Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Hike!

Options
  • 17-07-2016 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

Just got a letter to say my bill will be increased by 7 Euro.
    This is ridiculous. I currently pay 55 Euro I only use broadband and have no requirement for a land line phone service.
    My Broadband speed is not fantastic as it is only 1.5mbs and at 55 Euro it is expensive for service provided.

So I get charged an extra 7 Euro a month for a "free" sports TV package that I don't want and and wont work even if I wanted it, as my Broadband speed is too slow to watch sport in any kind of watchable capacity. (and I don't have or want SKY)

As I only want broadband (in many jurisdictions 1.5mbs could not legally be sold as "Broadband") is there a package suited to me in Eir. I'm not looking for a speed increase on the line as I know this is currently not possible. But a fair price for what I'm getting would be nice. I will not pay 62 Euro for this service and will change provider if necessary. 

I have 2 options with Vodafone which look tempting.

Simply Broadband for 40 Euro a Month (same speed as I have now with no download limit but 22 Euro cheaper than Eir's new price)
    or 4G Broadband with 160GB data limit and actual speed tests here of 40mbs for 60 Euro (still cheaper than Eir's new price but with Caps and usual Mobile limitations)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I'd day that is to pay for the new "free" sports channels. 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭emaherx

LEIN wrote: »
    I'd day that is to pay for the new "free" sports channels. 
    new free/7 Euro Sports Channels that I have no way of actually watching!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just my tuppenceworth. €7 a month more for a sports channel I have absolutely no interest in and could not watch, even if I wanted to due to poor broadband. Free calls to eir mobiles? I don't even know anybody on eir mobile. As a marketing tool this has failed miserably. Don't try to justify a price increase by giving us something we don't want or need. For me the issue is more the way in which the increase  is being sold rather than the cost itself.

Over 40 years with you and now I feel compelled to vote with my feet and look for another supplier. This could be a marketing disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭L8rdude

The price increase is huge (almost 12%). People need to vote with there feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

will everyone be getting this letter? im with eir about 3 months now and havent got one. this looks a lifeline to get away from eir, they are shocking. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

will everyone be getting this letter? im with eir about 3 months now and havent got one. this looks a lifeline to get away from eir, they are shocking. 
    Hi Hawkeyethenoo, 

Thank you for getting in touch :)

If you are not affected by this price increase you will not receive a letter. 

-Ciara

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi Hawkeyethenoo, 

If you are not affected by this price increase you will not receive a letter. 

-Ciara

Any chance you could answer my question Ciara?

emaherx wrote: »
    Just got a letter to say my bill will be increased by 7 Euro.
    This is ridiculous. I currently pay 55 Euro I only use broadband and have no requirement for a land line phone service.
    My Broadband speed is not fantastic as it is only 1.5mbs and at 55 Euro it is expensive for service provided.

So I get charged an extra 7 Euro a month for a "free" sports TV package that I don't want and and wont work even if I wanted it, as my Broadband speed is too slow to watch sport in any kind of watchable capacity. (and I don't have or want SKY)

As I only want broadband (in many jurisdictions 1.5mbs could not legally be sold as "Broadband") is there a package suited to me in Eir. I'm not looking for a speed increase on the line as I know this is currently not possible. But a fair price for what I'm getting would be nice. I will not pay 62 Euro for this service and will change provider if necessary. 

I have 2 options with Vodafone which look tempting.

Simply Broadband for 40 Euro a Month (same speed as I have now with no download limit but 22 Euro cheaper than Eir's new price)
    or 4G Broadband with 160GB data limit and actual speed tests here of 40mbs for 60 Euro (still cheaper than Eir's new price but with Caps and usual Mobile limitations)
    Hi Emaherx,

I am very sorry to hear this. If you have some issues with your broadband you will need to contact our technical support team directly and troubleshoot these issues with them. 

You can contact them on 1890-260-260 or freephone 1901.

If you contact our loyatly team they may be able to offer you some discounts or promotions. You can contact them on 1901 (option 4)

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Hi Emaherx,

I am very sorry to hear this. If you have some issues with your broadband you will need to contact our technical support team directly and troubleshoot these issues with them. 

If you contact our loyatly team they may be able to offer you some discounts or promotions. You can contact them on 1901 (option 4)

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Hi thanks I will try the loyalty team. There is no technical issue with my line other than distance from exchange.

My issue is purely price, 62 euro for 1.5mbs is outragous especially since Eir want to justify it with an addon that I don't want and won't work at such low speeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Hi Emaherx,

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Hi thanks I will try the loyalty team. There is no technical issue with my line other than distance from exchange.

My issue is purely price, 62 euro for 1.5mbs is outragous especially since Eir want to justify it with an addon that I don't want and won't work at such low speeds.
    Good luck with that. The 'loyalty' offer seems to be €5 a month off the increase for 6 months.
    Take it and switch in 6 months. Just make sure they do not put you in a new contract beyond the 6 months.

• Advertisement

Good luck with that. The 'loyalty' offer seems to be €5 a month off the increase for 6 months.
    Take it and switch in 6 months. Just make sure they do not put you in a new contract beyond the 6 months.

Don't worry, I'm most likely going to Vodafone as its over 20 Euro cheaper.

Don't worry, I'm most likely going to Vodafone as its over 20 Euro cheaper.
    No problem at all emaherx.

I am very sorry to hear this and I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department.

-Ciara

Advertisement