Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth speaker

• 17-07-2016 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭

I got the young lad a car last week but the radio doesn't have Bluetooth ,aux or usb. Has anybody got any experience of Bluetooth speakers, than don't cost a fortune,he wants to stream music and I want him to be able to answer the phone safely. Changing the radio is not an option as there are controls on the steering wheel.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I got one of these fitted a few years ago. Has its own remote control that you can stick wherever you want, and you can answer/reject calls by voice.

You can stream music/phone calls via blue tooth, and also has a variety of jacks to use too. Hooks into my existing car radio speakers. I got an installer to fit it, but if you're happy pulling back trim and getting at the back of the radio you could do it yourself.

http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/hands-free-car-kits/parrot-mki9200/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I got the young lad a car last week but the radio doesn't have Bluetooth ,aux or usb. Has anybody got any experience of Bluetooth speakers, than don't cost a fortune,he wants to stream music and I want him to be able to answer the phone safely. Changing the radio is not an option as there are controls on the steering wheel.
    Cheers.

Depending on the car, he might still have options..
    I just fitted an adapter (Apps2car was the brand but there are many others available) which plugs into the slot in the back of the radio for a an external CD changer..

This gives you a box with a USB slot, SD Card slot and a 3.5mm jack input..
    For less than a 5 er, I bought a Bluetooth adapter that plugs in to the 3.5mm slot, and it works perfectly..

He'll need to find one that's suitable for the model of car radio, and it's possible that he'll need to get the car dealer to enable the CD changer option in the car's settings (I was able to do this myself as I have the software for my car)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

^ Thoie posted while I was typing my response - the parrot would be a great option, but if he's on a budget, my set up was around £40 all in..
    Haven't used it for phone calls though, so can't vouch for the quality of that side of it..

Advertisement