Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Horizon 3 (Xbox One and Windows 10)

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone find the Ultimate Edition going cheap anywhere?
    I have the standard edition on disc, but wouldn't mind the UE so I could play on the PC too :)

http://www.cdkeys.com/forza-horizon-3-ultimate-edition-xbox-one-digital-code

87 yo yo's is the cheapest I've seen.

Not sure ultimate edition is worth it as it does not include the expansion pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

http://www.cdkeys.com/forza-horizon-3-ultimate-edition-xbox-one-digital-code

87 yo yo's is the cheapest I've seen.

Not sure ultimate edition is worth it as it does not include the expansion pass.

The price is a bit spicy all the same.
    Might have to wait a lot longer.
    Cex doing 27 trade in for the disc version, so thought I might be able to get a bargain on the UE version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

AFAIK Blizzard mountain hasn't dropped a penny in price yet.. ?
    I bought the game as soon as it came out so I thought I might save a bit of money by waiting on the DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Still 70 on PC, still havent bought it.

I bought the expansion. I had half the cost in store credit and I've done 80% on the main game so I'm sure I'll get my use of it.

• Advertisement

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

eyerer wrote: »
    I bought the expansion.

What's it like to drive in icy and snowy conditions?

It's good. The snow tyres make it grippy enough and it's easy to drift as well when you want to.

I've mostly driven a rally car or an offroad truck. I still don't like the cross country races lol.
    The bits with low visibility/storm are interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

That Forza DLC and the VIP pass are 50% off this weeks deals with gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

marcbrophy wrote: »
    That Forza DLC and the VIP pass are 50% off this weeks deals with gold!
    If someone purchases this on the Windows Store using their Gold Account can they give the code to a non gold account user?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

hellboy99 wrote: »
    If someone purchases this on the Windows Store using their Gold Account can they give the code to a non gold account user?

You won't get a code unfortunately, it will just be tied to whatever account made the purchase.

I'd have been pissed off having just bought it lol.
    I finished the campaign on blizzard, took about 5 hours. The graphics in this game are stunning overall. Championships are unlocked once you finish it so I still have more stuff to get into, but I'm taking a break to play an old Zelda game :)

eyerer wrote: »
    I'd have been pissed off having just bought it lol.
    I finished the campaign on blizzard, took about 5 hours. The graphics in this game are stunning overall. Championships are unlocked once you finish it so I still have more stuff to get into, but I'm taking a break to play an old Zelda game :)

Campaigns are a doddle.
    Real challenge is online.

I only use campaign to get a feel for the game at the start, then started going to online lobbies and that's where the craic happens.

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Have to pay for the car park . Even though i have a car pass...

Have to pay for the car park . Even though i have a car pass...

That's because you only get six car packs with the car pass.

Do you get anything with the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Well this certainly looks interesting...

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Do you get anything with the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass?

Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels expansions.

Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels expansions.
    nice one, thanks :)

• Advertisement

Did anyone start playing the Hotwheels expansion?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Did anyone start playing the Hotwheels expansion?

I've played a good few races, really enjoying it!

It has really, really got me longing for playground to make a kart racer game.

Got this last night on PC for 42, decent game so far but the price is ridiculous.

After a fair few hours now im disappointed in it, it is literally a race to the fastest car and then????

I was playing with 2 others who have it ages and doing a Ford vs Someone race (I like those) and im level 50 they are 200+ I have a station wagon made out of wood or a Focus RS. They pick GTs in various years, I pick the Focus.

Race starts they vanish down the road, I plod along in 3rd, taking corners like a beast and really doing well. Next race I ask them to pick the same cars as I noticed something, So I pick my Aventador and what I noticed was correct, when they were cornering off the road they were losing little speed. The game wasnt punishing them for blasting around the tracks. I was breaking and staying on the road and being punished in position for it.

So now if I want play online vs others I need to have a Pagani or Koennisegg or its pointless, even If i play it long enough to get those, is that fun?

This sort of describes online gaming in my experience, people cheat, have unlocked better tools or have played the game/mastered it so much it's pointless and no fun trying to match them. Single player is focused and progressed, multiplayer I've never really got on with, unless you know them.
    They may also be driving with assists on even if you have them off.
    I liked the single player game but I didn't turn the AI up that high since I found them annoying too :D I'm looking forward to Forza 7 anyway

They are not cheating tho they are playing the game and getting the rewards which is a Wipeout style car with no punishment for going off road.

They certainly havent mastered it if they cant stay on the road :D

Havent looked at the driving assists but I would assume they are neutralized when playing online?

I assumed Forza was a casual Sim, rather than a NFS type game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Started this a week so ago but haven't played much. The cars themselves look good but the background doesn't impress me, kinda grainy.

Advertisement