Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need strong OTC sleeping pills

• 18-07-2016 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hello, i'm just wondering if i'd be able to get any "strong" sleeping pills here in Ireland, over the counter (without a prescription)? I've been looking in pharmacies and i dont really know what to look for to be honest. Most pills are based on plants etc. which won't really work in my case. Anything strong that guarantees me to fall asleep?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Seeking advice about drugs isn't allowed here, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Iwantmoney

Oh, i'm sorry, didn't quite know about that, my bad. Well, i guess the thread will be closed? It's okay if this happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Speak to a GP as there are no sleeping tablets available over the counter here in Ireland as far as I am aware so a GP (or another doctor) is your only way to get any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Is there a reason you're reluctant to see a GP? Only a few days ago you were asking about getting codeine over the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Is there a reason you're reluctant to see a GP? Only a few days ago you were asking about getting codeine over the counter.

Also this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97055759 If I posted all of these drug-seeking posts for different worrisome drugs in such quick succession I'd be watching my door for the guards, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Speedwell wrote: »
    Also this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97055759 If I posted all of these drug-seeking posts for different worrisome drugs in such quick succession I'd be watching my door for the guards, sorry.

You'd be watching the door for the Guards cos you asked about codeine? Sure that's an over the counter medicine! Bit hysterical to worry if the Guards are after you over a couple of headache tablets!

That said, the post history here is a bit odd (wouldn't go so far as to think the Guards would be on it mind you!).

Drug ingredients, painkillers, sleeping pills and a call out for secret psych care?

OP I suggest you speak to your GP as it's clear you need some help. Best of luck.

You'd be watching the door for the Guards cos you asked about codeine? Sure that's an over the counter medicine! Bit hysterical to worry if the Guards are after you over a couple of headache tablets!

No, because of the post history. All of those medications can be used to produce other chemicals of questionable or nonexistent legality and known recreational abuse. But good on you for walking with the angels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

No, because of the post history. All of those medications can be used to produce other chemicals of questionable or nonexistent legality and known recreational abuse. But good on you for walking with the angels.

You've been watching too much Breaking Bad.

You've been watching too much Breaking Bad.

I'm an American immigrant who has had to sign a little book every time I bought meds for a sniffle for the past ten years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I'm an American immigrant who has had to sign a little book every time I bought meds for a sniffle for the past ten years.

Really?!

And OP, your username could be a little worrying in the circumstances, too!

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    Really?!

And OP, your username could be a little worrying in the circumstances, too!

Yeah, they specifically put the kibosh on psuedoephedrine-based medications (you have to request them from the pharmacist and produce photo ID, and there are strict limits on how many doses you can buy at one time), and I've had to sign for basically any painkillers that were not paracetamol, ibuprofen, ketoprofen, or aspirin. The OTC replacement for the pseudoephedrine is phenylephrine, which is essentially a placebo: http://www.bmj.com/rapid-response/2011/10/31/phenylephrine-ineffective-replacement-pseudoephedrine-response-methampheta

Speedwell refers to Veronica officinalis, of which the "officinalis" does in fact refer to its incorporation in the ancient pharmacoepia. However, it isn't considered good for much these days. Makes a nice relaxing tea that is palatable, though, and is reasonably good for chronic cough and as a wash for skin problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭xabi

Sudafed still has pseudoephedrine here

xabi wrote: »
    Sudafed still has pseudoephedrine here

Haha, just my luck, I can't take it anymore because of my blood pressure, and I'm too busy (and neurotic) to start a meth lab :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hi, I recommend asking your GP about this, they will help you oout. I ahve to close this as it's against boards policy, I wish you well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement