Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

honda 50.

• 17-07-2016 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Right, i know the old honda 50 is borderline on being a motorbike but i assume this is the place that would have the most knowledge on bikes in general. i inherited a 1986 honda 50 that hasn't been driven much lately and am trying to get used to it on the road. i have a few q's if anyone could help/point me in the right direction.

1. any good websites/forums around. google isnt bringing up much
    2 gear change advice. i can get up through the gears alright(4 speed) but having trouble gearing back to slow down, is engine braking used on a bike at all(should i just use the brakes and go back to neutral at a junction
    3 are they really this gutless, struggle going up steepish hill in 2nd gear or do i have an issue.
    4 any other tips/tricks

thanks for any info shared

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Tip : If you put it into first and rev the hell out of it, then take your foot off of first, you'll wheelie into something :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Tip : If you put it into first and rev the hell out of it, then take your foot off of first, you'll wheelie into something :)

Jaysus, that brings back memories, Skill!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Haha, Kids used to ask me for my autograph performing said skill :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

cheers, will try this. hope to be able to post the results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

cheers, will try this. hope to be able to post the results!

Oh oh, not looking good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

sorry, haven't got to try this, had a chest infection and then a reaction to the drugs used. still coming round, will be doing wheelies on the 50 in no time though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,360 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Used to be able to do wheelies on my GP100 by sitting on the pillion seat and whacking open the throttle in first :pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

If you want to see tuned up and modified Honda 50 bikes,then go to the Nifty Fifty races in Mondello Park each year.Them boys have some serious craic on them machines,and for charity too.:D

Advertisement