Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Horizon 3 (Xbox One and Windows 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

just started this up for the first time in a while to have a look at blizzard mountain and stuff......turns out i dont get blizzard mountain even though i bought the legendary edition on release, wow! Maybe its just me (stupid enough to spend €100) but thats ridiculous

You do get a good amount of content for your €99.99 (well I think anyway). The Blizzard Mountain expansion should cost you €10 as you have the Ultimate Edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Drifting seems to be standard in all racing games now, no idea why because it's always the worst. I always skip them too. Any luck playing online?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

This was posted over in the Xbox forum, thought I'd throw it up here seeing as it relates to the PC version. An update that went out yesterday was corrupting save files. Seems to be fixed now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Second time this happens.
    Their team really needs to start getting their **** together for the PC Release.

Poor performance on Nvidia Graphics Cards.
    Game stutters.
    Crappy updates.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

No real issues here.. I dont think the problem is the GPU. However all the files in FH3 are AES encrypted and decrypted by the CPU on the fly, making needless clocks go to waste. It's mind-boggling really. what CPU have you got?

• Advertisement

No real issues here.. I dont think the problem is the GPU. However all the files in FH3 are AES encrypted and decrypted by the CPU on the fly, making needless clocks go to waste. It's mind-boggling really. what CPU have you got?

i7 4790k
    32GB RAM
    GTX 980
    500GB SSD

Its funny as Forza Apex works pretty well and can run at ultra settings.
    I know its not the same caliper game and horizon has a far bigger world area, but if thats the case, I should have far better performance in races vs roaming around the world.

Im currenly running FH3 at 1080p on low settings, that really is the only way I can keep a steady 60FPS without spikes in the games.
    I have a second PC at moms house thats on an i5/RX470. Im able to play that on 1080p with medium settings.

Fairly disappointed as before I got into Forza Horizon, I was playing The Crew at 4K.

DOc6Gfe.png?1

Ford Falcon XY GTHO. A favourite of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Wondering if anyone can help me out with this game.I am new to this game (noob) where do I go to get the Buick grand national. I googled and found out you complete a street race to acquire the car but i don't know where on map to go.

Wondering if anyone can help me out with this game.I am new to this game (noob) where do I go to get the Buick grand national. I googled and found out you complete a street race to acquire the car but i don't know where on map to go.

You will have to do some head to head races first. You have to do a certain amount of them before street races unlock. Once you compete in street races, you go on to a midnight battles. That is where you will get your hands on the Buick.

Head to Head races --> Street Races --> Midnight Battles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

thanks for the info. wasn't that apparent. reminds me of gran turismo 5 for the ps3, a lot of car enthusiasts bought that game just to try certain car types but could not find the cars due to random garage sales thing. wonder did they ever update it.

• Advertisement

Anybody up for doing some races in the evenings?
    4 of us doing these, but looking to fill up the lobby a little bit more.

We don't do cruising, drifting, car meets or any of that Jazz you see in online free roam.

We just do races either in free roam or in adventure and have a bit of craic.

Headset and a sense of humor (sometimes dark) required.

If you like all of the above, add me on XBL evolutionqy71

I would, but have never been able to get a game working online since I bought it. Tried everything.

I would, but have never been able to get a game working online since I bought it. Tried everything.

Do you have the xbox app installed on your pc ?

Yeah, it's weird. A lot of people with the same problem on PC. No real solution. It sucks because I'm missing the best part of the game.

Whats your NAT looking like in the xbox app?

Take it you seen some partial solutions at the bottom of this thread?

You using WiFi or ethernet?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've had to fix 2 seperate issues to play FH3 online for myself and a mate... so first thing first is to check if you can connect to Xbox servers via the Xbox App. you can check it under settings -> network, the bottom option of the app.
    If not:
    1. Check if your firewall is on. If it's off, W10 will actively block connection attempts to the Xbox live server. Close and re-open the Xbox App, check network in settings again to see if you can connect. If that doesn't work then...
    2. The notioriously complicated Toredo Network adapter (a virtual one) that Xbox uses to tunnel connections to their server. Open CMD in administrator mode and run 'netsh interface Teredo show state' and spit us out the output.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Ehh....I've to change to Windows 10 if I wanna play it..
    I couldn't get on with Win10...rolled back to 7...but wanna play Forza (need a good racer)

I've had to fix 2 seperate issues to play FH3 online for myself and a mate... so first thing first is to check if you can connect to Xbox servers via the Xbox App. you can check it under settings -> network, the bottom option of the app.
    If not:
    1. Check if your firewall is on. If it's off, W10 will actively block connection attempts to the Xbox live server. Close and re-open the Xbox App, check network in settings again to see if you can connect. If that doesn't work then...
    2. The notioriously complicated Toredo Network adapter (a virtual one) that Xbox uses to tunnel connections to their server. Open CMD in administrator mode and run 'netsh interface Teredo show state' and spit us out the output.

Type : disabled
    Server: Win10.ipv6.microsoft.com

rest is :

port :Unspecified,

state:offline,

error:none

Try run:
    netsh interface Teredo set state type = default

If that doesn't work I wonder if your virtual adapter has been removed... this can be verified in Device Manager. Click View > Show Hidden Devices, expand network devices and see if Toredo adapter shows up.

Try run:
    netsh interface Teredo set state type = default

If that doesn't work I wonder if your virtual adapter has been removed... this can be verified in Device Manager. Click View > Show Hidden Devices, expand network devices and see if Toredo adapter shows up.

My God, I think this worked. I'll check it on Forza now.

EDIT:

Got online alright but my system froze and had to do a hard reset, seems to be working though. Thanks a mill.

• Advertisement

Working great now thanks, please tell me there's a way to mute other players. Lads eating while playing and kids La-la-la-la-laing is quite maddening.

Working great now thanks, please tell me there's a way to mute other players. Lads eating while playing and kids La-la-la-la-laing is quite maddening.

Start Button. Players in Lobby, select a guy and mute. You have to be in free roam for this to work.

Its a shame of how this works cause on Xbox or other games, you used to be able to do this while the game is showing you championship standings or player listing.

Alternatively have to look up people in Xbox app and mute them there.

Its most annoying when your doing an adventure, muting someone, means loosing points for the championship.

Here's one of the clips from last night people running their mouth full go and thats not even the worst. I started recording after all the **** went down :D

Sweet, I'll give it a go later on. Add me if you like : Dave7g

I'm only level 34 and all my cars seem to be garbage.

I'm only level 34 and all my cars seem to be garbage.

Upgrade your rides dude.

Upgraded, was able to finish 2nd against lads that were 800 odd levels. Got frustrated after being constantly barged and making me miss checkpoints.

Degenerates..

Upgraded, was able to finish 2nd against lads that were 800 odd levels. Got frustrated after being constantly barged and making me miss checkpoints.

Degenerates..

Thats a constant in an online lobby.

To be fair if you let the same twats race ahead they will take themselves out on the next corner, most of the time they go into the corner too fast, end up going wide and you overtake them clean on the inside.

Unfortunately the odd time there will be half decent d1ck heads who pound you on the straights when your overtaking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I think i messed up my Lambo. I added a LSD to it and now it handles like a geriatric in a treacle wheelchair. Curse you

So I've almost finished all the events on the base game. How big is Blizzard mountain. Is it worth the high price they want for it?

I read that FH3 sold over 2.5 million copies :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone find the Ultimate Edition going cheap anywhere?
    I have the standard edition on disc, but wouldn't mind the UE so I could play on the PC too :)

Advertisement