Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consistent and far too often having outages

Options
  • 18-07-2016 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'd been talking to you on twitter back in June. We had a baby arrive on May 17 and since that date or close enough to it, we've had 5-6 prolonged power outages, unplanned may I add.

Firstly I'm not looking for any sort of refund etc. ****e happens. We all know this.

Secondly I just want to know what in the name of jebus is going on? It's the 'Pollerton' area of Carlow that had a 2 hour outage again on Sunday 17th @ 09:30.

- what is the RCA for each outage since mid may?
    - what are the plans if any to prevent these?
    - is there forward planning and what SLA is there in place to fix network issues which fault often?
    - the town of killerig usually has power during these outages, is it possible to have the grid that we connect to moved to an alternative MV ring that suffers less issues?

I'm out near Killerig cross (couldn't be further from pollerton, what gives?)

Thanks,

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi flamegrill,

Thanks for your message.

ESB Networks would be the people to speak to in regards to power outages. 

They can be called on 1850 372 999, and they are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 

They also have a Powercheck app that provides real-time updates.

Further contact information for ESB Networks can be found online here.

We hope this helps. Should you have any questions regarding Electric Ireland, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Brige

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

And there was I thinking you supplied my electricity. Vodafone don't ask me to call Eir when I have an issue with my broadband or phone line yet Eir provide the physical link.

I'll ring Networks. But you, as my supplier, should be able to supply me with the information asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again flamegrill,

We are sorry to read of the electricity outages in your locality and we can understand your frustration, however we can only advise contacting ESB Networks. They own and are responsible for all power-lines and the general electricity infrastructure nationwide, for all electricity customers (irrespective of who their electricity provider is) so they are the people to speak with directly - we are unfortunately unable to advise as a billing provider, due to this being a separate function and us not having access to ESB Networks' system, and ESB Networks crews being the ones to attend to the outage.

ESB Networks are also on Twitter and they have another telephone number, 1850 372 757 (business hours and Saturday mornings). If you have any account queries, we are here on Social Media (Boards, Facebook and Twitter) until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Una

Advertisement