Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDNS on upc/virgin cisco epc3925

Options
  • 18-07-2016 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully set up a noip ddns on a cisco epc3925?
    The only built in option on it at the moment is a dyndns.org which is now a paid service.

Is there a way to configure the noip update manually on the router or has anyone set up such a configuration on a cisco router?

Don't mind getting my hands dirty with some scripting in config files etc.

Thanks,

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

If you bridge the Cisco and use your own router you can quite easily do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I just use their DUC on my home server. Not suitable for all, but works fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

ED E wrote: »
    I just use their DUC on my home server. Not suitable for all, but works fine for me.
    Thanks, my backup plan is to use my raspberry pi, but was hoping there was a neater solution with the router.

PaulKK wrote: »
    Thanks, my backup plan is to use my raspberry pi, but was hoping there was a neater solution with the router.

Can you use ddclient on the PI?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

So I resolved this using the pi and the no IP DUC.

Very straightforward and no problems.

I may end up paying the $25 per year to save the hassle of confirming each month but I'll see how it goes for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Quite often a NAS will have an inbuilt DDNS option.

Advertisement