Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buyout Bond or transfer into current DC Pension

• 18-07-2016 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi There,

Looking for some advice on a dormant pension I have with about 150k euro in it. I'm trying to decide if a buyout bond gives me a better investment choice or should I transfer it into my current employers DC plan which has a range of funds costing between 0.3% and 0.8%. I'm tending towards the DC plan as any of the investment offerings I've seen look like they have a lot or cost overheads. Appreciate any help on this.

Cheers,
    Wally...

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Get proper advice on this. The key attraction of a B.O.B. is one of control. If costs are reasonable it makes sense to use one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

If you pit it in the BOB, you can draw down from age 50. If you put it in your current scheme, you'll probably have lower charges.

Advertisement