Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2017 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

fits wrote:
    I lost 4 pounds in the first trimester but gained it back with the other 20. I'm 22 weeks now and the gain is on track for twins. Very heavy and unwieldy already! I was very slow this week.

Wow 22 weeks! Oh the excitement! I can't wait for it all!
    Hope you're feeling well! Xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I think you show earlier on second and third pregnancies as the uterus doesn't exactly go back to its original size... or it could be just be paranoia and I'm no where near the size I think I am. I've definitely had to put some clothes to the back of the wardrobe though... they are too tight on my belly that they actually hurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mountglib

Jellybeanmom - I think we may be the exact same dates - today I am 9 weeks 4 days and also have my booking appointment Sept 21st - crazy! Love2love - know what you mean re: not believing this is happening til you see it on the screen. This is partly why I've booked a private scan for Tuesday, just to remind myself this is actually real (and to calm my nerves about one twin being smaller than the other...)

Curious - has anyone negotiated their maternity benefit with their employer? I haven't spoken to my boss yet but am fairly sure I'll only be entitled to social welfare maternity benefit, not the private work one. I figure I may as well ask and see if they'd be willing to negotiate - but wondering if anyone has had this conversation with their boss?

Goys I need some advice. Think I'm starting to get a cold. It's not so bad - nose is blocked and sore throat. What can I do? I'm going away Sunday so want rid of it before then. I've been drinking the hot water, honey and lemon which helps a bit. Tried gargling salt water but I just can't do it. Can you have the likes of strepsils when pregnant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

dreamstar wrote: »
    Goys I need some advice. Think I'm starting to get a cold. It's not so bad - nose is blocked and sore throat. What can I do? I'm going away Sunday so want rid of it before then. I've been drinking the hot water, honey and lemon which helps a bit. Tried gargling salt water but I just can't do it. Can you have the likes of strepsils when pregnant?

No, I don't think you can, Dreamstar :( Ask your chemist to be sure but I remember on my last pregnancy getting a cold & the pharmacist refused to give me anything.

CheerLouth wrote: »
    No, I don't think you can, Dreamstar :( Ask your chemist to be sure but I remember on my last pregnancy getting a cold & the pharmacist refused to give me anything.

Yeah I figured that would be the case. I'll just keep going with the honey and lemon. Although I guess if I just get some normal hard sweets that would help my throat a little too. I'll be like an ole' granny with my sucky sweets. :D:D
    I'll check with the chemist later anyway.
    Thanks a mill!

You could try Fishermans friend maybe? I don't think they have any meds in them. Take a day off if you can and rest up.

I have a dodgy chest, I dread getting a cold while pregnant, it will definitely lead to a chest infection & two weeks of feeling horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Steam!

Hello ladies,

How are we today?

I had a dream last night that I was much further along in the pregnancy (7 months) and I woke up dissappointed to be only 10w4d :D:D God, I'm already wishing my life away!!

I think I just need it out in the open so I can actually enjoy it. Hiding a bump under hideous clothing and making excuses for the 5th bathroom break have me exhausted!! I'm signing a new contract in work next week so I want to make sure everything is done and dusted before I tell people. (Not that they would have a problem with it - I just want to protect myself just in case!) Then I can stop blaming my back on why I don't want to help carry the stationery order up the stairs! All those heavy boxes of paper nearly killed me when I tried to push them across the floor with my foot. I've an SPD pain since!

• Advertisement

I think I've turned the corner in the tiredness battle :D Came home from work last night & had the energy to clean the kitchen and the bathrooms. :D Fingers crossed energy levels are on the way back up!

Good morning everyone. Had a private scan there on Tuesday - everything fine, both twins healthy. Only negative was I got my dates wrong - thought I was 9+6 on Tues, turns out I was 8+3 (not hugely surprising cos my cycle's a bit longer than 28 days). Still though, was a bit deflated cos I thought I would be 10 weeks this week and that much closer to the 12 week milestone...

Also thought getting a positive scan would reassure my constant worries about mc, at least until my booking appt in a few weeks, but now I'm obsessed with the possibility of a missed mc when I get my next scan!

Anyhow. Hope everyone's having a good week and not stressing out as much as I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

I was awfully stressd out at start as well mountglib, before I knew there were two, but then I realised that if something bad is going to happen, well it will happen anyway, and worrying about it beforehand wont make it any better. And then they found another embryo, and I had a whole new set of things to worry about lol!

You're so right fits - and in my good moments I try to think of this. Just need to be more focused on this! Also totally get what you mean about the whole new set of things to worry about with twins (part of why I booked the private scan was because I was convinced vanishing twin syndrome had happened!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

morning ladies im going to join in! Im due my second on March 13th! Had my booking appt in holles street on Mon and all looks good thank god!! My first little girl is two and a half and started Montessori this week! The years fly by!! Ive had a tough time with sickness this pregnancy, worse then my last and still hanging around!! Im hoping it doesnt linger on too long had it till week 16 on my first!!

Hello ladies 😊
    It's very quiet around here lately, I hope all is well with you guys.
    I had my booking scan today and all is perfect! Measuring a day or two ahead but it's no harm for me to keep the original date in mind so that I don't get too anxious in the last few days!
    Again I hope everyone is fine and enjoying going into their second trimester where we become somewhat normal for a while at least

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Waggamamma

Hi love2love.
    That is great news. Im still waiting on an appointment for hospital (12 + 4). Would love to have a peep an see how things are going. Have been incredibly stressed the last week and under some pressure in the coming weeks due to family circumstances. Googled some stress relieving ideas last night when i couldnt sleep and tried the singing/humming suggestion and it worked!! For anyone feeling out of sorts 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jellybeanmom

Love2love wrote: »
    Hello ladies 😊
    It's very quiet around here lately, I hope all is well with you guys.
    I had my booking scan today and all is perfect! Measuring a day or two ahead but it's no harm for me to keep the original date in mind so that I don't get too anxious in the last few days!
    Again I hope everyone is fine and enjoying going into their second trimester where we become somewhat normal for a while at least

Ah brilliant, my appointment is on Sept 21st...I cannot wait! Anyone else on here going public in Holles Street, I didn't on my last little one, have heard horror stories about the clinic there, my app is for 8:15 but someoneven told me to be there for 7am as thats when the clinic starts???

Will be 11 weeks this week, I think I'm showing but then I think just look like I've put on weight! Did dig out the maternity jeans tonight though, very tempted to try them on!!! I know it's a bit early!!!

Hoping to get away with not telling people until after my booking appointment!!!

Hope everyone is doing great and fingers crossed as we move into the 2nd trimester things will speed up!!

xxx

Ah brilliant, my appointment is on Sept 21st...I cannot wait! Anyone else on here going public in Holles Street, I didn't on my last little one, have heard horror stories about the clinic there, my app is for 8:15 but someoneven told me to be there for 7am as thats when the clinic starts???

Will be 11 weeks this week, I think I'm showing but then I think just look like I've put on weight! Did dig out the maternity jeans tonight though, very tempted to try them on!!! I know it's a bit early!!!

Hoping to get away with not telling people until after my booking appointment!!!

Hope everyone is doing great and fingers crossed as we move into the 2nd trimester things will speed up!!

xxx

Hi Jellybeanmom, I am going public in Holles St and yes the clinic can be a bit daunting on your first visit. More so because you don't know how the flow works. My appointment was for 8.45 yesterday. I got there about 8 and didn't get out until about half past 10!However I had to do a glucose test so I had to wait an hour for bloods.

When you check in with the reception, it's takes about 10 mins for them to input your data from the form you filled out (sent out with first appointment) then they send you with your file to the waiting room. There are 2 queues and you need to be on the left one which moves around the seats in an snake like pattern. This causes ALOT of confusion as lots don't know where the queue finishes. A couple of ladies inadvertently skipped the queue because they didn't realise that the midwife check in is for everyone and not just first appointments. As you can imagine, they were told where to go. Once you check in with the midwife, they take you height, weight and BMI. If you've a BMI over 30 you will have to take a glucose drink and wait for an hour before blood can be taken but while I was waiting I pee'd in a cup, got my history taken for my file and seen the Doc, got a mini dating scan and 2 print outs. I also got my referral for physio and went up and booked my anomaly scan. By the time all that was done, I was called for my bloods so it didn't feel long at all. I'm not back with the consultant until the middle of December r.

Hi all! I'm actually away on holidays this week! Living it up on our babymoon! :) Glad to hear everyone is doing so well.
    I'm 14+3 today. Starting to feel a lot better - more energy etc....but that could be the holiday relaxation!!!

