on. I'm just over analysing everything I think.

• Advertisement

I lost 4 pounds in the first trimester but gained it back with the other 20. I'm 22 weeks now and the gain is on track for twins. Very heavy and unwieldy already! I was very slow this week.

Advertisement