Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good cat litter

• 17-07-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I'm in search of a good clumping cat litter, that doesn't get tracket everywhere and is good for smells. The litter tray gets cleaned out twice a day, the litter I have at the moment is one of maxi zoos own more expensive brands, It's great for smells but it is pretty crap at clumping and it gets everywhere! I'm having to hoover all the time. Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Maxi Zoo is expensive for clumping litter. Have a look online at Zooplus. Golden Odour or Tigerino are good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭taytobreath

go with the crystals, its way better than clumping in my opinion and it lasts way longer, it sucks out all the moisture of the poos making them roock hard and not smelly. its expensive but its better. i bought this stuff but its very fine https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009H5B6Y8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

boomerang wrote: »
    Maxi Zoo is expensive for clumping litter. Have a look online at Zooplus. Golden Odour or Tigerino are good.

Thanks for this, have ordered an economy pack of Tigerino. Was cheaper than 2 bags were cheaper than 1 bag of the maxi zoo stuff. Hopefully there will be less tracking with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭Bunnyslippers

I use the wood pellets, the kind you buy for heating systems, so really cheap. They don't smell and you don't get that awful dust, I just scoop the poop twice a day and take out any really soggy bits. Because they are very absorbent they last a good while, I change the whole tray every 4 days - but I do have a lot of lazy old cats and very large trays! It composts too so unlike all the commercial litters which are terrible for the environment, not to mention your Hoover!, you can scoop the poop and just put the soggy stuff on your garden or compost heap, so win win really would never go back to normal cat litter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

+1 for Tigerino. I'm using Super Benek now though because it's flushable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Angel2016

dcfc91 wrote: »
    I'm in search of a good clumping cat litter, that doesn't get tracket everywhere and is good for smells. The litter tray gets cleaned out twice a day, the litter I have at the moment is one of maxi zoos own more expensive brands, It's great for smells but it is pretty crap at clumping and it gets everywhere! I'm having to hoover all the time. Anyone have any recommendations?

I have the same problem, I use Maxi Zoo Hygiene brand and I spend most of my time sweeping or hoovering !
    I did try the crystals and have to agree they are brilliant less mess last longer and no smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

I got a litter tray with a hood in LIDL yesterday for €10 for our stray mammy cats/kittens - gets rid of the sweeping/hoovering issue completely :) Smell is marginally better but not much. Still very happy with it though :)

Advertisement