Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding rings...take them off...

Options
  • 17-07-2016 11:02pm

Unusual injury while running today, descending at speed in the Carrauntoohil East IMRA run, took a tumble...but wedding ring snagged on a rock and tried to separate my finger and hand. Result was a very deep cut in a circle around my finger, exactly matching the wedding ring, and a black and blue hand from the wrench. But think it's all still intact and didn't deglove myself. Think I'll take the ring off on future mountain runs.

For this forum, have heard of fellows getting degloved while climbing, slipping, and leaving the ring and all the skin off the finger dangling above them...so remember to take it off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Friend of my father jumped up to knock the nets off goalposts after a football match. Left his finger up on the hook that held them.

It was put back but never the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Yeah, take them off. They're usually made of much tougher stuff than flesh and bone. Plus, if you're in cold weather your fingers will be smaller and rings fall off.

More trouble than loosing you're finger!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

This thread should be stickied in the infidelity forum :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Ouch man. Keep an eye on it tomorrow and see if it's still busted lest you have Jersey Finger.

Ouch man. Keep an eye on it tomorrow and see if it's still busted lest you have Jersey Finger.

Improved a lot, and the tip is fine, all black and blue around the knuckle which I guess suffered the biggest wrench. But flexing a little with no pain now.

Dislocated the right ring finger spectacularly before, again running in the Reeks. Bent sideways at a perfect right angle, popped back in but lots of swelling. This one a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Of course, this could be completely avoided by remaining single lads and ladies :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I am married over 10 years, I have rarely worn my ring since the big day. I know too many people that have 9 fingers from wedding ring accidents.
    The worst case I heard was a guy working on a truck, the ring shorted a 24v system and went red hot, trying to remove a red hot gold ring from your finger with your other good fingers is a nightmare I have no wish to recreate.
    My ring still looks new.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I do a bit of woodturning as a hobby, and having seen some exceedingly graphic photos of what happens when a piece of wood rotating at 1000+rpm gets caught in a wedding ring, I always take mine off :D

Advertisement