Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATH First Round Match #7 JP Liz vs Paulie 21

• 18-07-2016 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

In the 7th match of this years ATH, we see the first lady of Boards PW, JP Liz, fill in and take Omackerals place take on New entrant to the ATH, Paulie21. Heres the rules guys:
    I will post a topic and you have to post your response including why you made that choice within a given time limit (before the next match is scheduled to begin), take care while making your responses however as the other contestant can counter your arguement i.e pointing out possible flaws in what youve said.

*you can only counter an arguement two times so make sure your point is worth making. If someone's defense of their arguement isnt good it will count against them.

*You can use the same answer as your opponent if you wish i.e you agree with their choice however its hard to win a debate when your making the same points someone has already made

see the OP of the main thread for further details or if any examples are needed check out previous years competitions.

Q7: The Movie The Wrestler (intentionally not picking a real wrestler here) highlighted how many wrestlers can't leave the life/ring and always want one more chance to recreate their glory days. If Vince McMahon/HHH wanted you to bring someone of this stature back and / or give someone one last run on top, who would you choose and how would you book it?

After your first post, why would your choice be better than your opponents?

Good Luck

Who should progress to the next round? 5 votes

JP Liz
    0% 0 votes
    Paulie21
    100% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

One man immediately sprung to mind

Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_stoneCold.png

It's one month to the biggest Wrestlemania in history to be held in Dallas, Texas. Monday Night Raw is live from New Orleans and the main event segment kicks off with Brock Lesnar been accompanied to the ring by his advocate, Paul Heyman. Heyman has been appearing for the last number of weeks stating nobody in the back is willing to face the beast incarnate on the grandest stage of them all. He keeps saying everyone must be scared stiff to step into the squared circle with Lesnar and where have all the real men gone. Heyman then goes on to say he is issuing an open challenge for anyone brave enough to step up to the plate. Silence for a couple of moments then:

GLASS SHATTERS

The crowd pops louder than everyone has ever heard before, Heyman and Lesnar both have smirks on their faces. Austin steps into the ring, Heyman asks Austin is he accepting the challenge. Damn right I'm accepting it even though I know my health issues will limit me I won't miss the biggest Wrestlemania in history in the heart of my home state of Texas. Heyman starts laughing hysterically but Stone Cold delivers a stunner on him, Lesnar reacts by attempting an F5 but Austin slides off him and connects with another stunner. Austin celebrates with beers as Raw goes off the air.

During the week Vince McMahon sends out a tweet confirming in the main event of Wrestlemania 32 it will be Brock Lesnar v Stone Cold Steve Austin

Neither man appear on Raw before the show of shows but Paul Heyman kept reminding everyone what his beast will do to the already battered and broken body of Steve Austin.

The match takes place before an electric crowd. Lesnar dominates the match hitting suplex after suplex on Austin but Stone Cold finds energy from somewhere to kick out of an F5 whilst setting up for another one Austin counters and hits a stunner but Lesnar gets his shoulder up before three. Heyman is shown with a shocked face at ringside. Austin goes for another stunner but Lesnar gets him up for another F5 this time scoring the win.

As Lesnar and Heyman clear the ring we see Austin in the ring taking off his boots and leaving them in the ring. He grabs a couple of Steveweisers as Wrestlemania concludes with over 100,000 people chanting thank you, Austin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am going to choose a man who at one time was more over than Cena, Orton, Punk or Taker and that is Jeff Hardy

Jeff returns on first Raw in January 2017 after Foley has resigned him and Jeff declares he is entering the Royal Rumble, he thanks Foley and fans for having him back

They are interrupted by the world champ Seth Rollins, Rollins laughs at Jeff being back calling him a has been who will never reach the top again and that Foley is an idiot for bringing him back, Jeff congratulates Seth on all he has accomplished in WWE but says he wants another shot at the world title whomever holds it

Rollins has beaten the likes of Ambrose, Reigns, Lesnar, Cena and Cesaro to retain his world title in past few months

Rollins now has a bodyguard too in his former Shield mate Reigns who turned heel after not beating Rollins, Reigns attacks Hardy backstage later that night and the following week Hardy beats Reigns by DQ when Rollins interferes

The final two in the rumble are Reigns and Hardy, Rollins interferes to try and help Reigns win but instead Hardy win

At Elimination Chamber Reigns and Rollins defeat Jeff and his partner Bully Ray who turns on Hardy

On one of Raws after EC, if Hardy defeats Bully Ray and Reigns in an handicap match arranged by Stephanie as Foley is off he can decide what type of match he has with Rollins at WM 33, Hardy wins despite Rollins again interference and chooses a TLC match

At WM Lita wishes Jeff good luck backstage and his brother Matt is in the crowd front row

After an epic TLC match at WM 33, Hardy wins the title to close WM

While I'd like to see Jeff Hardy v Seth Rollins in a TLC setting I just don't feel it's Wrestlemania main event worthy. Vince would looking for something to put bums in seats, get more network subscriptions, sell more merchandise, get the main steam media talking. I don't think there would be as much interest in Jeff Hardy returning amongst the casual fans that tend to tune in around mania season. Stone Cold Steve Austin competing in one final match would be a huge deal in the wrestling world I'd hazard nearly everyone with an interest would be intrigued by what was going to happen.

Also you use Roman Reigns is a bodyguard type figure for Rollins I just don't see how Vince or HHH would allow this to happen after the about of build up they've put into him there not going to allow him to become an afterthought in somebody's else's feud especially around Wrestlemania season.

I just feel there would be more of a buzz around a Stone Cold return to the ring than a Jeff Hardy return

I do agree everyone would love to SCSA back in WWE in any form as he is such a legendary figure but I worry how much he do in a match especially against Lesnar.

Lesnar to me has a limited move set and I don't think he would put on good match with an injured SCSA.

I still don't think it was right for Lesnar to end Taker's streak at WM and now giving him another top WM moment defeating SCSA in a match which I think would be lacklustre could tarnish WWE and SCSA.

When considering Stone Colds return I thought there would only be two opponents that he'd be interested in facing, Brock Lesnar and John Cena. It would of been 13 years since Austin wrestled so he had to lose the match now pairing him against Cena wasn't going to work because Attitude Era fans would go bat**** if Cena picked up another huge victory in his career. Lesnar was the best option here because they had previous history from Wrestlemania 20 and Lesnar is the biggest draw in the fighting world. I'd agree it wouldn't be a wrestling classic I'd doubt anybody would expect that. It would be a hard hitting slobberknocker as JR would call it.

I'd also take into consideration that would Vince trust Jeff Hardy in such a prominent role right out the bat your right in saying he was more over than anybody in 2008/09 but he blew it when he got busted.

Steve Austin belongs on the Mt Rushmore of Pro Wrestling and him stepping back into the ring when he a massive deal that would generate an unbelievable amount of interest in a dwindling product. While Jeff was good I feel that the option Vince and HHH should choose is the one that's best for business. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Beast Brock Lesnar

• Advertisement

I think a gimmick match like TLC at WM between one of that match originals in Hardy and Rollins (who HHH and Vince see as the future of WWE) would be good for business and would bring in money, imagine the carnage as those two would put on one hell of a match plus their feud could continue to Summerslam or even beyond

If SCSA ever did return in ring, I would like to see him against someone like Punk or Ambrose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Poll bump

Poll bump

Poll bump

Advertisement