Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

March 2017 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,674 ✭✭✭✭fits

Hi there mount glib that's great news about the anomaly scan and you are getting into viable territory now too. Did you get the imba booklet? There is a good list on what you might need in there. I'll message you in more detail about what we got tomorrow. The one thing I'd say is to start moving on it. You might have a different pregnancy to me but I could not do a whole lot after thirty weeks.

It will be fine though. Multiple mums are super understanding and helpful. Join IMBA facebook group if you haven't already. Have you considered doing one of their antenatal classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mountglib

fits wrote: »
    Hi there mount glib that's great news about the anomaly scan and you are getting into viable territory now too. Did you get the imba booklet? There is a good list on what you might need in there. I'll message you in more detail about what we got tomorrow. The one thing I'd say is to start moving on it. You might have a different pregnancy to me but I could not do a whole lot after thirty weeks.

It will be fine though. Multiple mums are super understanding and helpful. Join IMBA facebook group if you haven't already. Have you considered doing one of their antenatal classes?

Thanks so much fits. No, don't have IMBA booklet, but have been thinking I'll book the January IMBA antenatal class cos the singleton ones offered through the hospital don't seem super relevant. I'm on the IMBA FB group and have to say the group is amazing, extremely helpful.

You're right, need to get a move on getting stuff! It's already difficult to move around at 23 weeks. .. afraid I'll waste a lot of money getting the wrong stuff, but just gonna have to bite the bullet.

How far along are you and how are you getting on?

I'm 37 weeks and have had a few issues but not too bad at all really. I've been able to rest a lot throughout pregnancy so that has helped. I've been fairly comfortable on the whole really. But yeah it was tough enough going at 23 weeeks too. I find you progress and things are hard for a while but then you adjust. I haven't had much in the way of back pain etc which has surprised me. But I can't walk any distance anymore. Will be in the hospital tomorrow and will get husband to wheel me around for example. Can't sleep tonight now yet because they are both quite active.

We bought one cot which will be set up as co sleeper and tiny love napper rockers for them to sleep downstairs. We got the travel system second hand. It's a babyjogger city select. I also like the look of the icandy peach and the mountain buggy duet ( which is side by side). We didn't get bassinets with our travel system but they could easily sleep in those too if you get them.

Got stashes of baby clothes from relatives and mostly bought my own newborn stuff because the small sizes were in short supply. We pick up nappies and other stuff every time we shop so there's a stash there already.

I was given a breast friend feeding pillow. The twinz is supposed to be great as well. Didn't buy any bottles etc

I do recommend joining imba cos you will get discounts with the card and their info booklet and lists are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Officially in the third trimester now. Sooo excited and nervous that I've nothing done! Will have to seriously get my finger out after xmas! :-)
    Hope you're all keeping well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

dreamstar wrote: »
    Officially in the third trimester now. Sooo excited and nervous that I've nothing done! Will have to seriously get my finger out after xmas! :-)
    Hope you're all keeping well!

Snap! I've nothing done! I'm still looking for a new changing bag - they are all so expensive! I just want a decent size one with a zip - is that too much to ask lol! Will get myself organised after Christmas - will be finishing work in mid-Jan so hope to have enough time then to do it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Have you had a look at the big one from Baby Elegance? It's a simple one yet decent sized and absolutely reasonable price.

I prepared everything as far as I can at the moment, because I know I wouldn't want to do it when I'm really big. In January we have to rearrange our room, we have this huge hideous monstrosity of wardrobe here and replace that so we can turn our bed to fit the cot in.
    This almost caused a family drama (we're living with my In laws at the moment, because we're saving) and even though my In-laws are absolutely lovely, my MIL has an emotional attachment to every single thing in the house, so this was a bit of work to convince her that we really can't keep it in our bedroom. She can be a bit weird, the kind of: "please don't put Keys on the drawer in the hall, the surface could scratch" :rolleyes:

At the end of January we're going to Monaghan for a couple weekend, probably the last one in a good while :D I'm sooo looking forward to it and mid January we're having a 3D scan, I'm already counting days.

