Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal 10k 2016

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Killerz wrote: »
    Agree with you - plastic cups are awful... Paper cups are much better... As you can pinch them into something much more easy to drink from. Very little water needed on a 10k though to be fair - either way absolutely no need for bottles. Agree with HelenAnne - they can be a nuisance.

I ended up carrying the plastic cup I got at the first water station all the way to the second water station out of some weird guilt about jettisoning it sooner. The cups aren't great on the course, though there was ample amount at each station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

Really enjoyed the race, thought it was well organised.

Anyone else see the argument between the Marshall and the guy who was tired of the barrier blocking his van, about a km or so from the finish? As I ran past the guy was throwing the barrier out of the way, and the Marshall was standing in front of the van to try to stop it driving out on the main road!

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Well run race and I got my PB so very happy.

The fire hose station was moved and I was happy to see it further down the road nearer Swords.
    It was a nice relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Phoole wrote: »
    Great race, superbly organised as always. T-shirts are a nice colour but much larger than the 5 mile.

Ditto. For the 5 mile, I found the Medium t-shirt to be very small, and the Large t-shirt to be very big. The Medium t-shirt for yesterday's 10k was slightly bigger, but would prefer if it was a little larger! I did not try on the Large t-shirt yesterday. Anyone else have issues with t-shirt sizes? Hopefully the t-shirts for the final events are more regular sizes....

No complaints with the event itself though, and got a new PB!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Well run race and I got my PB so very happy.

The fire hose station was moved and I was happy to see it further down the road nearer Swords.
    It was a nice relief.

The fire hose was a nice relief alright. Thanks to the fire brigade for that. It is amazing though how you can see it, you know its going to happen and its going to be wet but you still get a shock from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭The Davestator

The fire hose was a nice relief alright. Thanks to the fire brigade for that. It is amazing though how you can see it, you know its going to happen and its going to be wet but you still get a shock from it.

I think the shock comes from not expecting it to be as 'wet' as it is! It looks like that misty stuff some bars have on holidays, but it's not!

Loved the event. No issues with the cups as I reckon the 3 seconds i lose to walk and drink is more than made up by increased performance from drinking water.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Will plastic cups or small bottles be provided for the marathon?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

PGL wrote: »
    Will plastic cups or small bottles be provided for the marathon?

marathon is bottles
    http://sseairtricitydublinmarathon.ie/frequently-asked-questions/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

eoinín wrote: »
    I've a ton of photos from the race uploading verrrrrry slowly to here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/86489211@N00/sets/72157671390726166

It'll probably take the whole day to upload them, so check back later if you can't spot yourself yet!

Cheers great photos

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

Cheers great photos

Thanks. they've been uploading for 24 hours but only half of them are up! So keep checking back, hopefully I got everybody!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

Thanks. they've been uploading for 24 hours but only half of them are up! So keep checking back, hopefully I got everybody!

Fair play, some great shots there! Let us know when you have them all up, and then I'll go looking for myself! ;)

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Great photos , Cheers

Did anyone else notice the lady Running in flipflops on Sunday, She went by me between 6 and 7 K and it gave me a good laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭aceygray

The Muppet wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice the lady Running in flipflops on Sunday, She went by me between 6 and 7 K and it gave me a good laugh?

I saw her before the start, and just assumed she was going to put runners on. Would your feet not be in bits?!

aceygray wrote: »

I saw her before the start, and just assumed she was going to put runners on. Would your feet not be in bits?!
    She was going well when I saw her. I heard the clip clip clip as she went by and looked at her feet . There was, t a bother on her . She was running sub 9 min miles at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

jasonb wrote: »
    Fair play, some great shots there! Let us know when you have them all up, and then I'll go looking for myself! ;)

J.

they're all uploaded...finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Found myself. Looking right at the camera with a 1000 yard stare like a shellshock victim. We were only about 3km at that stage for feck sake. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

She was going well when I saw her. I heard the clip clip clip as she went by and looked at her feet . There was, t a bother on her . She was running sub 9 min miles at that stage

Maybe she is a Tarahumara; they wear flip-flop-type sandals :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

You are great! (And now finally someone else in our house can use the internet! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

Great photos, thanks! You must have a setting on your camera that just keeps shooting pics automatically because I imagine you'd have a sore finger pressing the shutter that many times! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Great photos, fair play! I clearly wasn't "in the zone" at that stage, judging by the fact that I kept gawking up at the bridge....

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭saucyjack

Thanks very much for posting these - great pics! Found myself at the bottom left of one of the frames - can show the kids and tell them I was winning at that point :) Cheers.

Advertisement