Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People selling knock off beauty products!

Options
  • 18-07-2016 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭

Grrrr!! Can't believe people still sell knock off make up! My local buy & sell page has had a girl on it selling make up today, mainly mac and urban decay. Loads of people commenting on the posts saying they'll buy some! She's admits they are fake by saying "they are so like the real ones!"

I remember a year or two ago an argument blew up on another facebook page about people selling knock off make up, with those whingeing that they are only trying to make a few bob for Christmas etc, others complaining that make up is so expensive and this is how they can get a mac lippie or an urban decay palette.

Now I'm not preaching from atop a high horse - I do have a knock off handbag and a pair of fake uggs - but I don't really get much enjoyment from them cos I know they are fake, and I'm afraid people will know they are fake when I used them and judge me for it.

But I do draw the line at fake makeup. you don't know what the hell is in it and what it could do to your skin. There are so many affordable dupes of popular make up products out there by genuine make up brands that there's really no need to buy fakes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Yea, I've noticed a lot more fakes on ebay. I don't mind so much if it's fake per se, but it's just when they're claimed to be authentic but then the texture or colour is completely wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Never mind the texture and colour, there's all sorts of dangerous ingredients in the counterfeits

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Never mind the texture and colour, there's all sorts of dangerous ingredients in the counterfeits

This!! A colleague of mine treated a patient just this week who will most likely have permanent damage to her sight from a reaction to a fake pallette. It makes me both angry and sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

I used to know a makeup artist in the US whose makeup box was filled with what I'd have thought of as cheap mass-market colors. He said that it was always better to buy genuine of any cost than any fake, and then proceeded to prove it with his astute analysis of the quality of a few Maybelline eyeshadows and a powder from the dollar store that he said was the smoothest, softest, longest-lasting, and best-coverage of any in the business. I went to the dollar store and bought all they had (twelve, at a dollar each!). Two years later I still haven't used them up and they are still as fresh as they were the day I bought them.

Advertisement