Beside that my morning sickness is getting worse again, I gave up hope until now that I'll get rid of it til the little Miss is here. But beside that I'm feeling quite well, I accepted my turtle moving pace and whenever I get really annoyed over something pregnancy related I just tell myself that it's only 13 weeks to go and I'm never gonna do that again. :D

LirW wrote:
    Have you had a look at the big one from Baby Elegance? It's a simple one yet decent sized and absolutely reasonable price.

I actually got the new baby bundle from baby elegance. Was 999 for pretty much everything. Cot bed, buggy, pram, bath, carseat, raincovers, bibs, and other bits I can't remember. So been paying that off and will be delivered in Feb. Also have bottles, steralisers, pumps and changing table. So it's just the room to sort and clothes, nappys, wipes etc to get!
    But things are getting harder to do. Can feel myself slowing down. And I feel your pain coz nausea and tiredness have made a comeback for me too.

But exciting times for us all!!!!

You guys seem very organised to me! I've gotten a double buggy second hand off a friend. We have the moses basket from the last baby, along with steriliser and car seat etc. So we just need to buy the basics - new bottles, bibs, nappies. I need to take down all the clothes from the attic and wash and iron them. I'll get a brand new outfit for the baby to wear when he/she is born - after that, it's hand me downs all the way :p

29 weeks tomorrow, countdown is nearly down to single figures!!! :D

I upgraded the bag from the bundle for a fiver, because the lady in the shop said the once that comes with it is actually pretty tiny.

CheerLouth wrote: »
    You guys seem very organised to me! I've gotten a double buggy second hand off a friend. We have the moses basket from the last baby, along with steriliser and car seat etc. So we just need to buy the basics - new bottles, bibs, nappies. I need to take down all the clothes from the attic and wash and iron them. I'll get a brand new outfit for the baby to wear when he/she is born - after that, it's hand me downs all the way :p

29 weeks tomorrow, countdown is nearly down to single figures!!! :D

I threw all of that in one amazon order, I created a wishlist with everything nursing related that I'm going to order end January or so. I'm just sooooo lazy for shopping trips. And I got plenty of clothes already, 90% bought second hand because I'm not going to bother spending a fortune on fancy clothes for a baby (learned from my mistake with my boy years ago, when I bought him a pair of jeans and he wore it like... 5 minutes) :D

• Advertisement

LirW wrote: »
    I upgraded the bag from the bundle for a fiver, because the lady in the shop said the once that comes with it is actually pretty tiny.

Have you got a link for the bag? I couldn't tell which one on Baby Elegance was the big bag! :o

Have you got a link for the bag? I couldn't tell which one on Baby Elegance was the big bag! :o

Sure, it's the Everyday tote, it comes in like a million colours, I just got it in black because I'm one of these all-black-everything people :D

https://www.babyelegance.ie/tote-bag-3322

Are you supposed to wash all the baby clothes before they wear them?
    Thanks for the heads up on the changing bag - will have to check that out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Thanks for the heads up on the changing bag - will have to check that out!

I did just because they smelled plasticky from packaging etc. And I had the time to do it, from when he was about three weeks old I stopped that :D

If they are new, I don't think so. I don't remember that I did anyway on No. 1. In this instance, all of our stuff is in vacuum bags in the attic and while they were washed prior to being stored, I think they'll need another wash to freshen them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

i didnt wash any new clothes on my first and I wont for this baby either. Each to their own I just think its over kill! i will wash anything I take down from the attic again even though they were all washed before they went up there just in case there is any damp or anything on them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Had my second hospital appointment yesterday and all is well. Had the GTT, which is apparently perfect and my iron levels are spot on so happy days :D

Ok so this may be a stupid question so don't laugh! So I've been reading here and on a facebook group about people leaking already. I have not, nor did I on my last 2 pregnancies. Even after birth I never leaked but I didn't breastfeed so I never gave it a thought. This time however, I intend to breastfeed but I'm worried that I won't have a milk supply! Is it normal not to leak? :eek: I feel stupid just writing this post! But when I google it, it just says that it is normal to leak!

