Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sport

Options
  • 18-07-2016 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭

Existing eir broadband customer.

I have Sky TV. 

Will it cost extra for me to add eir Sport?

Also, I have multiroom. Can I Add eir Sport to this box too? Does this cost extra?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

I have Sky TV. 

Also, I have multiroom. Can I Add eir Sport to this box too? Does this cost extra?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi The Ayatolla,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post :) [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Eir sport is completely FREE. This will automatically be updated on your TV device. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It will also be free and available to watch on your multi-room box :) [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Ciara[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

eir: Ciara wrote: »

I have Sky TV. 

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi The Ayatolla,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post :) [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Eir sport is completely FREE. This will automatically be updated on your TV device. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It will also be free and available to watch on your multi-room box :) [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Ciara[/font]
    Sounds delightful!

One last q, how many multirooms are allowed? 

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

Doesn't automatically add to Sky boxes - you need to follow this link, enter your My eir details and add your Sky viewing card number.
    https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer

Further info here - http://support.eir.ie/eirsport/sky 
    Only appears automatically on eir Vision boxes.

Oh right. I have sky downstairs and two boxes upstairs. Thought it would come through automatically on the upstairs boxes. 

• Advertisement

Oh right. I have sky downstairs and two boxes upstairs. Thought it would come through automatically on the upstairs boxes. 
    ....possibly will once you've added it to the main viewing card number?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

If my wife's parents have eir broadband can I get them to use my sky viewing card number to get the free Eir/BT sports?

If my wife's parents have eir broadband can I get them to use my sky viewing card number to get the free Eir/BT sports?
    Hi fermanagh_man,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

The Eir account holder would have to set up a MyEir account and then register for Eir sports. I am afraid you would be unable to set up an Eir account unless you are the account holder as there is account information needed from only the account holder to protect there account.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi fermanagh_man,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

The Eir account holder would have to set up a MyEir account and then register for Eir sports. I am afraid you would be unable to set up an Eir account unless you are the account holder as there is account information needed from only the account holder to protect there account.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Ciara

Account holder already has a MyEir account, what I'd like to know is could they use my sky viewing card details?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭beepbeeprichie

I am an Eir business Broadband user, can I use the app?

• Advertisement

Consumer customers only unfortunately.... 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I'm afraid not  beepbeeprichie,

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭beepbeeprichie

-Pamela 
    Your ad on the radio says all eir broadband users. Needs to be more specific

-Pamela 
    Your ad on the radio says all eir broadband users. Needs to be more specific
    I am very sorry for the confusion beepbeeprichie,

I will be sure to relay your feedback on the relevant department.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Schummi

Does an existing (out of contract) eir Broadband customer enter a new contract if they add eir Sport to their Sky boxes?

Schummi wrote: »
    Does an existing (out of contract) eir Broadband customer enter a new contract if they add eir Sport to their Sky boxes?
    Nope!

One last q, how many multirooms are allowed? 

Thanks!
    Apologies The Ayatolla,

Once you have registered your details you will then be able to view the eir Sport's channels.

I am extremely sorry for the mistake

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,264 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Hi eir

Both of my in lawss have eir broadband but only basic saorview... I know this is a long shot but can they watch eir sports for free? I presume they won't be able to watch it on the telly but what about through a laptop?

Hi eir

Both of my in lawss have eir broadband but only basic saorview... I know this is a long shot but can they watch eir sports for free? I presume they won't be able to watch it on the telly but what about through a laptop?
    Yes they can. Laptop and app for iPhone/iPad/Android :) 

Hi eir

Yes they can. Laptop and app for iPhone/iPad/Android :) 
    Just bear in mind it's not supported by Google Chrome so you'll have to use a different browser if this is what you normally use :) 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

I'll be getting in sky q shortly but it's my understanding that you can't get the eir sports pack to work on the mini boxes(i don't believe they have a viewing card). Sky are saying that they can broadcast channels on the mini boxes but eir are preventing this.

Can anyone explain this as the chat guys haven't a clue.

I'll be getting in sky q shortly but it's my understanding that you can't get the eir sports pack to work on the mini boxes(i don't believe they have a viewing card). Sky are saying that they can broadcast channels on the mini boxes but eir are preventing this.

I thought the mini boxes effectively capture the feed coming into the main box. So you should be ok?

I thought the mini boxes effectively capture the feed coming into the main box. So you should be ok?
    Thanks for that and i'd hope you're right but sky are saying that's not the case and i've seen it mentioned in the sky q thread so interested to hear what eir say.

I guess you're not going to answer this pamela??

Still ignoring me Pamela. Have to say my first experience of eir customer service both here and live chat is shocking and has been lies, ignorance and lack of knowledge to basic questions. What have i let myself in for?

Still ignoring me Pamela. Have to say my first experience of eir customer service both here and live chat is shocking and has been lies, ignorance and lack of knowledge to basic questions. What have i let myself in for?
    Hi itsnotmyfault,

Thank you for getting in touch. Unfortunately eir Sports is currently unavailable on SKY mini boxes however this has been flagged with the relevant and we are looking into having this available in the future.

Apologies for the delays in response and I am sorry i could not offer you some better news today.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement