Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2017 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

They give you a booklet especially for pregnancy. You get an extra A&B each day.

I'm hoping to do pregnancy yoga, did it on my first and it was really nice. I'm also doing a bit in the gym - just squats and the likes. And only in the past week as haven't had the energy before now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

How is everyone?

I'm OK, bit of nausea still but I think it may be that my trousers are too tight now.

I cannot wait to tell work! Still have to wait until the end of the month as I'm signing a new contract this week and I wouldn't want anything to interfere with that. The grandparents have been sharing the news now and I'm terried someone will post something on my wall on Facebook or something else as public. I don't want to be deceptive but even though my boss will be very accomodating, our funders might feel differently and insist on another fixed term contract over the permanent one I have been promised.

I hope you are all doing well. This thread seems pretty quite now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mountglib

Glad all is going well love2love - good luck with the contract (I'd do the same in your position)

Nausea has died down some, but the fatigue has *majorly* kicked in the last week. It's all I can do to not close my eyes every 20 minutes! I've tried to calm down about constantly worrying about mc and the advice to put that energy to good has helped. Booking appt next week, can't wait to get some more reassurance then. Am also planning to tell work after the appt, which I've been so tempted to do, but will feel more confident sharing the news after my first real hospital visit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

I'm just back from hols and slightly depressed. But feeling good. Am 15 weeks 2 days now! Can't believe it. And the nausea has finally gone - so hang in there ladies it will go! Energy levels ok too but am back in work this week so that might change.
    I'm exactly the same as you guys - worrying too much. It's very hard not to. I'm not in the hospital until the ebd of the month. Seems ages away. Can't wait for little bean to start kicking - I'm sure that will be daily reassurance. Although I'm sure the worry never goes. Even after they're born!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jellybeanmom

Glad everyone is doing good...I'm the same nausea has passed but the tiredness has kicked in big time I had to fight it the last few weeks as I was studying for an exam, exam is over now and I can give it to a bit of shut eye!! But have a very eager 3 yo who loves to lie down with me!!!

Will be 12 weeks on Thursday but have booking app on the 21st, so we're holding off till then until we tell people, I'm a little embarrassed about telling people this time around and I don't know why!

• Advertisement

Glad everyone is doing good...I'm the same nausea has passed but the tiredness has kicked in big time I had to fight it the last few weeks as I was studying for an exam, exam is over now and I can give it to a bit of shut eye!! But have a very eager 3 yo who loves to lie down with me!!!

Will be 12 weeks on Thursday but have booking app on the 21st, so we're holding off till then until we tell people, I'm a little embarrassed about telling people this time around and I don't know why!

Jellybean I'm the same. I hate to say the words I'm pregnant' it makes me cringe! No idea why! I told my mam and told her to pass it on :D:D so I've not had to utter those words thankfully! Even telling her I blurted out - I'm expecting and I'm due in March and I went to the doctor already and I've an appointment in Holles St next week... I barely took a breath!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Love2love wrote: »
    How is everyone?

I'm OK, bit of nausea still but I think it may be that my trousers are too tight now.

Haha, I had the exact same kind of day-felt sick all day (which doesn't happen) then I opened the button on my jeans and felt a bit better! I'm on the hunt for over the bump bootcut jeans-so hard to find!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sunshine35

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well. Glad to hear the sickness is starting to ease off for most! all good here, am 13+3 now and feeling much better, sickness completely gone now. Was away in Spain last week and the break was great ☀️

I had my booking scan a couple of days before holidays and baby looks perfect! Really active, we ended up getting a really long scan as it was wiggling around so much she sonographer couldn't get measurements. Thankfully the cyst has reduced by about a cm, so shouldn't cause any problems.

Liffey Valley is great for maternity shopping, between h&m, next, top shop and new look I got loads- pooch try h&m for jeans, I got three lovely pairs of skinny over the bump jeans there- they had boot cut aswell.

How are all the bumps looking?? I'm huge already- two people asked me yesterday if I was pregnant😮 Have started telling friends and will have to tell work when back next week.

Is everyone getting the flu jab??

That's great news Sunshine!

I'm 16 weeks now and the bump is starting to show. My cousin told me yesterday that apparently, you "explode" on your second baby - I was like "Thanks". ;) No one has said anything to me yet though.

I'm getting the flu jab - I get it every year as have asthma. I'll also be getting the whooping cough vaccine in the last trimester - can't remember what week the GP said now, I think around 32 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

yep ill be getting the flu jab and whopping cough vaccine

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm defo going to get the flu jab too! I still don't have much of a bump and I just can't wait for it! In the evenings my tummy defo gets more rounded but no proper bump yet. I haven't even put on that much weight which I'm kind of concerned about. Am almost 16 weeks and have just put on 3 pounds?? I'm sure it will go up quickly soon. Anyway back in Holles St in 2 weeks. Can't wait to get another look in there!

dreamstar wrote: »
    Yeah I'm defo going to get the flu jab too! I still don't have much of a bump and I just can't wait for it! In the evenings my tummy defo gets more rounded but no proper bump yet. I haven't even put on that much weight which I'm kind of concerned about. Am almost 16 weeks and have just put on 3 pounds?? I'm sure it will go up quickly soon. Anyway back in Holles St in 2 weeks. Can't wait to get another look in there!

