Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC 4320 to PIR - Not Connecting

Options
  • 18-07-2016 1:57pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

trying to connect a wired PIR (Siemens PDM-I12) to my SPC 4320 but not having any luck so far.

I thought these PIRs were out of the box ready for connection over 2 wires so here's what I have:

Panel - PIR
    I1 <-> C1
    COM <-> C3

Did I miss something?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What's powering it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

What's powering it?

Nothing apparently, even the combined willpower of 2 of us had no effect. :D

From your response I'm guessing it's a 2 wire + 2 more for power connection that's needed?

Added:
    Going through the instructions here and still not entirely sure.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Graham wrote: »
    From your response I'm guessing it's a 2 wire + 2 more for power connection that's needed?

Thats correct 2 for power & 2 for alarm & tamper inputs combined if you are using duel end of line resistors.

Advertisement