Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best thrift stores in Dublin??

Options
  • 18-07-2016 10:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I simply love shopping in these places.

What are the best ones in Dublin?
    Names, locations etc??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Oxfam on Francis Street is probably the biggest one I know. They do sofas and household furniture as well as books, DVDs, speakers, etc

There are 2 or 3 of them in Phibsboro too, CASA, Oxfam and some other charity.

Capel Street has Enable Ireland and a couple of others too. On the southside I think there is one called Mrs Quinns in Rathmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Thrift stores in Dublin are probably more expensive than some of our retailers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

Lux23 wrote: »

Mmm - that's not the word on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Mmm - that's not the word on the street.
    Which street ;)?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Lux23 wrote: »

Eager Beaver is ridiculous. Charging €30 for the exact same shirt I got in Camden, London for £7.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

I had a look on Capel street.

I found enable Ireland, but couldn't find the other ones....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Walk up Georges St from Dame St heading south, towards the canal. There are a lot of them! By the time you get to the Bleeding Horse you'll be sorry you started looking! They get cheaper, the further from the city you go. And Help the Aged, near the Bleeding Horse, has furniture too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Birneybau wrote: »
    Eager Beaver is ridiculous. Charging €30 for the exact same shirt I got in Camden, London for £7.

My boyfriend bought a pair of grey trousers in Harlequinn recently for €20, when I looked at the label they were M&S school uniform pants. But then again how many fools are there out there that are like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Rathmines have a few charity shops on the main street close to the Swan Centre, Barnardos, Oxfam, V.de Paul. Thrift shops I think are different to charity shops though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

The yanks have thrift stores, 10,000sq ft+ yokes with everything in them. We have charity shops which are essential a fixed car boot sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

The main difference I believe is that thrift shops are commercial businesses like any other 'second-hand shop', whereas charity shops are involved in the business of fund raising for a particular charity. There is a thrift shop in Capel Street. The last time I was in it there was a notice saying 'best value charity shop'. However, there was no charity name anywhere in the shop. Whatever the business there are usually treasures to explore. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Queenalocin

The stretch from Wexford St up along Camden St to Bleedin' Horse has great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I had a look on Capel street.

I found enable Ireland, but couldn't find the other ones....

There are four charity shops on Capel St, just drove down it yesterday.
    CASA is iiterally next door to Enable Ireland, then there is a Gorta just 20 metres away on the other side of the road, it has bright green signage. There is also a 4th one very close to those three on Capel St but I cant remember the name of the charity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

Anyone know a charity shop in and around town that sells pots and pans etc? two shops in my local area didn't have much.

Advertisement