Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash Options for student going to UK

• 16-07-2016 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My 18yr old has decided to head to UK for the rest of school holidays to family; travelling Thursday 21st. Also hoping to pick up some work while there.
    She does not have a bank account.

What are her options for getting a card she can use, rather than depending completely on cash?
    I have a Revolut card I could give her, but it would be tied to my phone.
    How long would it take to open an AIB account here for her; I could send on cards later if necessary?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Is she coming back to ROI for September.

Is her UK address somewhere it would be ok for her bank to send her letters .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

bisset wrote: »
    Is she coming back to ROI for September.

Is her UK address somewhere it would be ok for her bank to send her letters .

Yes to both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭tomfoolery60

johnb25 wrote: »
    Hi,

My 18yr old has decided to head to UK for the rest of school holidays to family; travelling Thursday 21st. Also hoping to pick up some work while there.
    She does not have a bank account.

What are her options for getting a card she can use, rather than depending completely on cash?
    I have a Revolut card I could give her, but it would be tied to my phone.
    How long would it take to open an AIB account here for her; I could send on cards later if necessary?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

You might be best getting a bank account in the north if possible - make is easier if they get work (to be paid). Could do it during the week before they leave - quick bus/train up and back.

Advertisement