Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back support

Options
  • 17-07-2016 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey,
    A friend is pregnant with twins (mid way through) and experiencing bad back trouble since the beginning. Her job requires an awful lot of driving in the car and this isn't helping! I was going to get her one of the chair back supports, the mesh ones that can slip on over the seat and can be used on other chairs.
    I just want to check would anyone know would that help or ease the pain at all considering its positining is so upright.
    Maybe someone knows of a better item that could help? Also if it can be gotten in a shop it would be handier rather than waiting for a delivery!
    TIA😉

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'm having similar issues. I'm only 16 weeks with twins but the back is playing up already. I honestly wouldn't be able to drive a lot at the moment so I feel bad for your friend.

The Back shop in Dublin have all sorts of supports for cars and chairs. Might be worth a visit. Your friend might need to go in herself.

What works for me is I need to keep moving. I need to be diligent about the pillow between my legs in bed. If I forget for a while I have to get out of bed in middle of night for an hour or so until pain settles down again

I am also doing an antenatal Pilates class and going for the odd swim. I have been for three physio sessions already also. Even with all this though, I don't think I could do a lot of driving. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

I mentioned to my husband and he thinks her employer should do a risk assessment with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Elpurple

fits wrote: »
    I mentioned to my husband and he thinks her employer should do a risk assessment with her.

Oh that's a good point I must ask her has that been done (pos not), I'm assuming it's the fact she's working from a car and it's adding to her pain. Maybe they would cover her to get back support due to this? Maybe that's being presumptuous also tho! Thanks for that advice! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Elpurple

fits wrote: »
    I'm having similar issues. I'm only 16 weeks with twins but the back is playing up already. I honestly wouldn't be able to drive a lot at the moment so I feel bad for your friend.

The Back shop in Dublin have all sorts of supports for cars and chairs. Might be worth a visit. Your friend might need to go in herself.

What works for me is I need to keep moving. I need to be diligent about the pillow between my legs in bed. If I forget for a while I have to get out of bed in middle of night for an hour or so until pain settles down again

I am also doing an antenatal Pilates class and going for the odd swim. I have been for three physio sessions already also. Even with all this though, I don't think I could do a lot of driving. :(
    Sorry only saw this after, congratulations to you thats lovely! Although I'm sure it can be very uncomfortable! I must mention to her about pilates also she is good for walking and finds immense relief from it but she is quite a petite girl and I can imagine twins are putting extra strain on her in all physical aspects. Thanks for the tips, I'm glad I will have a few things for her that might help. And very best of luck to you :)

Advertisement