Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mini Cooper service suggestions [Dublin]

• 17-07-2016 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I need to get my 2006 Mini Cooper serviced. The airbag warning light is on (again) so I want to bring it to someone who can fix that. The last time it happened my usual garage couldn't fix it so I ended up going to a Mini garage which was expensive.
    Has anyone got any suggestions. I am based in Dublin.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

phoebe! wrote: »
    I need to get my 2006 Mini Cooper serviced. The airbag warning light is on (again) so I want to bring it to someone who can fix that. The last time it happened my usual garage couldn't fix it so I ended up going to a Mini garage which was expensive.
    Has anyone got any suggestions. I am based in Dublin.
    Thanks

If it's the seatbelt pretensioner or the seat airbag that is the source of the error, then hooking it up to computer and erasing the errors will only kick the can down the road. It will be back.

Assuming it is one or both of those errors, (not the steering wheel airbag) the connectors under the seat are just not fit for purpose. You need to find somebody who knows how to solve the cause not just the symptoms.

You have various options - cut the connectors of and solder or crimp the wires together. Or, tape the connectors and cables so that they don't rattle around anymore. Difficult to describe - make an Z shape with the connectors in the middle, squish the z together then tape it up good and tight. Obviously do be very very very careful messing with airbag wiring.

Another option is to invest in a scanner that can wipe airbag codes. Many cheap ones won't erase them. I got an icarsoft i910 bmw/mini code scanner/eraser from amazon.de for a very good price... 70 ish?

I have the connectors in herself's mini taped up (after repairing a bodge done by some yokel before we bought it). About once a year we still see a code, more likely if someone has been getting in the back seat. Or hoovering....
    I just erase it, that unit has paid for itself already even with only one code a year. It was a code a month until I sorted the connectors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭noelf

www.bloomfieldgarage.ie haven't used them yet but will ..

Advertisement