I wouldn't worry too much about the weight Dreamstar... I was the exact same weight on my first appointment as I was at 36 weeks even though my bump was huge! Piled it on after that though!

I'm not due back in the hospital until November for my anomaly scan :( seems so far away!! Even then, I'm not back for an normal appointment until December.

Had my GP appointment this morning. Blood pressure is very low so need to keep an eye on it - not really surprised though. Got to hear the heartbeat which was lovely! Six weeks now to my next appointment with the GP & 8 to my first appointment with the MLU.

Love2love wrote:
    I'm not due back in the hospital until November for my anomaly scan seems so far away!! Even then, I'm not back for an normal appointment until December.

Yeah I know - mine is the end of October and feels a lifetime away! I don't want to be wishing my time away either! I really do want to enjoy the pregnancy too.

Painful SPD today. I think it means I'm doing too much so I'm in bed with my 6 year old watching Grease and having a cuppa. I could get use to this!

Sounds nice love2love- is spd any better today? Having the laziest morning here and it's lovely!
    Have my first appointment with consultant in 4 weeks and anomaly scan then the first week on November. After 20 weeks the appointments get a bit more regular so there's not as much of a wait to hear that lovely reassuring heartbeat.

sunshine35 wrote: »
    Sounds nice love2love- is spd any better today? Having the laziest morning here and it's lovely!
    Have my first appointment with consultant in 4 weeks and anomaly scan then the first week on November. After 20 weeks the appointments get a bit more regular so there's not as much of a wait to hear that lovely reassuring heartbeat.

Yes Thankfully all I need at this stage is paracetamol and rest! I start physio next week. Thanks!
    I was thinking of buying a Doppler just to hear the heart beat until I could feel proper strong kicks but then I think it's a waste of money as I'm already having flutters so kicks won't be too far behind!

How many weeks are you now. In health had good deals on dopplers was very tempted but decided against it. Am 14 weeks tomorrow, have felt that tickling sensation a couple of times- looking forward to feeling more movement.
    Back in work Monday after two weeks off- dreading it ☹️ Still haven't told them, they'll figure it out fairly quickly on Monday when I turn up in maternity clothes!!

Oh Sunshine, I feel your pain! Let us know how it goes breaking the news. I still haven't told my work and I'm sweating someone will out me on social media or it will twig with someone. Next Tuesday is D-Day for me.

It was fine- I'm the manager so I'd say they're only delighted to be rid of me for a few months!!

• Advertisement

17 weeks today! I feel like I'm counting up to 20 weeks, like it's a milestone! Then I can start counting down to D-day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

Anyone else feeling like time is just dragging? We decided to find out the sex at twenty week scan. Time is moving so slowly I think it would kill me to wait till baby was born. :D

Yep, sometimes I feel like my due date is so far away! But then the last few weeks have gone really fast since we told everyone! And after Christmas, it will fly by!

We aren't going to find out the sex. We didn't on our first and it was a nice surprise after all the hard work :) I was very tempted at the 20 week scan tho! I wanted to go back in and ask her!

I feel the same... Like 20 weeks will never be here. I am 13w4d but I genuinely thought I was 15 weeks the other day when I was signing up for the LIDL baby box... Yet when I look back to finding out, July only feels a couple of weeks ago!

Hey

Are all you lovely ladies getting the flu jab...?? I got a text from my gp to let me know it was on stock....I got it when I was pregnant with my little girl but got the flu really bad when she was 6 weeks old so I have my reservations or am I just being paranoid!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

I'm getting my flu jab next week. It's my first baby so no previous experience to draw on but I tend to get sick a lot in winter anyway so I just don't want to chance not having it. I know you can still get other strains of flu even after getting it but I'm going to follow my Doctors recommendation and get it.

Abrean wrote: »
    I'm getting my flu jab next week. It's my first baby so no previous experience to draw on but I tend to get sick a lot in winter anyway so I just don't want to chance not having it. I know you can still get other strains of flu even after getting it but I'm going to follow my Doctors recommendation and get it.

I have my booking app tomorrow in Holles St, I will ask midwifes advice, I know I probably will get it, I just have it in my head that it caused the really bad flu last time as it was her only time I had ever gotten the Jab!

I'm getting it as I have gotten it every year since I was about 12 and I've never had the flu. Lots of chest infections but never full blown flu. As far as I know, the flu jab only covers the strains that they think will be more prevalent in that particular year. You can still get a strain that wasn't covered by the vaccine.

Every year, my mother in law tells me, "I got a shocking dose the one and only time I ever got the flu vaccine, I'll never get it again, thought I was going to die" and every year, I say "it's a dead vaccine, you obviously had a cold coming on when you got it". Grrr :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

i will get it and the whopping cough vaccine while pregnant. Got both while pregnant on my first too with no problems

• Advertisement

I was planning to get it on Friday with my little girl who has asthma but I can feel a head cold coming on. Do you have to be well to get it?

Also, I don't know if any of you are interested but Aldi will be selling pregnancy body pillows from tomorrow. They are great for anyone suffering with SPD - I think they are only €13.99 (could be wrong on price!)

Advertisement