Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People minding dogs at home.

• 18-07-2016 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm in desperate need of finding someone who can mind my dog for four days next month. I don't want to kennel her as she's a rescue and it took her months to come out of her shell when I took her home. If anyone knows anyone in the Wicklow/Wexford area could you pm me! Or any one that has kenelled their rescue dog could tell me how it went. I just don't want her to feel stressed while I'm off having fun.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I am in the same boat but three weeks I am away, only have the dog about 3 months and he is not 1 yet we think. I had an offer to have him minded by family but after calling a kennel who help the rescue it sounds like he will have a better holiday than me. 2.5 miles in morning, individual play time , 2.5 miles in evening, treat time etc, large kennel. I decided to put him in with the pro's rather than family , family have another dog and you just dont know how it would go, he has started digging also which wont go down well with a lovley flower garden , I suppose three weeks is a long time and piece of mind all round. If you call the rescue you got her from and ask their advice locally would be my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I used https://housemydog.com/ when I went away in March. I found a married couple about 30 minutes away that were really dog lovers and welcomed my lad into their home. He was walked every day and treated as one of heir own. They sent me WhatsApp messages with photos too. I was really happy with the service and had great peace of mind while away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Here you go. http://www.homefromhomekennels.com/About-Us.html
    Lovely couple. Got their details years ago from a rescue we both fostered for. Never used them as I had a terrible experience at home boarding where my girls got evicted just as I arrived in France......too bold apparently :rolleyes:
    All very stressful and had to try and organise alternative accommodation within an hour from France so had since put them in kennels.
    Anyway we were getting work on house and going away so needed kennels. I was at vets and bumped into rescue person so thought I would try them out. They collect and drop off (if you want) mon, weds, fri.
    Girls had a fab time and are allowed back (yipee!!!) they were wrecked from all the fun :)
    I will defo use them again even if we are getting work done on house!

Advertisement