Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Horizon 3 (Xbox One and Windows 10)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Boards.ie is the club if anyone's interested.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just picked this up for 35 yoyo on PC. Downloading it when I get home. Can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Did any of you manage to break the 400 km/h barrier at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Just picked this up for 35 yoyo on PC. Downloading it when I get home. Can't wait :D

Where?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

lertsnim wrote: »
    Where?

Amazon.com digital download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Did any of you manage to break the 400 km/h barrier at all?

425 km/h is my best so far. Won the Ford GT Forza Edition in a Wheelspin, it's some goer!

y3mw-sFNMX5G6qcjuAk2xJ_ki9a0YlxivPxzIUDjWepQhnNmNdI3E2nCXgE4b8-RQORJEp3Kunu7zrAtDeo2UtY_iwbtfA5a2y6jcucqrgpIkXfRWWA5InoVXod9L8fKJTcaP0JWVS4G65Jl-FQ06kjSHwPvRGqS_upvis6WrN6PXk?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

Can't seem to ever join an online game. Please tell me you don't need XBOX live to play online on PC?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Boards.ie is the club if anyone's interested.

There's an xbox forum boards club, with over 80 members now, you might find a few players in there. It's "Boards Xbox Group".

Can't seem to ever join an online game. Please tell me you don't need XBOX live to play online on PC?

You don't firewall issue? Port forwarding maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Open the Xbox app in Windows 10 and look for network. Its gives a run down of your network status.

Like the other poster stated make sure your firewall isn't blocking the game.

• Advertisement

B_Sharp wrote: »
    425 km/h is my best so far. Won the Ford GT Forza Edition in a Wheelspin, it's some goer!

It's a great car. The Horizon Edition Nissan GT-R is also seriously quick.

I think I can beat the speed you set if I tune my Ultima.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Blizzard mountain dlc out now, just downloading it. Anybody here try it yet?

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Blizzard mountain dlc out now, just downloading it. Anybody here try it yet?

I didn't try it yet and probably won't touch it until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

€35 for the dlc pass :(
    I only paid €45 for the main game!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, how does this deal works of buying FH3 and getting it on pc and xbox one? Is it only digital? Do I need to buy it from xbox store or Windows store for it?

Would love to see how it will run on pc, but from what I heard it runs like a dog even on high end pcs. So at least I will have xbox one version to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Just make sure to buy the digital version really. You unlock it on your Microsoft account and you'll then be able to download it on your PC through the store app.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Guys, how does this deal works of buying FH3 and getting it on pc and xbox one? Is it only digital? Do I need to buy it from xbox store or Windows store for it?

Would love to see how it will run on pc, but from what I heard it runs like a dog even on high end pcs. So at least I will have xbox one version to play with.

If you get it digitally it doesn't matter where you get it from, you will have the game on both systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If you get it digitally it doesn't matter where you get it from, you will have the game on both systems.

I've been too'in and fro'in on this one. Just to clarify, you buy the cheaper pc digital version, and you have access to the game on XBone?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've been too'in and fro'in on this one. Just to clarify, you buy the cheaper pc digital version, and you have access to the game on XBone?

Should do, though I'm not sure there technically is acheaper PC version as you have to use the windows 10 store. The third party key sellers will just be selling XBL keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Should do, though I'm not sure there technically is acheaper PC version as you have to use the windows 10 store. The third party key sellers will just be selling XBL keys.

Well, if the Windows store can match the price on amazon linked above, then i'll go there. Haven't used the One much, outside of Tomb Raider, so still not up to scratch on the ins and outs of the store economy.

• Advertisement

Well, if the Windows store can match the price on amazon linked above, then i'll go there. Haven't used the One much, outside of Tomb Raider, so still not up to scratch on the ins and outs of the store economy.

It probably won't be that cheap on the windows store so I'd go with Amazon if you can :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Looks like a 4 year old ran riot with a marker! :P

God damn Blizzard Mountain Update has made the game unplayable for me now. Slideshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

God damn Blizzard Mountain Update has made the game unplayable for me now. Slideshow.

I really wish they did some work on optimizing. I keep getting video memory low on gtx 980.

I can play most games at 4k 30fps, but not forza :/

Got it to run again by restarting system. Still no online available for me though. What are they at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I couldn't get online to work a couple of days ago, kept disconnecting for some reason. My internet works fine from what i can see

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

eyerer wrote: »
    I couldn't get online to work a couple of days ago, kept disconnecting for some reason. My internet works fine from what i can see

Maybe something to do with your setup?

If I can say one positive thing about Forza is that the online part of it seems to be rock solid for me atleast.

Very few jumping/skipping people, most of the races are decent.

Im on the PC.

Only thing I wish they added is a little speaker when someone is talking so you know whos talking in an online lobby.

Did anyone get around to playing the Blizzard Mountain expansion yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So, finally had a change to play it and this is my first horizon game, but I bought normal forza games like religion since forza 2.

Playing it on pc with G29 steering wheel. I was very worried that my old pc (2500K, 8gb, gtx 1060) won't be able to run it properly specially at my resolution ( 3440x1440), but turning off all AA, motion blur and all settings at high managing very solid 50-80fps.
    Where it is really annoying that G29 does not work with H shifter on pc, but G920 does... Go figure. Thanks Obama... Though still fun.
    My progression is very slow, because I am playing with all assists off, manual, skilled AI and steering wheel. I am not great with steering wheel yet, so i have to reply races a lot!

All in all its fun, but a bit confusing with events and what cars to use. Looks like I can't stick to one or few cars I like. By the time I get comfortable with how car behaves, it throws me in to new one and learning begins again!
    Drifting can feck off alltogether. I just can't do it, ever! I really hope I can skip those events.
    Off road racing is actually very fun with steering wheel, hard, but when you pull it off, it's very very satisfying.

Since I got G29 for Xmas I played assetto corsa, automobilista and this. I kmow its not proper sim, but I find myself playing it most. I guess it's just fun. :) Don't judge me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

just started this up for the first time in a while to have a look at blizzard mountain and stuff......turns out i dont get blizzard mountain even though i bought the legendary edition on release, wow! Maybe its just me (stupid enough to spend €100) but thats ridiculous

Advertisement