• Advertisement

I'm officially in stretchy pants today! 15 weeks today! Defo didn't have to move into maternity clothes until about 18 weeks on the first! Oh well :) Will tell work today as well. No hiding it really now.

im in maternity clothes already!! i have an actual bump and people started congratulating me at 11 weeks!!! It was so embarrassing! I was the same on my first though so im not surprised i think i have weak stomach muscles though because even when im not pregnant if i need to pee you can see my bladder popping out!! Had my booking appt last week was disappointed to see you get a new chart for each baby! I was looking forward to reading my delivery notes from my first!! Ah well!! All going good thank god still getting sick on and off so hoping to turn a corner soon

Love2love wrote: »
    Hi Jellybeanmom, I am going public in Holles St and yes the clinic can be a bit daunting on your first visit. More so because you don't know how the flow works. My appointment was for 8.45 yesterday. I got there about 8 and didn't get out until about half past 10!However I had to do a glucose test so I had to wait an hour for bloods.

When you check in with the reception, it's takes about 10 mins for them to input your data from the form you filled out (sent out with first appointment) then they send you with your file to the waiting room. There are 2 queues and you need to be on the left one which moves around the seats in an snake like pattern. This causes ALOT of confusion as lots don't know where the queue finishes. A couple of ladies inadvertently skipped the queue because they didn't realise that the midwife check in is for everyone and not just first appointments. As you can imagine, they were told where to go. Once you check in with the midwife, they take you height, weight and BMI. If you've a BMI over 30 you will have to take a glucose drink and wait for an hour before blood can be taken but while I was waiting I pee'd in a cup, got my history taken for my file and seen the Doc, got a mini dating scan and 2 print outs. I also got my referral for physio and went up and booked my anomaly scan. By the time all that was done, I was called for my bloods so it didn't feel long at all. I'm not back with the consultant until the middle of December r.

Thanks so much Love2love for all the information, much appreciated so once I check in and get in the snake Q I should be ok! Phew!

Ah yeay a scan!! I had a dating scan at 9 weeks, fingers crossed they will still scan me at this app.

Thanks again for all the info!

Hope everyone has a super day! 😊😊

Jen44 wrote: »
    Had my booking appt last week was disappointed to see you get a new chart for each baby! I was looking forward to reading my delivery notes from my first!!

Yeah I was the same, but I was waiting long enough at the Booking Appointment with my massive hospital file that we had plenty of time to go back through the notes from Number One. Was actually really nice reading it! Although remarkable how much of it you forget!

my chart was completely new no old notes at all :(

Ah no! I got a brand new cream folder for this pregnancy but they are using the same hospital file with all the information from the first time in it! Not that I will see it again until after the birth as the midwives will have it now.

You can always write to your hospital and request a copy of your notes from the first time if you want them.

ah I only wanted a little look from a sentimental point of view ha! Im a bit of a sap like that!!

I started back at slimming world tonight (was suppose to go back a couple of weeks ago but my love of sourdough and Kerry gold butter but a stop to that!) There are 3 other pregnant ladies in the class so a bit of extra support! Feeling good because I actually have maintained my weight. Apparently thought is a pound a week from 12 weeks on...

Oh well done, Love2love! I went back two weeks ago & had already put on 4.5lbs. Was a bit disgusted but I hadn't been since about June so am not too unhappy as I have not been good. But I expect to see more weight on every week so might as well get used to it lol! Think the class is really good just for keeping you in a healthy eating mindset!

• Advertisement

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Oh well done, Love2love! I went back two weeks ago & had already put on 4.5lbs. Was a bit disgusted but I hadn't been since about June so am not too unhappy as I have not been good. But I expect to see more weight on every week so might as well get used to it lol! Think the class is really good just for keeping you in a healthy eating mindset![/quot

I'm contemplating for getting back to sw when u turn 12 weeks, have not been since I found out I was pregnant, I put on 5 stone with baby number one and I cannot let this happen again! I was miserable when she was born that I had let myself get so out of shape and I can feel habits of my last pregnancy creeping back in!!!

Could I just follow the plan at home, or do I need to follow a different plan? More hex a / b! It's probably best to talk to my leader actually.

Is anyone joining pregnancy yoga or any other antenatal exercise classes?

Advertisement