Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Horizon 3 (Xbox One and Windows 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Reviews seem to be blindingly positive so far.

Reviews seem to be blindingly positive so far.

Yeah brilliant scores so far - http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/forza-horizon-3/critic-reviews

lol at the 4/10 from "IBTimes UK" bringing down the average score a bit. Seem to be on your own there mate. No mans sky was definitely a 8/10 though :rolleyes:

Yeah brilliant scores so far - http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/forza-horizon-3/critic-reviews

lol at the 4/10 from "IBTimes UK" bringing down the average score a bit. Seem to be on your own there mate. No mans sky was definitely a 8/10 though :rolleyes:

He gave Everybodys Gone to Rapture a 3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Nice to see good reviews then. Tempted to login on Windows 10 and order it.. might take a look at the price via singapore ;)

Do I just set my region inside windows 10 system/control panel?

More reviews coming out through out the day and the amount of 10/10 and 5/5 reviews is amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Wish this wasn't exclusive to the windows store on pc, €70 is taking the piss for a pc game

edit: £50 on amazon, still too much. Not sure if it would work on an Irish account

ShaneU wrote: »
    Wish this wasn't exclusive to the windows store on pc, €70 is taking the piss for a pc game

edit: £50 on amazon, still too much. Not sure if it would work on an Irish account

It's a play anywhere title so buy through Xbox.com ..... on holiday. I hear Singapore is nice this time of year, return trip is €45 ;)

Play Anywhere info https://news.xbox.com/2016/09/15/everything-you-need-to-know-about-xbox-play-anywhere/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

He gave Everybodys Gone to Rapture a 3 :D

He wouldn't be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Loved FH2, just started playing the first game at the weekend and really enjoying it.

Was planning to hold off on this for a while but fûck it, the universal acclaim has swung it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

maximoose wrote: »
    Loved FH2, just started playing the first game at the weekend and really enjoying it.

Was planning to hold off on this for a while but fûck it, the universal acclaim has swung it :)

I pre-ordered FH3 a while back because Playground Games always deliver the goods in the Forza Horizon games. Their expansions packs are excellent too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

70 euro for standard edition on windows is a bit of a joke

70 euro for standard edition on windows is a bit of a joke

You can get the Xbox One version cheaper on amazon than you can get the PC version on win10 store. Wtf?

yup, its a joke, especially considering microsofts renewed interest in pc gaming as platform haha

put it steam is the first thing they should do with their games, failing that at least keep the pricing competitive ffs, oh and dont gimp settings options etc.

its not really rocket science

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

IGN gave it a 9.5

Xbox version, I believe!

That's hella high :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

eyerer wrote: »
    You can get the Xbox One version cheaper on amazon than you can get the PC version on win10 store. Wtf?

yeah, really want the dual pc/xbone version, but wow it's expensive

well fcuk it, bought the ultimate edition for pc.....my will wasnt strong with this one :o unlocks at midnight tonight i think, pre loading at the moment

well fcuk it, bought the ultimate edition for pc.....my will wasnt strong with this one :o unlocks at midnight tonight i think, pre loading at the moment

Yes midnight for unlock for Ultimate Edition owners. Tuesday for everyone else.

Works out at about €70 from Hong Kong for UE so happy enough to go with that I think.

70 is a good price tbf for the ultimate edition, god windows store download speeds are absolute crap though! i download at 6mb/s on steam (50gig game in around 2 hours) but this game (49gigs) has been downloading for 5 hours and im around 2/3 the way there. Also doesnt tell me what speed its downloading at!

I'm looking at this for PC, but would like an idea that its a good port. Any PC reviews out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

eyerer wrote: »
    I'm looking at this for PC, but would like an idea that its a good port. Any PC reviews out yet?

Requirements for it are a bit scary. Don't know if it will be good port. Last few were not great at all. I know it's locked to 60 fps already.

Is xbox version 30fps again?

• Advertisement

its not locked at 60 fps once you turn off v sync apparently

Requirements for it are a bit scary. Don't know if it will be good port. Last few were not great at all. I know it's locked to 60 fps already.

Is xbox version 30fps again?

Yeah locked to 30 I believe.

For those who'll be playing at midnight - Enjoy :( :pac:

FYI for those on Xbox in the preview dash program, Copying CatinaBox' post from the xbox forum
    We’ve identified an issue in the current 1610 Preview update which impacts game save data for Forza Horizon 3. Users who pre-ordered the Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition will receive early access beginning tomorrow (9/22), and we will be releasing a new 1610 Preview update tomorrow morning (estimated 11:00 AM PDT) to fix this issue.

For Preview users who have access to Forza Horizon 3 prior to the release of this new 1610 Preview update (New Zealand and Australia), please be aware that until your console has downloaded the latest 1610 Preview update, you may lose saved progress in Forza Horizon 3.

This issue occurs when reaching a certain threshold of game save data and is impacted saving career progress, saving screenshots, and importing designs from previous Forza titles. Please be aware that when saving career progress this issue will not indicate an error is present, however, upon restarting the game saved progress may be lost.

Thank you for your understanding and we will communicate more as we push out the new build with the fix over the next 24 hours.

oh god i hope they havnt made a cock of the pc version

oh god i hope they havnt made a cock of the pc version

Ah that has nothing to do with the PC version or even the game, it was an issue with the preview dashboard on the xbox itself..

I was pushed the update there a while ago so they are on the ball with with it.

tried to hit play through the windows store but got a message saying i was too early. heres hoping early access actually works at 12

tried to hit play through the windows store but got a message saying i was too early. heres hoping early access actually works at 12

Go easy on the clutch there you'll burn it out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Buttros

I bought the ultimate edition on a recent trip to Singapore for Xbox. Playing it over the last 20-30 mins. So far so good

• Advertisement

Go easy on the clutch there you'll burn it out :pac:

playing project cars to tide me over :D

Advertisement