I think so - certainly not happening here anyway! I did a bit after I had my first baby & I didn't BF either. Just left them alone as the PHN said to do and all was grand. I wouldn't be worrying about milk supply at this stage anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I'm due in 5 weeks and haven't had any leakage either. Even if I give them a wee squeeze! I'm not worried

• Advertisement

Love2love I never leaked during pregnancy, they didn't change in size or anything, and we didn't have a smooth start to breastfeeding as he was in special care from birth for 5 days. Still breastfeeding 20 months later :) I didn't have any leaking until he was about 10 days old when we were already flying it.

Thanks for the response ladies, really appreciated!

I'm relieved! It just seems some people are going through packets and packets of breast pads or complaining about going to meeting and discovering they have 2 big wet patches!

I leak like a watersprinkler and last week I had blocked ducts in both of my breasts. That was somewhat nasty. I breastfed my first and there was no way he was starving, in fact I could probably have fed another kid or two with that supply... But be happy not having any leakage at all, it's super annoying and I'd gladly trade that in for something :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies girls.

Anyone else getting a stitch when they walk?? I seem to get them from walking even a very short distance and even if I'm walking really slow! I asked the consultant yesterday and she said it's nothing to worry about, she checked me out, done a mini scan and she's pretty happy with my health. It's just very debilitating and I've already got SPD! My mobility has practically gone to zero!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

I never leaked when pregnant and never really leaked when breast feeding either the only time I would leak a small amount was when my milk would let down some would also come out of the side the baby wasn't feeding on but otherwise I never leaked

Love2love wrote: »
    Anyone else getting a stitch when they walk?? I seem to get them from walking even a very short distance and even if I'm walking really slow! I asked the consultant yesterday and she said it's nothing to worry about, she checked me out, done a mini scan and she's pretty happy with my health. It's just very debilitating and I've already got SPD! My mobility has practically gone to zero!

Yep, I can manage about five minutes & then I get a horrendous stitch on my right hand side right on the bottom of my bump. It's horrible because I feel fine & like I can walk as quickly as I normally do but clearly the body is saying otherwise!

• Advertisement

Yep, I can manage about five minutes & then I get a horrendous stitch on my right hand side right on the bottom of my bump. It's horrible because I feel fine & like I can walk as quickly as I normally do but clearly the body is saying otherwise!

That's exactly where I get mine too! Mine have eased off thankfully although that could be down to the fact I am barely walking lately!

How is everyone doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mountglib

fits wrote: »
    I'm 37 weeks and have had a few issues but not too bad at all really. I've been able to rest a lot throughout pregnancy so that has helped. I've been fairly comfortable on the whole really. But yeah it was tough enough going at 23 weeeks too. I find you progress and things are hard for a while but then you adjust. I haven't had much in the way of back pain etc which has surprised me. But I can't walk any distance anymore. Will be in the hospital tomorrow and will get husband to wheel me around for example. Can't sleep tonight now yet because they are both quite active.

We bought one cot which will be set up as co sleeper and tiny love napper rockers for them to sleep downstairs. We got the travel system second hand. It's a babyjogger city select. I also like the look of the icandy peach and the mountain buggy duet ( which is side by side). We didn't get bassinets with our travel system but they could easily sleep in those too if you get them.

Got stashes of baby clothes from relatives and mostly bought my own newborn stuff because the small sizes were in short supply. We pick up nappies and other stuff every time we shop so there's a stash there already.

