Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raheen to UL

• 17-07-2016 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Just wondering how manageable Raheen to UL is in the morning? I've heard mixed reviews on the bus, some saying its unreliable and can take over an hour? I'm starting a Masters in UL in September and would be able to stay with family in Raheen rather than renting near the college but if the commute is going to be a nightmare maybe accommodation near UL could be better? Is it cycleable even? Any advice would be greatly appreciate!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

Absolute no brainer to take the motorway, if your driving. Distance about 12 miles - depending on what time you want to get into UL the exit off the motorway into Annacotty can be congested and it could be 45-50 mins total travel time if you need to be in for 9am. Driving through the city to arrive at the same time would take an hour I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭1moreyr

Lots of people going over to UL so maybe you could get a lift and pay some petrol money? Masters might only be 2 days per week so you might not have to be travelling over that often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

There is one bus in the morning that doesn't go via the City
    http://buseireann.ie/timetables/1425473031-304X.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Cycle! Shouldn't take more than 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pmono

Thanks everyone for all the comments! Driving unfortunately isn't an option right now cause I don't think I can afford a car and Fees so bus or bike I'm hoping will work out! Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 pmono

Hi, so I have been taking this bus every morning which works out great but coming home from UL all the 304 seem to end in the city centre and I have to change on to another 304? Am I just very unlucky or is there no direct 304? I'm getting different answers off every bus driver!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭Villa05

pmono wrote:
    Hi, so I have been taking this bus every morning which works out great but coming home from UL all the 304 seem to end in the city centre and I have to change on to another 304? Am I just very unlucky or is there no direct 304? I'm getting different answers off every bus driver!!!!

Can you vary your going home time. I suspect bus eireann are maximising the buses that are on the city centre UL route to try and drown out the competition they have on that route.

Another potential reason is that you are hitting the city centre at shift change over time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

pmono wrote: »

You're probably getting the same bus every evening, which stops in the city.

It's one of the greatest annoyances for me, it's a bit of a lottery whether or not you'll be kicked off the bus at Debenhams or not.

Only bit of advice I would have is hold on to your ticket. It's €2.10 to get from UL to Raheen so it's still valid when you get on the bus in town to get to Raheen.

Other than that, maybe try getting an earlier/later bus to the one you currently get, might not be ideal for you though.

Advertisement