Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoI Visa debit card in Cuba

Options
  • 18-07-2016 2:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

Hi, can you confirm that Bank of Ireland visa debit cards work in Cuba?

I read a previous thread here from a few months ago where a rep said that...
    Certain countries such as Cuba can be restricted and may result in reduced ATM limits which would be €100 per day.  

That's not exactly a yes. A google search throws up news reports from last year about BoI refusing to handle any transaction in relation to Cuba - link. I'd like to know for certain that my debit card will work before travelling. 

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Ageyev, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

You will be able to use your card in Cuba at any point of sale or ATM where the Visa symbol is displayed. The restrictions which were referred to in the previous post were related to the withdrawal limits at ATM's abroad. You may find that the ATM will only allow you to withdraw up to E100 a day. This does not impact the use of your card in store or online as it will operate normally. 

I hope this helps and if you need any further clarification please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

Advertisement