I was given a breast friend feeding pillow. The twinz is supposed to be great as well. Didn't buy any bottles etc

I do recommend joining imba cos you will get discounts with the card and their info booklet and lists are really good.
    Wow fits - so you're due any day now - congrats!! Thanks so much for sharing what you've bought - definitely gives me a good idea on what to focus on. Best of luck in the weeks ahead - such an exciting time! Hope all goes well.

Love2love wrote:
    How is everyone doing?

I'm feeling surprisingly amazing. Had GP checkup today. Bump measuring bang on 28 weeks. Blood pressure and baby heart rate is perfect and am feeling really good. After the year I've had it's just so good things are going smoothly.

I've put in for my maternity leave. Weird thing - the date I start my maternity leave is exactly a year since my very last chemo session. To the exact day. How much can change in a year. So I feel nothing can get me down now!

How's everyone else doing?

I'm feeling surprisingly amazing. Had GP checkup today. Bump measuring bang on 28 weeks. Blood pressure and baby heart rate is perfect and am feeling really good. After the year I've had it's just so good things are going smoothly.

I've put in for my maternity leave. Weird thing - the date I start my maternity leave is exactly a year since my very last chemo session. To the exact day. How much can change in a year. So I feel nothing can get me down now!

What a difference a year can make! That's fantastic!

That is so amazing! I bet that is the most amazing feeling for you, Dreamstar! :D

I'm doing quite well also. Still having aches in my back most days - especially if I've been in the car. But starting to feel like I'm on the home stretch now! I finish work for Christmas next Tuesday until Jan 2nd & then I am finishing work on Jan 17th so not long until I can begin to just focus on getting ready for this baby & enjoying the last few weeks of No.1 being an only child :D

• Advertisement

27 weeks today and I'm exhausted! That overwhelming tiredness is back. Took me an hour to change my bed earlier. I kept sitting down to put the pillowcases on etc and then laying down for a minute :D - I gave up eventually, hubby can do the others!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jellybeanmom

Totally understand you on the tiredness Love2love, I'm 26 weeks and exhausted. Had an overnight stay in Holles st earlier in the week, with cramping and mild bleeding! I totally over done it last weekend, felt great so had Christmas party, meeting friends for dinner, last minute shopping and a kids bday party, also wrapped ll my presents!

Was given 2 steriod injections for the babys lungs, and told to take it easy! (Have my friends wedding just after Christmas 😱) also had a scan all fine with baby growing nicely and everything where it should be!

Hope all you lovely ladies are well and not over doing it°°

Totally understand you on the tiredness Love2love, I'm 26 weeks and exhausted. Had an overnight stay in Holles st earlier in the week, with cramping and mild bleeding! I totally over done it last weekend, felt great so had Christmas party, meeting friends for dinner, last minute shopping and a kids bday party, also wrapped ll my presents!

Was given 2 steriod injections for the babys lungs, and told to take it easy! (Have my friends wedding just after Christmas 😱) also had a scan all fine with baby growing nicely

Glad to hear all is OK. Jellybean! Take it easy!

I had an appointment in the mlu today and was very disheartened to hear that baby is breech :( Midwife says that its only an issue if they haven't moved by 36weeks but its playing on my mind.

CheerLouth don't worry about it, they move around a lot this early. My son was breech at about 28 weeks and was head down by the next scan and stayed that way. (Didn't matter anyway as I had an emcs at 37 weeks!)

Thanks, I know I've loads of time yet. First baby was head down quite early so this is new territory for me. Will try to relax and maybe spend some time bouncing on my ball

Was given 2 steriod injections for the babys lungs, and told to take it easy! (Have my friends wedding just after Christmas 😱) also had a scan all fine with baby growing nicely

Glad to hear all is OK. Jellybean! Take it easy!

I had an appointment in the mlu today and was very disheartened to hear that baby is breech :( Midwife says that its only an issue if they haven't moved by 36weeks but its playing on my mind.

Totally normal at this stage. Ours was breech at 28 weeks but by the time we had a scan again at 30 weeks he/she was head-down and has been ever since (I'm now 36 weeks)

31 weeks today and the countdown is officially into single digits, woot woot! Must actually start to get organised!

