Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Many problems with Eir

Options
  • 16-07-2016 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I am really annoyed by this, it has been forever, and Eir is not even trying to help solve my problems, I need solutions for my following three problems at once.

1- Speed: The speed was never over 10Mbps, until I wasted three months trying to convince Eir's technical support that the technician who installed the line at my apartment said that the cable was broken, when I succeeded to convince them, they fixed something but the speed is never over 50Mbps, I need it to be 100Mbps at least, as Virgin is offering 300Mbps to my next door neighbours.

2- Money back: Eir kept charging me for my old house line although they moved the line to the new place, and they still owe me €80 saying that I didn't give back your old router, I said a hundred times, I don't need the router, it's packaged waiting for someone to pick it up, or let me know where I can drop it to, I WANT MY €80.

3- Fixing contract: Your sales lady literally tricked me into taking landlineI DON'T WANT ANYTHING ELSE THAN THE BROADBAND.

I hope I made myself clear with the above three points, I need the perfect solutions to them, i.e. Fixing the speed, giving me my €80, and cancelling the landline keeping only the broadband.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I don't want workarounds or half solutions, I was so fed up with this for the past 8 months.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

lovegalway wrote: »
    Hi,

I am really annoyed by this, it has been forever, and Eir is not even trying to help solve my problems, I need solutions for my following three problems at once.

1- Speed: The speed was never over 10Mbps, until I wasted three months trying to convince Eir's technical support that the technician who installed the line at my apartment said that the cable was broken, when I succeeded to convince them, they fixed something but the speed is never over 50Mbps, I need it to be 100Mbps at least, as Virgin is offering 300Mbps to my next door neighbours.

2- Money back: Eir kept charging me for my old house line although they moved the line to the new place, and they still owe me €80 saying that I didn't give back your old router, I said a hundred times, I don't need the router, it's packaged waiting for someone to pick it up, or let me know where I can drop it to, I WANT MY €80.

3- Fixing contract: Your sales lady literally tricked me into taking landlineI DON'T WANT ANYTHING ELSE THAN THE BROADBAND.

I hope I made myself clear with the above three points, I need the perfect solutions to them, i.e. Fixing the speed, giving me my €80, and cancelling the landline keeping only the broadband.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I don't want workarounds or half solutions, I was so fed up with this for the past 8 months.

Thanks
    Hi lovegalway,

Thank you for getting in touch and I am very sorry to hear you are having some issues. 

In regards to your speeds- You would need to contact our technical support team directly and troubleshoot these issues with them. You can contact them on 1890-260-260 or freephone 1901 (option 2)

Money Back- If you PM me your old account number and your new account number I will be more than happy to check this out for you.

In regards to the Fixing contract- I am afraid you are required to have a landline in order to receive broadband. Unfortunately we would be able to cancel the landline. If you contact our loyalty team directly them may be able to offer you a discount for this. You can contact them on 1901 (option 4).

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lovegalway

These are exactly the workarounds and half solutions that I was talking about, I've been contacting all these teams for the last eight months, and all calls were ending by we're sorry we can't do anything.
    I don't want to contact them again, I need someone to give just a bit of care for my problems.

If you can't fix all these problems, I would ask to cancel my contract with Eir without charging me with €200.

Anyway, I sent the account numbers in PM.

These are exactly the workarounds and half solutions that I was talking about, I've been contacting all these teams for the last eight months, and all calls were ending by we're sorry we can't do anything.
    I don't want to contact them again, I need someone to give just a bit of care for my problems.

If you can't fix all these problems, I would ask to cancel my contract with Eir without charging me with €200.

Anyway, I sent the account numbers in PM.
    I am afraid we are unable to troubleshoot broadband issues from here lovegalway. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

I have responded to your PM.

-Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lovegalway

Can you please confirm that there will be a person who would fix the problem 100% instead of saying: "I am unable to fix this"?
    Because this is what I got for the last four times.

Can you please confirm that there will be a person who would fix the problem 100% instead of saying: "I am unable to fix this"?
    Because this is what I got for the last four times.
    I am afraid I cannot guarantee that the agent will be able to resolve the issue straight away as an engineer may be required to go if there is a fault.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Advertisement
Advertisement