Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portmarnock development?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

All the people that were queuing have gone. They must have come up with some solution that didn't involve sitting outside a building site for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 highflyer3

veetwin wrote: »
    All the people that were queuing have gone. They must have come up with some solution that didn't involve sitting outside a building site for a week.

Apparently gave out numbers this morning. Should clear the queue for a few hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

These homes start at €450k??

Jesus how can people afford these homes. A couple would want to be on 120k or get a massive dig out from the parents.

People on average wages are screwed in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

baldbear wrote: »
    People on average wages are screwed in Dublin.

People on average wages are not going to live in Portmarnock.. :rolleyes:

There are plenty of new houses around Dublin starting below 300k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

yannakis wrote: »
    People on average wages are not going to live in Portmarnock.. :rolleyes:

There are plenty of new houses around Dublin starting below 300k.

New houses ? Seriously? I thought all new houses are starting at €300k in Dublin because the poor developers aren't able to build under that.

And 2nd hand homes under that price would be in the likes of Finglas,Clondalkin etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

what i cant understand with people buying these new builds is how they are happy to buy expensive houses with no front garden and a miniscule driveway that probably takes 1 car at most. there was a segment on pat kenny today about it earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

neris wrote: »
    what i cant understand with people buying these new builds is how they are happy to buy expensive houses with no front garden and a miniscule driveway that probably takes 1 car at most. there was a segment on pat kenny today about it earlier

Because that's what they can get in the area for the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I take it the one with the black door here is the obligatory affordable housing one
    nintchdbpict000350010940.jpg
    no even footpath outside your front door!:eek:

nintchdbpict000350010922.jpg
    walk out your front door and fall under a car:confused:

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Because that's what they can get in the area for the price?

sorry wasnt clear in my last post, I meant new developments in general re driveways & gardens. its not just this development its the same in the coast in baldoyle and clongriffen

• Advertisement

sorry wasnt clear in my last post, I meant new developments in general re driveways & gardens. its not just this development its the same in the coast in baldoyle and clongriffen
    History repeating itself already.
    People panic buying again, they need somewhere to live and rents are increasing.
    The coast and Clongriffen weren't selling too well from 2008-2015.

The coast and Clongriffen weren't selling too well from 2008-2015.

was nothing to sell between 08 & 15. abandoned building sites dont build much

was nothing to sell between 08 & 15. abandoned building sites dont build much
    Abandoned phases alright but there was still plenty of idle apartments in clongriffen that could be had for 100k and houses for not much higher, same in Belmayne. No one wanted them, what's changed, you know the saying fools and their money.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

baldbear wrote: »
    New houses ? Seriously? I thought all new houses are starting at €300k in Dublin because the poor developers aren't able to build under that.

And 2nd hand homes under that price would be in the likes of Finglas,Clondalkin etc.

Yeah, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jimbojones2017

I have read this post with some interest and perhaps i can clarify some things. The dug up trail that was referenced on the coast road is a water main from what i can make out.

the reference to the planning application is true but that application has actually time expired and between 2008 and 2013 the planners thankfully realized that the density of people on the site was insane and the original planning was sent back for re submission.

I am not aware of the plans for phase 2 a etc as 1a is nearing completion of 101 houses and there has not yet been an application for the next launch.

I guess that things change - the houses across the road are going up rapidly and were supposed to be cavity brick but are now timber frame.

It would be good to hear the thoughts of anyone actually involved in these projects .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Next phase is now being started... with a brand new developer to boot. Anyone know why there was a change?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

3DataModem wrote: »
    Next phase is now being started... with a brand new developer to boot. Anyone know why there was a change?

From the business post: https://www.businesspost.ie/business/lone-star-splits-ballymore-419226
    Lone Star, the multibillion dollar property investor, has shelved plans to work with Irish property developer Sean Mulryan on up to 1,000 homes in Dublin.

The development on lands owned by Lone Star in Portmarnock is among the largest housing developments in the capital.

Mulryan’s company Ballymore was working as the fund’s development partner, but the pair have parted ways in recent weeks.

A source said that while Ballymore and Lone Star had “worked well” on the project over the last three years, Lone Star is likely to choose a new development partner to finish out the project, where 101 houses have been built and sold so far.

A further 150 units have planning permission, but they will now be progressed by a different development partner.

No final decision has been made on the new partner, but market sources suggested that Durkan Residential is in the running.

Lone Star was among the first overseas investors to pile into the Irish land and distressed debt market after the downturn, buying development projects and non-performing loans on a massive scale.

Lone Star was the partner to Cairn Homes in its €500 million purchase of Project Clear, a huge land bank centred around west Dublin.

The Texas fund, which is headed up by Irish passport holder John Grayken, is reportedly examining a public listing for a vehicle dedicated to its Irish assets, which is seen by observers as an efficient way for Lone Star to complete a partial exit from the Irish market and book some of the profits which have accumulated in its rapidly appreciating portfolio.

Sean Mulryan’s Ballymore Group was among the Irish property heavyweights that saw out the downturn, despite having loans transferred into Nama.

The firm repaid €3.2 billion in gross debt to Nama over a six-year period and exited the toxic loans agency in 2016.

Since the recession ended, Mulryan has been engaged on flagship projects such as the Dublin Landings development in the capital’s docklands, alongside Singapore’s Oxley, and office projects in London such as Embassy Gardens and Nine Elms on the south bank of the Thames.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

It's definitely D/Res doing the next phase now according to signage. Next phase building well under way and apparently launching in February.

any one know if they are going to be building across the fields that front on to the baldoyle portmarnock road? i see they have mounds of earth further down and are doing some sort of work just of the road this week a few hundred meters up from the little roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭derekbro

any one know if they are going to be building across the fields that front on to the baldoyle portmarnock road? i see they have mounds of earth further down and are doing some sort of work just of the road this week a few hundred meters up from the little roundabout

I think this is drainage works, you can see the overall general plan here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

It's prep work for the cycle/pedestrian path which will eventually encompass the park connecting Baldoyle and Portmarnock.

The mounds of earth were excavated from the current building site and moved there but I'd say they will be used as infill or removed.

thanks for the link and replies. another question, theres a large circular area behind that little hut for the airport fenced off, if its the same area thats on the map its something historical but does any one know what it is? Have been told in the past that were fairy forts on that site and graves from the battle of clontarf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

You will find details here . Its a protected Mound !

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5a252d8a8c56a8663f516eeb/t/5a391aece2c4838a764382d6/1513691940555/PortmarnockSP1B_Archaeological_Report+_18122017+final.pdf

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/localnotes/mound-on-development-site-is-not-passage-tomb-27791083.html

Historical documents have associated the site with the burying place of Maine - said to be the son of Medb and Aillil but more recent investigations have revealed the mound may actually be medieval in origin. Ms Baker said that aerial photography and recent test trenching indicate that the original extent of the mound may have been larger as a circular ditch was uncovered to the south. The excavator opened two cuttings into the mound from which medieval pottery was recovered. The council expert said: 'Coupled with this, a medieval settlement was excavated 50 metres from the mound by the road.

' The excavation, although only starting into the post-excavation process, has a working interpretation that the mound may well be the remains of an AngloNorman motte.' The mound is surrounded by a 20 metre exclusion zone and the council says it will be protected from development.

'It is most I'm afraid, assuredly not a passage tomb and cannot be compared to Newgrange,' Ms Baker said.

Advertisement