Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100Mb Line

Options
  • 18-07-2016 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi

I am in Blackrock, Louth and recently had the 100Mbps line installed.

My nearest exchange/cabinet is about 200m from my house.

In spite of this the best download speeds I am seeing is 45Mbps - which more often than not drops as low as 25Mbps and stays there.

Any idea why this may be happening?

I find this quite ridiculous given my proximity to the cabinet - I have carried out the speed test on a number of different devices.

Below are some of the readings from the router, any thoughts are appreciated:

[font=GTWalsheimRegular, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Connection status:
    Showtime[/font]

[font=GTWalsheimRegular, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
    20478[/font]

[font=GTWalsheimRegular, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
    102398[/font]

[font=GTWalsheimRegular, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
    33699[/font]

[font=GTWalsheimRegular, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
    133707[/font]

[font=GTWalsheimRegular, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
    12.4[/font]

[font=GTWalsheimRegular, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
    10.3[/font]

Upstream line attenuation (dB): 15.4

Downstream line attenuation (dB): 9.6

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Make21 wrote: »
    Hi

I am in Blackrock, Louth and recently had the 100Mbps line installed.

My nearest exchange/cabinet is about 200m from my house.

In spite of this the best download speeds I am seeing is 45Mbps - which more often than not drops as low as 25Mbps and stays there.

Any idea why this may be happening?

I find this quite ridiculous given my proximity to the cabinet - I have carried out the speed test on a number of different devices.

Below are some of the readings from the router, any thoughts are appreciated:

[font=GTWalsheimRegular,]Connection status:
    Showtime[/font]

[font=GTWalsheimRegular,]Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
    20478[/font]

[font=GTWalsheimRegular,]Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
    102398[/font]

[font=GTWalsheimRegular,]Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
    33699[/font]

[font=GTWalsheimRegular,]Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
    133707[/font]

[font=GTWalsheimRegular,]Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
    12.4[/font]

[font=GTWalsheimRegular,]Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
    10.3[/font]

Upstream line attenuation (dB): 15.4

Downstream line attenuation (dB): 9.6
    Hi Make21,

Thank you for getting in touch with us :)

I am very sorry to hear this. Unfortunately you would need to contact our [font=Verdana, sans-serif]technical [/font]support team directly and carry out some troubleshooting issues with them.

You can contact them on 1890-260-260 or freephone 1901 (option 2)

-Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Those figures sound suspiciously like you're testing over Wifi. You won't see 100Mb unless you use a cable in most scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Connection looks perfect. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

You're testing over wifi on the 2.4ghz signal, connect to 5ghz and you'll see improved speed although not over a greater area.
    As said there, you're line stats look 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks Guys :)[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement