Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel Payment to Lowcost Holidays

Options
  • 18-07-2016 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Any way I can cancel payment made to Lowcost holidays on 23 June..Unable to get through to customer care ..holding for 23 minutes!! Any other way to contact them other than phone..Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'm in the same boat although I got through on Saturday and they said you need to complete a form on there website, but I can't find it.

If you made the payment with your visa debit you'll be able to get your money back so don't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

golfrules wrote: »
    Any way I can cancel payment made to Lowcost holidays on 23 June..Unable to get through to customer care ..holding for 23 minutes!! Any other way to contact them other than phone..Thanks
    Hi golfrules, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

There's a number of instances where you can claim a chargeback for your holiday with Low Cost holidays, so I will just explain these below. The Chargeback form can be found here.

If you are still due to travel:

Airlines: If your airline has confirmed that the flights have not been booked, you can request a charge back for this. Please provide us with confirmation from the airline (email or letter).
    Otherwise if the flights have been confirmed, there is no charge back right on these flights.

For hotel bookings: These will need to be re-booked for your required dates. You can raise a charge back for the original hotel cost however any additional cost on the re-booking is not covered under the chargeback rules.

Any transfers/parking or car hire: These may not be valid. You may need to re-book these with the provider. You can raise a chargeback for the amount of the original cost as detailed on your itemized bill breakdown. Any additional cost on re-booking is not covered under the chargeback rules. 
    If the company has advised that the bookings have not been confirmed or paid for, you can claim a chargeback for this. Please provide us with the confirmation in writing (an email or letter from the company).

Documents that we will need to process the Chargeback:
    • A copy of the invoice / booking details you received for the transactions from Low Cost holidays
    • Any other relevant documents- if the confirmation that the booking is not valid and you need to rebook and pay directly to supplier ( hotel, transfer etc.)
    • Cover letter stating what you are claiming for, including your 16 digit card number, name, address and phone number
    • You can include your mobile number on the documentation sent to us - upon receipt you will get an SMS to confirm this
    • Please provide copies only and not original documents
    [*]

Please send all the documentation to:
    Bank of Ireland Chargebacks department,
    PO Box 365,
    Dublin 18.

Once we receive all the required documentation from you, a chargeback will be processed and you will receive the refund within five working days to your card. I hope the above helps you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement