Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gone beyond the joke

Options
  • 18-07-2016 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭

.Current Eir broadband customer (signed an 18 month contract last December)

.Wednesday July 6th - Looked for some info regarding Eir TV via the chat service on the eir site. Did not make an order just looked for info as my current contract with Sky is coming to an end. 

. Thursday July 7th - Received a text informing me that my eir TV installation would be carried out on Tuesday July 12th between the hours of 9:30am and 12.30pm

. Thursday July 7th - Got in touch with eir via the chat, explained that I did not order anything. Representative apologized and told me to contact eir via the phone. I was given a number

.Thursday July 7th - I rang the number I was given, told them the situation and was told by Gerald that the eir tv offer or add on to my current bundle was excellent and that I really shouldn't turn it down. I decided to go with it.

. July 12th - Took time off work for the Installation but the Installation guy never showed up. I rang to see what the story was. Apologies all around again. New date made for Friday the 15th of July. This time it was an all day appointment, could arrive at anytime I was told. Took another day off my work holidays. 

July 15th - Installation guy turns up at 3pm. Told me he didn't have any instructions to install eir Tv. Just upgrade my broadband to fibre. He spent 3 hours at my house and in the end he said that I'd require a whole new line and that he'd be back first  thing Monday morning (today) to install or fit it. I took another day off my work holidays.  He never turned up. 

Thats 2 and a half days off my flipping holidays gone and apparently I've signed a new 18 month contract and am going to be charged a new amount monthly for something I haven't even got yet. 

One question. WTF is going on? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

.Current Eir broadband customer (signed an 18 month contract last December)

.Wednesday July 6th - Looked for some info regarding Eir TV via the chat service on the eir site. Did not make an order just looked for info as my current contract with Sky is coming to an end. 

. Thursday July 7th - Received a text informing me that my eir TV installation would be carried out on Tuesday July 12th between the hours of 9:30am and 12.30pm

. Thursday July 7th - Got in touch with eir via the chat, explained that I did not order anything. Representative apologized and told me to contact eir via the phone. I was given a number

.Thursday July 7th - I rang the number I was given, told them the situation and was told by Gerald that the eir tv offer or add on to my current bundle was excellent and that I really shouldn't turn it down. I decided to go with it.

. July 12th - Took time off work for the Installation but the Installation guy never showed up. I rang to see what the story was. Apologies all around again. New date made for Friday the 15th of July. This time it was an all day appointment, could arrive at anytime I was told. Took another day off my work holidays. 

July 15th - Installation guy turns up at 3pm. Told me he didn't have any instructions to install eir Tv. Just upgrade my broadband to fibre. He spent 3 hours at my house and in the end he said that I'd require a whole new line and that he'd be back first  thing Monday morning (today) to install or fit it. I took another day off my work holidays.  He never turned up. 

Thats 2 and a half days off my flipping holidays gone and apparently I've signed a new 18 month contract and am going to be charged a new amount monthly for something I haven't even got yet. 

One question. WTF is going on? 
    Ho Tommy Kelly,

Thank you for getting in touch with us :)

I am extremely sorry to hear that this has happened. I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you. I can ensure you this is not the level of service Eir aim to provide and I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department.

Can you PM me your account number please and I will look into this for you?

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement