Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Parking

Options
  • 18-07-2016 6:51pm

Ive to go to the Big Smoke tomorrow....Lower Mount Street to be exact for 9:40 am

Ill be coming from Gorey in Wexford. Ive done the whole Routeplanner and know the way but have no idea about parking there.

Any suggestions?

I also might have to be a few hours for the appointment so need to bear that in mind.

Any help from you good city folk in helping your country cousin would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You'd get parking on Merrion square or upper mount St, which isn't an extension of lower mount St but parallel to it.

You can download a parking app to pay online and be able to top it up without going near your car or you can pay by card or coins at the meter. The coins ones are starting to disappear though.
    https://www.parkingtag.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Parking around there is 2.90 an hour! Consider parking at a train/dart station, it's a ten minute walk from Pearse station

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

athtrasna wrote: »
    Parking around there is 2.90 an hour! Consider parking at a train/dart station, it's a ten minute walk from Pearse station

How much does parking at the station and a return ticket cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

How much does parking at the station and a return ticket cost?

Depends on from where. It's less stressful though, the clampers around there are like vultures, they hover! Working in the area 16 years so I've seen them in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

you could park at Bray seafront and get the dart.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Or park at the Aviva it's six Euro for the day and a thirty minute walk at most

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

M11 to M50 to Ballinteer / Dundrum - Park at Balally Luas for €5 for the day and take the Luas to Stephen's Green.

Thanks for all your help.

I ended up parking in Carrickmines Park and Ride (after I eventually found it!!!) and getting the Luas to Stephens Green, walking the rest. I was there in plenty of time and didn't have to worry about parking or parking meters.

Thanks again

Advertisement