Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2007 Honda Civic mileage

• 17-07-2016 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I was thinking of buying a 2007 civic with 170,000 klms on it .I am just wondering should I stay away or would this be ok mileage ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I was thinking of buying a 2007 civic with 170,000 klms on it .I am just wondering should I stay away or would this be ok mileage ?

Depends on the type,price and condition. That mileage is nothing to worry about if it has been looked after

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mistermint79

mickeyk wrote: »
    Depends on the type,price and condition. That mileage is nothing to worry about if it has been looked after

It looks very clean and the owner says they changed the oil and filters every 6000 klms .
    Thanks for the replyðŸ‘ðŸ¼

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

6000kms is overkill for oil changes. I assume there's no actual record of these?
    I've 195k on mine now, and there isn't a bother on it, no expensive bills.
    Which engine is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

170,000 km is about 105,000 miles which is not excessive on a 9 year old car by any means especially a Honda. People have an allergic reaction when they see a car's mileage in 6 digit figures whether it be in km or miles.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    6000kms is overkill for oil changes. I assume there's no actual record of these?
    I've 195k on mine now, and there isn't a bother on it, no expensive bills.
    Which engine is it?

It's 1.8 iVtec 2007

• Advertisement

It's 1.8 iVtec 2007

Sorry no record he said he done them himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ah you'll probably be grand. They're a very robust engine.

If it's a hatchback, make sure the blinds work for the panoramic roof as they can go funny. Make sure the clutch isn't slipping, and make sure the aircon works especially the controls for air direction, mirrors sometimes won't fold up.
    All or any of the above would be rare though.

Out of interest, how much is it? I have one and will probably be selling soon.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Ah you'll probably be grand. They're a very robust engine.

If it's a hatchback, make sure the blinds work for the panoramic roof as they can go funny. Make sure the clutch isn't slipping, and make sure the aircon works especially the controls for air direction, mirrors sometimes won't fold up.
    All or any of the above would be rare though.

Out of interest, how much is it? I have one and will probably be selling soon.

Thanks for the reply .Its the saloon model and I have seen a few for around €4,500 - €5,000.

Advertisement