Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Side scroll bar disappearing

Options
  • 17-07-2016 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

Bit of a strange one. I'm on chrome (did try to reinstall) windows 10 and when I go onto a page the scoll bar at the side I there but once I try to scroll down it disappears. I have tried to highlight / select text but still will not go down. This does not happen on any other websites.
    The site is fine on phone and iPad.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Does your machine have a touch screen? Chrome and Boards seem to exhibit funny behaviour on touch screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Totofan99

I'm having this problem too. I can't scroll with the arrow keys. And it's not just in Chrome. It's doing the same thing in Firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hi folks, can I ask are you using the legacy site or the responsive?

Dav wrote: »
    Hi folks, can I ask are you using the legacy site or the responsive?
    Hi Dav,
    It's the responsive site I'm using anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Im responsive site too, not a touch screen either - thanks for the quick feedback, sorry about the delay in replying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Yeah, same problem here. Chrome, Windows 10, new version of the site (is that the responsive site?), no touch screen.

When I try scrolling using the up and down arrows nothing happens. If I click on the page again then the scroll bar on the right side of the screen appears again but then if I click up or down it disappears and the screen does not scroll. I've not had this issue with any other website. Been like this for a week or so.

EDIT: Just noticed the problem wasn't happening in the 'Talk To...' threads. Only seemed to be happening in threads starting with boards.ie/b/thread/... Forums starting with boards.ie/b/forum/... seem ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Thanks for the help folks, Jason tells me he's got a fix in for this that should take care of this issue, it's just going through an internal code review first before being set live, so it should be live tomorrow I think, I'll be back to confirm when it is.

It seems to be back working fine now! For me, at least.

Advertisement