Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portmarnock development?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

kalibraaa wrote: »
    LiamaDelta wrote: »
    All new-build houses from a decent developer will guarantee against pyrite. The way things are regulated these days there are so many checks in place the likelyhood of it happening again is negligible....unless you buy from a poor builder with a poor architect.

:rolleyes: now if only we could find a "decent developer" anywhere. You have a better chance of finding an honest politician ffs. Im sure that the "guarantee against Pyrite" comes in verbal form only.

We have a written one

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

rach_88 wrote: »
    Hello,

Looking to purchase in the new St Marnocks Bay on Station Road. Took a drive out yesterday and noticed the flight path directly above the housing development... Planes every 3 minutes overhead and EXTREMELY loud... Would this bother anyone and do you think this would be a problem? What is everyones thoughts on the area and the neighbouring developments? Thanks R

It would certainly bother me to be located right beside the outer marker for RW280 at Dublin Airport.

That's what the fenced off area used by DAA is!!!.

Proposed new rwy will have the incoming and outgoing traffic up around Paddys Hill on the approaches/departures to/from the east to 28R/10L if that's the designation.

Lovely area but plane noise a definite issue at those new developments as will be traffic problems unless something is done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Paddy Porter

Lived in Porto a long time and the plane noise is not an issue..you just don't notice it after a while .

Houses will be well sound proofed ...and future runway developments wiil push air traffic north over Paddy's Hill .

Would not let that issue puit you off as many positives in the area .

Lived in Porto a long time and the plane noise is not an issue..you just don't notice it after a while .

Houses will be well sound proofed ...and future runway developments wiil push air traffic north over Paddy's Hill .

Not down there Paddy, right under the flight path, sure the houses might be sounded, but try sitting out in yer garden with your loved one and a bottle of Yellatail!!

Them FR 800s will blow the froth off yer tipple lad and maybe worse

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

Hello,

Looking to purchase in the new St Marnocks Bay on Station Road. Took a drive out yesterday and noticed the flight path directly above the housing development... Planes every 3 minutes overhead and EXTREMELY loud... Would this bother anyone and do you think this would be a problem? What is everyones thoughts on the area and the neighbouring developments? Thanks R

To get a feel for what it would be like go to St Drumnighs Wood and park there for about 10 minutes. It's hilarious. Planes roaring over you ever few minutes. Once St Marnocks Bay and Lidl are both up and running you can forget about driving through the village as well.

• Advertisement

mayway wrote: »
    To get a feel for what it would be like go to St Drumnighs Wood and park there for about 10 minutes. It's hilarious. Planes roaring over you ever few minutes. Once St Marnocks Bay and Lidl are both up and running you can forget about driving through the village as well.

Ground being broken on the Lidl site as we speak ......diggers in situ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

What a shame it's going in the centre of the the village. It could have easily gone at the end of the road/village. :mad:
    Ground being broken on the Lidl site as we speak ......diggers in situ.

What a shame it's going in the centre of the the village. It could have easily gone at the end of the road/village. :mad:

Can't see the traffic output from this development being anything other than disasterous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Any idea how long before opening day?

Next Spring is the best I can do for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Not down there Paddy, right under the flight path, sure the houses might be sounded, but try sitting out in yer garden with  your loved one and a bottle of Yellatail!!

Them FR 800s will blow the froth off yer tipple lad and maybe worse
    mayway wrote: »
    Hello,

Jaysus lads, what's with the panic over the plane? I've lived in Seabrook Manor, The Links and Hazel Ct., have happily sat outside each and every one on many a sunny day without taking a single notice of the noise from the planes.

Traffic will be a pain in the hoop though!

Jaysus lads, what's with the panic over the plane? I've lived in Seabrook Manor, The Links and Hazel Ct., have happily sat outside each and every one on many a sunny day without taking a single notice of the noise from the planes.

Traffic will be a pain in the hoop though!

That's great, delighted to hear that.

Would have thought it would be an issue, but glad to hear the news from the ' horses mouth' as it were that it's not.

I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Its a 28 week build . Construction starting in January ...so probably the end of June ! Its only ground clearance and piling before x-mas

Dak

Lookit ! more shopping competition was required in Porto...and Lidl will be a welcome addition.

Up to now Dunnes with their coterie of sour unfriendly staff could do what they liked ...and occasionally offered good value to be fair.

The advent of the German retailer will force them to compete both in price and customer service and recognition....surely not a bad thing this poster would opine ?

Lookit ! more shopping competition was required in Porto...and Lidl will be a welcome addition.

Up to now Dunnes with their coterie of sour unfriendly staff could do what they liked ...and occasionally offered good value to be fair.

The advent of the German retailer will force them to compete both in price and customer service and recognition....surely not a bad thing this poster would opine ?

In fairness Pat, there will always be a few staff who are sourer than a blown lemon .

Dunnes staff are no different, but the punters who go through the checkouts are no angels either.

I have seen arseholes who treat them like dirt, typically women with the glasses down on the nose peering over at everything and boring trollies through anyone unlucky to stand in their way.

Dunnes are not the worse, by a long shot Patrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I absolutely agree that Portmarnock could have done with another retailer, however it's the location of the Lidl that will be a problem.

Just meters from that site, are hectares of land that could have accommodated the new retailer, along with allowing access to/from multiple directions. The village is already a "no go" for a lot of people living and passing through Portmarnock.

I absolutely agree that Portmarnock could have done with another retailer, however it's the location of the Lidl that will be a problem.

Just meters from that site, are hectares of land that could have accommodated the new retailer, along with allowing access to/from multiple directions. The village is already a "no go" for a lot of people living and passing through Portmarnock.

Hard to disagree with that Moose...Porto village is a no go area around school opening and closing times not to mention Church traffic.

The main populaton centre in Portmarnock is north of the Lidle location so most will drive there ....further traffic problems are likely !!

Hard to disagree with that Moose...Porto village is a no go area around school opening and closing times not to mention Church traffic.

The main populaton centre in Portmarnock is north of the Lidle location so most will drive there ....further traffic problems are likely !!

And just wait for a hot summers day ...gridlock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

dak wrote:
    And just wait for a hot summers day ...gridlock!

Total gridlock mawn!

Total gridlock mawn!

Very rapid preparation of the site at present lots of construction traffic rolling through the village already.

Breakfast roll man in high viz jacket present in considerable numbers....

• Advertisement

Even An Bord Pleanala's Inspector recommended that the Lidl shouldn't get planning but the Board over ruled her ... wonder why they bother having an inspector if they don't take their advise ! ....smell the cash!

Very rapid preparation of the site at present lots of construction traffic rolling through the village already.

Breakfast roll man in high viz jacket present in considerable numbers....

As far as I know they have to take approx 120-150 truck loads of top layer sand off ....assume that will be starting shortly!
    Dak

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Leo na

Wondering is there anybody know when the station road is going to be expended, as so many houses are going to be built here...

Couldn't agree more. The "staff" that they have in Dunnes have been especially trained to be worse than useless. I had the misfortune of going in there over Christmas and actually witnessed what I can only describe as a mess sitting at one of the checkouts. S/he was talking to a customer totally oblivious to the line of people waiting to be checked out. Disgraceful!

To add insult to injury when the hapless moron managed to stop wasting time and started scanning the next customers groceries the speed was breathtaking. I actually saw what looked like a 7 year old girl with her parents at the self checkout checking out twice as fast at the hopeless lump that I had somehow got lumbered with. It was beyond annoying.

Hopefully when Lidl open up in the village then Dunnes will sort out their shabby shop. They've had a monopoly for so long and have been employing the unemployable for years.

Leo na wrote: »
    Wondering is there anybody know when the station road is going to be expended, as so many houses are going to be built here...

I wouldn't hold your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Leo na wrote: »

I hope the road is'nt expended,cause if it is I won't be able to get to the station!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Works related to the building on Station Road will close off access from the Strand Road end from the 16th til (I think it was) the 27th.

I hope the road is'nt expended,cause if it is I won't be able to get to the station!

Yeah. When you say "expended", are you expecting it to be dug up and replaced with gravel?

Wouldn't surprise me actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I was just replying to Leo na's question.I for one don't want to see the station road expended,as it will discommode me and many others getting to the station.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm pretty sure Leo na meant extended or finished. Let's be nice to a new Boards member :)

Advertisement