Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fluctuating Internet access

Options
  • 17-07-2016 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not too techy so hoping I can explain this. I have intermittent Internet access (on all devices).
    There is a signal coming through my eircom line. Confirmed this so issue on my side. Changed router and cable so it's not that.
    Adsl light on router is always on, however the Internet light is flashing when my Internet drops.
    WiFi light is on also.
    Think it's the master socket on the wall. When I mess around with this it seems to improve. I took off the faceplate and plugged into test socket. Seems better but may get more noise this way?

Can I buy a replacement master socket? Looks easy enough to fit. S1, s2, l1 and l2 terminals. Just reconnect new box in same manner?

Will any Adsl master socket do?

Thanks for help
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If the DSL light is on solid its unlikely to be a wiring fault. The internet light dropping would suggest an issue on the PPPoE/IP layer. If you have any consoles/CCTV cameras they'd be my first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shishkebaby

Before changing the master socket have you tried changing the ADSL Filter ?
    Then I'd call Eircom to test the line , there might be trouble/configuration issue upstream on the DSLAM

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭christy02

Before changing the master socket have you tried changing the ADSL Filter ?
    Then I'd call Eircom to test the line , there might be trouble/configuration issue upstream on the DSLAM

Thanks for replies. How do you change out the filter?

Advertisement