Now Christmas is done we can start getting organised! How exciting! I've picked up a few vests / plain baby gros as well as throwing packets of nappies / wipes etc into my shopping each week but I've nothing else in. I'm in a Facebook group for March babies and they've started to talk of hospital bags / labour bags etc.... so I'm feeling the pressure to get a move on. I read that one of the Dublin hospitals require you to bring 2 cot sheets for baby??? Really??

Love2love wrote:
    I read that one of the Dublin hospitals require you to bring 2 cot sheets for baby??? Really??

Hmmm.... I never heard that. But just throw two pillow cases in the bag instead of cot sheets. Abd sure your partner can bring stuff in if you need it.

Yeah I'm starting to feel under pressure to get organised. Want to clear out baby room and get that started. Going to start picking up nappies / wipes / muslins and baby clothes. Oh and maternity pads!!! Apparently you just can't have enough of them!

How's everyone feeling? I'm starting to feel really big. Could be all the xmas food too! Finding my walks getting slower too as I'm getting out of breath quicker.
    Can't believe we're so close to the end!!!!!

I've checked on Holles St website on what to bring and it doesn't mention cot sheets. I think it's the coombe that you need to bring them. I think that's awful!

I'm feeling very big too! I went to Slimming world yesterday for damage limitation but I actually lost 0.5lbs... I don't know how, I actually had cheesecake for brekkie on one of the days :D

Nipple cream? Anyone got recommendations ?? Also someone mentioned nipple shields... for what? I'm clueless with breastfeeding, I didn't do it on my other 2. I must sign up for the breastfeeding classes now Christmas is out of the way

• Advertisement

Love2love Lanolin nipple cream is good, I was given some in hospital. Nipple shields are used if nipples are sore or cut or if they help baby latch, I didn't buy them and only actually needed them for aa few days when he was six months old and teething. Not everybody needs them but no harm buying them if you want to have them just in case.

Lansinoh nipple cream is really good. It's expensive but worth it I'd say.

I bough nipple shields but never used them. Sore nipples aren't necessarily a given. I had a few days of discomfort when their latch wasn't perfect at the start but am grand now. It wasn't bad at all. ( I've been lucky)

Thanks ladies,
    I'll pick up some of the cream and I'll leave the shields unless I need them

Actually has anyone here done the breastfeeding class in Holles St?? I heard they're very good so going to go next month. But where are they on? Is it in the main hospital?

Hi dreamstar

I did the class a couple of months ago and found it very good. So much so that I'm gonna go again if baby hasn't made an arrival before the next class!

It's on in the same building as the antenatal classes, but it's either the floor above or below (can't quite remember) in a lecture room. It's the building on lower mount street opposite howl at the moon

It's on in the same building as the antenatal classes, but it's either the floor above or below (can't quite remember) in a lecture room. It's the building on lower mount street opposite howl at the moon

Yeah I thought it was somewhere else. I didn't do the antenatal classes there so wasn't sure. Is it the place with the arch and glass walls? Where the merrion clinic is?

Em it's not the glass building that the private merrion clinic is in. It's a few doors further down from it. It's next to an archway that leads to houses and office blocks. You could up steps and through the front door, then through another door immediately left where there's a reception desk.

Em it's not the glass building that the private merrion clinic is in. It's a few doors further down from it. It's next to an archway that leads to houses and office blocks. You could up steps and through the front door, then through another door immediately left where there's a reception desk.

Thanks a mill!!!

Happy new year all! Here's to an exciting 2017 with some new additions. :-)

• Advertisement

Happy New Year girls :)

How's everyone?

So the strangest thing happens when I sing - the baby kicks like mad!!

Early myself and my son (10) start singing roof high to Hozier's Take me to church and my belly was visibly flipping! So funny! We've been doing it all day :D

Advertisement